1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

What Are The Biggest Problems In Splatoon 2?

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by AwesomeCookie, Aug 7, 2017.

1. AwesomeCookie

AwesomeCookie Pro Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-7071-8973-2321
    Every game has it's problems. Including this. Show your reasons on what problem you have with Splatoon 2! One of my problems with the game is that WE DON'T HAVE PLAYABLE OCTOLINGS YET!

redbunnyer likes this.
  2. Agent Z

Agent Z Inkling Commander

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2700-4413-3630
    You beat me to it.
    I was going to put "The crippling lack of playable Octolings."

redbunnyer and Hero of Lime like this.
  3. AwesomeCookie

AwesomeCookie Pro Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-7071-8973-2321
    Aw man. Pretty sure you still have some other reasons. :]

4. Shady Shaymin

Shady Shaymin Inkling

Pretty much everything BESIDES the gameplay itself.

The tick rate. The lobbies. The timed modes. The rotations. The P2P. The difficulty setting up matches with friends.

The game by itself is honestly perfect. I'm sure their are balance flaws the deeper you go in the meta, as with any multiplayer game (especially at launch). But for me, the gameplay itself here is tight enough that Splatoon 2 would be a 10/10 if it didn't have so many hurdles regarding online.

Harupittan likes this.
  5. sammich

sammich Inkling Cadet

waiting for the return of Our Heavenly King and Ruler of the Undead, squiffer-sama: the squifferous rex

6. Hero of Lime

Hero of Lime Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Link643
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5339-5185-8796.
    I would default to my usual whining about ink armor, but like Shady Shaymin mentioned, the tick rate and peer to peer connections are a huge problem with the game from a technical point.

In other areas, I feel the content roll out has been kinda slow. A new weapon a week is nice, but we are long overdue for a new map for the game. It's starting to feel a little tiresome being on the same maps like this, and Shifty Stations being Splatfest exclusive does not count towards a new map sadly. Fingers crossed we get a new map this week or next week.

7. D3RK

D3RK Semi-Pro Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」
    • I still despise Moray Towers
    • Some specials need to be adjusted. Mainly toning down Ink Armor a little and improving Sting Ray. Tenta Missiles are also extremely annoying, but not broken. I just hate being missiles spammed during an entire match.
    • Ranked should let you play any mode you want. Rotations are dumb. Split ranked mode into 3 and let them share the current map rotation if you are that dead set on rotations.
    • Splat Brella is not available yet :mad:

Shady Shaymin likes this.
  8. Harupittan

Harupittan Inkling

This right here. I love the gameplay, even with its balance issues, but good lord the connection issues are unbearable. And some of the design choices are really counter to any other online game, such as inability to queue with a friend or cancel out of a queue.

Shady Shaymin likes this.
  9. Danku

Danku Inkling Commander

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6239-2879-4288
    My gripes about the game atm
    No playable octolings ;p
    too few battle tracks
    trickle of content is way too slow
    obscenely low tickrate making things like Ink Armor absolutely unbearable and rendering rapid fire weapons useless when you need them most
    the ridiculously long lobby times
    the mind numbing slog that is grinding ability chunks
    ill think of more later.

Hero of Lime likes this.
  10. AwesomeCookie

AwesomeCookie Pro Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-7071-8973-2321
    Gonna have to agree with you there. There has to be a new map. Shifty Station kinda counted, but honestly, I kinda hated it and it was only for one Splatfest. Gets really repetitive with someone constantly playing Splatoon 2.

11. Agent Z

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2700-4413-3630
    I love Shifty Station simply because it's the most bloody chaotic thing in the game. It's so unpredictable that you'll always get some kind of hilarious result out of it. One time, I tried to super jump to a teammate, but then the platform started moving, and I dove head first right into the abyss. That was the hardest I'd laughed in awhile.

AwesomeCookie likes this.
  12. AwesomeCookie

AwesomeCookie Pro Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-7071-8973-2321
    Dang. Feel good?

13. Agent Z

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2700-4413-3630
    I was feeling pretty silly actually but yeah, I should probably smile more often ha ha.

14. AwesomeCookie

AwesomeCookie Pro Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-7071-8973-2321
    Yea. I kinda raged when I teleported to my teammate and died, (by falling off the moving platform) because, well this was a Splatfest. I should probably take the Splatfest less serious.

15. Agent Z

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2700-4413-3630
    I look at Splatfests as a ranked battle that isn't competitive.
    Winning does actually matter, but it should be at the bottom of your Slosher list (as opposed to bucket list). Your priority should be to have a good time, and splat the night away with a free mind. Treat it like a ranked battle, and fight to win, but don't worry if you lose. You get rewarded even if your team loses, and just as the ink vanishes after the battle, your failures will too. With ranked battles, you'll have to claw your way back up the ranks if you fail too many times, but nothing carries over for Splatfests. Enjoy the music, get loopy looking at the lights, and remember the most important thing: It's all the best in a Splatfest.

16. AwesomeCookie

AwesomeCookie Pro Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-7071-8973-2321
    Nice paragraph. And wait, you still get seashells even if your team loses?

17. Agent Z

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2700-4413-3630
    Yup. At the maximum rank (Ketchup Queen) I was given 21 Super Sea Snails even though we were beaten. The winning team just gets more.

18. Danku

Danku Inkling Commander

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6239-2879-4288
    Yes, you get quite a good amount of super sea snails if you hit King/Queen even if you lost, more so than you would normally earn in the first game. So now losing isnt as bad.

19. AwesomeCookie

AwesomeCookie Pro Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-7071-8973-2321
    Thanks for the info. I remember someone telling me a few months back, telling me that if you lost a Splatfest, you wouldn't get any sea shells. And that's why I take Splatfest so seriously. But now that I know I still get sea shells, I'm gonna take Splatfest a bit more casual.

Danku likes this.
  20. Danku

Danku Inkling Commander

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6239-2879-4288
    Good idea. Now, the winner gets 24 sea snails, and the loser gets 21 if they have the maximum rank. it used to be that the loser got 18, and with how extremely important sea snails were in Splatoon 1, it was a seriously big deal. It's a much welcomed change. :p