• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 What Are Some New Game Modes You Want To See In Splatoon 2?

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
I honestly think we are getting one more ranked at least, but I would like to know what other people thought of new game modes. And I am not talking aboutfan made modes that you can play in Private Battles. I mean full fledged Ranked Modes that have their own objective.
I was thinking of maybe a terminal control sort of game type, it would be similar to splatzones, but you don't have think the area near the terminals, you just have to be near them. If one team controls all of them they win.
Maybe an all specials game mode, where specials like Inkjet get infinite use, and other things like Ink Storm where you get to use it but you can only use it again when the special is over. Maybe the team with most kills? IDK.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Splat Scramble!
(Name subject to change)

In the newest ranked mode Splat Scramble, splat your way to victory! The game mode starts with a 30 second warm up. During this time, splats by either team are not counted toward their respective goal. After warm up, the fun really begins! The timer starts for one team (let’s just refer to the teams as “x” and “y”). When this timer starts, whenever team x splats a squid on team y, team x’s score goes down by 5. If someone on team x damages another on team y without a splat, 2 points are awarded to team x. After this 15 second timer expires, the game is reversed and team x and y swap their status and y can get points. The defending team gets all their special stat x2! Once a team’s score is down to 0, that team wins!

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Splat Scramble!
(Name subject to change)

In the newest ranked mode Splat Scramble, splat your way to victory! The game mode starts with a 30 second warm up. During this time, splats by either team are not counted toward their respective goal. After warm up, the fun really begins! The timer starts for one team (let’s just refer to the teams as “x” and “y”). When this timer starts, whenever team x splats a squid on team y, team x’s score goes down by 5. If someone on team x damages another on team y without a splat, 2 points are awarded to team x. After this 15 second timer expires, the game is reversed and team x and y swap their status and y can get points. The defending team gets all their special stat x2! Once a team’s score is down to 0, that team wins!
I don't think that it would work because Team X could splat Team Y and then just retreat into their spawn point which has an impenetrable shield, sooo...

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Splat Scramble!
(Name subject to change)

Sounds like a deathmatch sort of thing which defeats the purpose of Splatoon.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I don't think that it would work because Team X could splat Team Y and then just retreat into their spawn point which has an impenetrable shield, sooo...
Ya that’s the problem I’m trying to balance rn. 2x all special stats might not be enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom