• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

What’s the worst matchmaking you’ve come across?

Dewnose

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1493-3741-2812
I’m posting this thread because I was inspired: Just had a Turf War with a vanilla Inkbrush, a Bamboozler mk 2, an Eliter, and a hero charger (I was the Inkbrush) against three Dapple Dualies (two Nouveaus) and a pair of custom Dualie Squelchers. Congrats to my team for only losing by 5%.

Cephalobro

3 Blasters (one was Rapid, others were Clash) and a Splattershot Pro on the enemy team in Ranked, this happened two times in a row during Clam Blitz when The Reef was in rotation. At the same time, no Blaster was on my team.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Two Aerosprays, an Inkbrush, and I was using Splat Dualies. Other team was 4 Custom Dualie Squelchers. My teammates were completely hopeless. Didn't help that they all just kept pushing the most straightforwards route and didn't even seem to try and flank.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
i had a match once with 3 chargers as allies while i was using the dapple dualies or the N-zap 89 can't remember which 1 of them it was,but anyhow we got our butts kicked,i was literally the punching bag since i was the only 1 who couldn't stay at a safe spot to splat the enemy and of course the enemy kept going after me since they knew due to my weapon i couldn't do much from far ranged Dx it was a turf war match but still..it's no fun being a punching bag of the team T~T

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
Literally any time I'm stuck in a team of all chargers or fighting a level 3 in a room full of level 50+

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Any game that starts with 7 players or less.

Or the classic one level 10< in a team of level 90> players, that stuff is also super quality matchmaking

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Me vs quad missiles in TC Port Mackerel.

mintymocha

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7186-3259-8306
a specific game i remember was tower control with my team having 3 clash blasters and a forge pro... wasn't that bad for my team, but i certainly didn't envy the other team for having to deal with 3 clash blasters on tower control

also, splat zones on camp triggerfish, except everyone has medium/short ranged weapons excluding 1 person with a splattershot pro. only that person could reach the other side with their main weapon. a lot more than usual of going into each other's bases ensued

Jagginator

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-6478-7859-9273
I played Turf with my friend who was new to Splatoon once, he thinks rollers are bs, so I picked the Flingza, I think, to troll him a little. Game starts, literally everybody except my friend has some sort of roller wether it be Splat, Dyna or Carbon. This continued for 2 rounds.

Inkling kirby

Semi-Pro Squid
Every time I get matched with a hydra while using the hydra, I'm disappointed because of the matchmaking and because I know...
They're never as good of a hydra as I am. :cool:

Last edited:

kirigiri

Inkling
NNID
katsu
Switch Friend Code
SW-4114-5930-5234
today during a tower control sesh my whole team and i were matched up against another team composed of all clash blasters.....

it wasn’t pretty

ikebro

Full Squid
Pronouns
any/pronouns
four chargers, two of which are e-liters, turf war, scorch gorge.
other team had all shooters i think.
i was one of the liters. yeah we kinda just gave up and squidpartied in base as they continued to kill us (even after literally backing us into a corner) (seriously turf is never ever that serious please calm down)

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Necroposting wooooooooooooooo!

Anyway, the worst matchmaking I've ever had happened on Splatoon 2, right at launch actually. The very first time I played League with a friend, our opponent was Dude and we got destroyed.

Shayreep

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1285-8726-3991
In splat2 (when ur randos in pro were actually random) i tried out a charger one day and got a lobby filled with NOTHING but rollers. Like 7/8 rollers and i was the only non-roller. Unfortunately was too bad at charger to take advantage of my advantage

Aiko.Octo

Pro Squid
Pronouns
she/her
I wish I could remember the details and I can't find the screenshot but I somehow ended up in a match a while back where my side had three dualies and their side had three chargers. I can only guess that maybe the chargers were all friends grouping together for fun, but it was so strange.

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
Screenshot 2024-02-16 123729.png

this was my first game of the day the other day LOL

oops all slayers

blu_aaa

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2473-2014-2344
I dont have the screenshot of it anymore but i got paired with 3 dapples (i was using stamper) in cb wahoo world. Was not a fun experience lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom