• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What Builds Are You Currently Running/Experimenting With?

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
I'm curious is all... Here are some I'm running.

This is a rather new one that I've been running using various weapons. I have other pieces of gear that have more :ability_defenseup:, but this is the most... optimal (I guess is the word I'm looking for o3o).

:head_met002: :ability_swimspeed: l :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_defenseup: (<--- I was so salty when THAT showed up. These abilities were from leveling it up)
:clothes_vest001: :ability_inkrecovery:l :ability_defenseup::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
:shoes_slp002::ability_defenseup: l :ability_bombrange::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

Here's what I normally run (usually when I use the Dual Squelcher. I also swap out the Head and Shoes a lot =/)

:head_first::ability_inkrecovery:l :ability_inkrecovery::ability_specialsaver::ability_inksaversub:
:clothes_vest002::ability_coldblooded:l :ability_runspeed::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump:
:shoes_shi000::ability_inksavermain:l :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksaversub::ability_inkrecovery:
(or) :shoes_bot002::ability_quicksuperjump:l :ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:

My Charger Build

Legendary Cap :ability_damage:l :ability_damage::ability_specialsaver::ability_inkrecovery:
:clothes_jkt003::ability_damage:l:ability_runspeed::ability_specialsaver::ability_damage:
:shoes_msn001::ability_inksavermain:l :ability_inksavermain::ability_damage::ability_inkrecovery:

And my Special Build, normally used with Carbon Roller, Regular Jr., and Neo Splash-o-Matic.

:head_eye002::ability_bombrange:l :ability_specialduration::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialduration:
:clothes_tly008::ability_specialsaver:l :ability_quicksuperjump::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
:shoes_sht003::ability_specialduration:l :ability_specialcharge::ability_specialsaver::ability_damage:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
This is my default outfit. There's a number of pieces I'll swap in as needed, but they all share one specific ability. You might notice a trend.

:head_ncp003::ability_tenacity: :ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
:clothes_tel000::ability_quickrespawn: :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
:shoes_sht009::ability_quickrespawn: :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:

And here's my extreme speed outfit.
:head_amb000::ability_swimspeed: :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
Krak-On 528:ability_runspeed: :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:shoes_sdl000::ability_runspeed: :ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:

I have others floating about, but those are the most notable.

drwatson

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2514-7147-4516
My Octoshot build that I've been doing well with:
:head_met002::ability_swimspeed::ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_runspeed:
:clothes_tel006::ability_swimspeed::ability_damage::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
:shoes_bot003::ability_inkresistance::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:

And my Dual Squelcher build:
Legendary Cap :ability_damage::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_specialcharge: (I eventually want to get triple Swim Speed or Run Speed on this, but it's fine for now)
:clothes_swt002: :ability_defenseup::ability_damage::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:
Roasted Brogues :ability_defenseup::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
This is my default outfit. There's a number of pieces I'll swap in as needed, but they all share one specific ability. You might notice a trend.

:head_ncp003::ability_tenacity: :ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn:
:clothes_tel000::ability_quickrespawn: :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
:shoes_sht009::ability_quickrespawn: :ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:

And here's my extreme speed outfit.
:head_amb000::ability_swimspeed: :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
Krak-On 528:ability_runspeed: :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:shoes_sdl000::ability_runspeed: :ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:

I have others floating about, but those are the most notable.
Those are some pretty solid builds. I'm jelly of your gear, especially the pure ones. XD Did you savescum or were these from leveling or a couple rerolls?
My Octoshot build that I've been doing well with:
:head_met002::ability_swimspeed::ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_runspeed:
:clothes_tel006::ability_swimspeed::ability_damage::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
:shoes_bot003::ability_inkresistance::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:

And my Dual Squelcher build:
Legendary Cap :ability_damage::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_specialcharge: (I eventually want to get triple Swim Speed or Run Speed on this, but it's fine for now)
:clothes_swt002: :ability_defenseup::ability_damage::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:
Roasted Brogues :ability_defenseup::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
Loving your Octoshot build and eyyy, another Dual Squelcher user. XD
Getting that extra Swim Speed would even you out. Huh, seeing this build makes me wanna incorporate Damage Up in my builds... O.O

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
I'm experimenting with good looking gear because I'd like to at least casually return to using my male Inkling. My very good clothes are very feminine and currently irreplacable, so I'm experimenting with some clothes that would look great on the male but still aren't entirely useless.

Spent some snails yesterday creating the Octo Tee, which is optically speaking my favorite. With :ability_haunt: as main ability (which is sadly a rather useless ability) and :ability_inkrecovery:x3 subs.

Last edited:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Thanks Zero. Naturally I save scummed, though the pure gear were happy accidents while working on other things :P

Ulk, I'm curious what gear you have that you'd consider very feminine. I always thought the clothing in this game was pretty unisex.

Ulk

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Die-Ulk-Nudel
The clothing is technically going in the direction of "unisex". I guess it's mostly just me, really. But a direct example would be the School Uniform and School Shoes, both which I've rolled to the point where I got exactly what I needed from them ( :ability_inkrecovery:|:ability_damage::ability_inkrecovery::ability_damage: and :ability_inksaversub:|:ability_inksaversub::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inksaversub: ). They change heavily when I switch to the male Inkling, but to me they still seem to have a very feminine touch, even the Shoes.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Fair enough, I suppose. I can kind of see what you mean.

Also, hail fellow squelcher users! :D

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
I just recently got a build I've been really enjoying for my Tempered Dynamo, but I've forgotten the specifics of it. (I'll put it up here when I can get to my WiiU) I do know it had a good amount of :ability_inksaversub::ability_inksavermain: and :ability_swimspeed:, and :ability_comeback: because of all the trades.

EDIT: Okay, remember the hat (Paintball Mask, :ability_comeback::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:), and the shoes ( :ability_inksaversub::ability_quickrespawn::ability_quickrespawn::ability_inksaversub:), but only part of the shirt ( :ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:)

Last edited:

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
As I'm trying the wasabi this is what I typically use:

Fake Contacts :head_eye007: :ability_specialcharge:|:ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_swimspeed:
Baseball Jersey :clothes_shirt008: :ability_specialcharge:|:ability_specialcharge::ability_swimspeed::ability_specialcharge:
Soccer Cleats :ability_inkresistance:|:ability_specialcharge::ability_runspeed::ability_specialcharge:
Lots of special charge for lots of inkstrikes.

Last edited:

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
I've gotten a pretty great build for my :wst_roller_compact01:: :head_hbd003: with as many :ability_inkrecovery: as you can get, and any matchup of clothes and shoes with :ability_inksaversub: and :ability_swimspeed:. It's a great way to move around the map fast, especially with :ability_comeback: boosting your speed even more, and it lets you use the Seekers more when attacks and moving.

Shun_one

Pro Squid
NNID
not_shun_one
Been running this on E Litre
:head_cap001::ability_swimspeed::ability_specialsaver::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
:clothes_tel006::ability_swimspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:
:shoes_shi004::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_swimspeed:

I play pretty mobile when I choose a Charger, and the additional speed helps the Kraken.

maxie

Full Squid
i only picked up the luna blaster last week but ive got a set that seems to be working pretty well for it

:ability_damage: - :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_damage:
:ability_ninjasquid: - :ability_damage::ability_swimspeed::ability_damage:
:ability_stealthjump: - :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

im also putting stealth jump onto literally everything rn, it actually works surprisingly well on heavy splatling deco

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
i only picked up the luna blaster last week but ive got a set that seems to be working pretty well for it

:ability_damage: - :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_damage:
:ability_ninjasquid: - :ability_damage::ability_swimspeed::ability_damage:
:ability_stealthjump: - :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

im also putting stealth jump onto literally everything rn, it actually works surprisingly well on heavy splatling deco
Sorry to nitpick, but Ninja Squid AND Stealth Jump? That's some pretty hefty movement penalties, after applying the speed debuff your swim boosts only make you 2.7% faster. Considering skilled players will still see your indent in the ink when swimming, I'd recommend doffing Ninja Squid. Yay random unsolicited advice!

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Sorry to nitpick, but Ninja Squid AND Stealth Jump? That's some pretty hefty movement penalties, after applying the speed debuff your swim boosts only make you 2.7% faster. Considering skilled players will still see your indent in the ink when swimming, I'd recommend doffing Ninja Squid. Yay random unsolicited advice!
But what if you're playing against not-so-skilled players? Honestly, as long as I'm in TW Ninja Squid has come in handy (depending on maps). It is still fairly difficult to see the tiny indent, and if you use it more for swim strafing than "ambushing" then it helps in those circumstances.

I don't use it much anymore, but I think it can be fun for casual play. I might go use it right now...

:wst_shot_normal01:
Two Stripe Mesh :head_cap010: :ability_specialsaver:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
Zekko Hoodie :clothes_prk002: :ability_ninjasquid:|:ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver:
Red High Tops :shoes_shi005: :ability_inkresistance:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

I really only use it on maps with a lot of open areas for fighting. It doesn't work as well on linear maps and maps with lots of narrow passages.

Last edited:

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Neo Splash-o-matic with:
:head_cap007::ability_comeback:|:ability_specialsaver::ability_specialsaver::ability_swimspeed:
:clothes_shirt010::ability_haunt:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_specialcharge:
:shoes_shi005::ability_inkresistance:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_quicksuperjump:

Ink resistance and comeback are abilities i've used for a long time, but i've now only started using haunt because of the recent haunt buff and echo nerf. I like it so far. I accidently booyah at times. Force of habit. After all my preffered gear have a mininum of 2 preffered subs, i'm gonna try and roll triple for these gear

I also have this shirt which i miraculously got from 1 reroll:
:clothes_tel010::ability_haunt:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:

I plan to use it if i know i'm gonna be up against someone with echolocator for extra burst bomb damage.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
But what if you're playing against not-so-skilled players?
Considering there are many threads and posts complaining about how serious even turf war is getting, it's probably going to be harder and harder to escape the skilled players as time goes on. Be on your A-game at all times or YOU WILL SUFFER SPLATOON IS THE MOST SRS OF BSNS :P

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Considering there are many threads and posts complaining about how serious even turf war is getting, it's probably going to be harder and harder to escape the skilled players as time goes on. Be on your A-game at all times or YOU WILL SUFFER SPLATOON IS THE MOST SRS OF BSNS :p
I guess I've gotten used to it. My point, if I even have one, is that ninja squid can be fun/useful/effective at times if you know how to use it and not to overestimate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom