• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

What Are The Biggest Problems In Splatoon 2?

Shady Shaymin

Inkling
Pretty much everything BESIDES the gameplay itself.

The tick rate. The lobbies. The timed modes. The rotations. The P2P. The difficulty setting up matches with friends.

The game by itself is honestly perfect. I'm sure their are balance flaws the deeper you go in the meta, as with any multiplayer game (especially at launch). But for me, the gameplay itself here is tight enough that Splatoon 2 would be a 10/10 if it didn't have so many hurdles regarding online.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
waiting for the return of Our Heavenly King and Ruler of the Undead, squiffer-sama: the squifferous rex

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I would default to my usual whining about ink armor, but like Shady Shaymin mentioned, the tick rate and peer to peer connections are a huge problem with the game from a technical point.

In other areas, I feel the content roll out has been kinda slow. A new weapon a week is nice, but we are long overdue for a new map for the game. It's starting to feel a little tiresome being on the same maps like this, and Shifty Stations being Splatfest exclusive does not count towards a new map sadly. Fingers crossed we get a new map this week or next week.

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」
  • I still despise Moray Towers
  • Some specials need to be adjusted. Mainly toning down Ink Armor a little and improving Sting Ray. Tenta Missiles are also extremely annoying, but not broken. I just hate being missiles spammed during an entire match.
  • Ranked should let you play any mode you want. Rotations are dumb. Split ranked mode into 3 and let them share the current map rotation if you are that dead set on rotations.
  • Splat Brella is not available yet :mad:

Harupittan

Inkling
Pretty much everything BESIDES the gameplay itself.

The tick rate. The lobbies. The timed modes. The rotations. The P2P. The difficulty setting up matches with friends.
This right here. I love the gameplay, even with its balance issues, but good lord the connection issues are unbearable. And some of the design choices are really counter to any other online game, such as inability to queue with a friend or cancel out of a queue.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
My gripes about the game atm
No playable octolings ;p
too few battle tracks
trickle of content is way too slow
obscenely low tickrate making things like Ink Armor absolutely unbearable and rendering rapid fire weapons useless when you need them most
the ridiculously long lobby times
the mind numbing slog that is grinding ability chunks
ill think of more later.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Apartment In Inkopolis With His 3 Friends
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
I would default to my usual whining about ink armor, but like Shady Shaymin mentioned, the tick rate and peer to peer connections are a huge problem with the game from a technical point.

In other areas, I feel the content roll out has been kinda slow. A new weapon a week is nice, but we are long overdue for a new map for the game. It's starting to feel a little tiresome being on the same maps like this, and Shifty Stations being Splatfest exclusive does not count towards a new map sadly. Fingers crossed we get a new map this week or next week.
Gonna have to agree with you there. There has to be a new map. Shifty Station kinda counted, but honestly, I kinda hated it and it was only for one Splatfest. Gets really repetitive with someone constantly playing Splatoon 2.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Gonna have to agree with you there. There has to be a new map. Shifty Station kinda counted, but honestly, I kinda hated it and it was only for one Splatfest. Gets really repetitive with someone constantly playing Splatoon 2.
I love Shifty Station simply because it's the most bloody chaotic thing in the game. It's so unpredictable that you'll always get some kind of hilarious result out of it. One time, I tried to super jump to a teammate, but then the platform started moving, and I dove head first right into the abyss. That was the hardest I'd laughed in awhile.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
I love Shifty Station simply because it's the most bloody chaotic thing in the game. It's so unpredictable that you'll always get some kind of hilarious result out of it. One time, I tried to super jump to a teammate, but then the platform started moving, and I dove head first right into the abyss. That was the hardest I'd laughed in awhile.
Dang. Feel good?

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Yea. I kinda raged when I teleported to my teammate and died, (by falling off the moving platform) because, well this was a Splatfest. I should probably take the Splatfest less serious.
I look at Splatfests as a ranked battle that isn't competitive.
Winning does actually matter, but it should be at the bottom of your Slosher list (as opposed to bucket list). Your priority should be to have a good time, and splat the night away with a free mind. Treat it like a ranked battle, and fight to win, but don't worry if you lose. You get rewarded even if your team loses, and just as the ink vanishes after the battle, your failures will too. With ranked battles, you'll have to claw your way back up the ranks if you fail too many times, but nothing carries over for Splatfests. Enjoy the music, get loopy looking at the lights, and remember the most important thing: It's all the best in a Splatfest.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
I look at Splatfests as a ranked battle that isn't competitive.
Winning does actually matter, but it should be at the bottom of your Slosher list (as opposed to bucket list). Your priority should be to have a good time, and splat the night away with a free mind. Treat it like a ranked battle, and fight to win, but don't worry if you lose. You get rewarded even if your team loses, and just as the ink vanishes after the battle, your failures will too. With ranked battles, you'll have to claw your way back up the ranks if you fail too many times, but nothing carries over for Splatfests. Enjoy the music, get loopy looking at the lights, and remember the most important thing: It's all the best in a Splatfest.
Nice paragraph. And wait, you still get seashells even if your team loses?

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Nice paragraph. And wait, you still get seashells even if your team loses?
Yes, you get quite a good amount of super sea snails if you hit King/Queen even if you lost, more so than you would normally earn in the first game. So now losing isnt as bad.

AwesomeCookie

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-7071-8973-2321
Yes, you get quite a good amount of super sea snails if you hit King/Queen even if you lost, more so than you would normally earn in the first game. So now losing isnt as bad.
Thanks for the info. I remember someone telling me a few months back, telling me that if you lost a Splatfest, you wouldn't get any sea shells. And that's why I take Splatfest so seriously. But now that I know I still get sea shells, I'm gonna take Splatfest a bit more casual.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Thanks for the info. I remember someone telling me a few months back, telling me that if you lost a Splatfest, you wouldn't get any sea shells. And that's why I take Splatfest so seriously. But now that I know I still get sea shells, I'm gonna take Splatfest a bit more casual.
Good idea. Now, the winner gets 24 sea snails, and the loser gets 21 if they have the maximum rank. it used to be that the loser got 18, and with how extremely important sea snails were in Splatoon 1, it was a seriously big deal. It's a much welcomed change. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom