• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What can you do with your gear ability wise?

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
I have a few questions about gear and ability. I know the game lacks content in this area and what I'm asking is potentially imbalanced. Can you repurchase items of clothing and level them up again to get the actual sub abilities you want? All I know is that I bought something and it randomly assigned an ability. Can it be changed? I want to refine the abilities to those that suit my style and weapon.

I have a tone of money and nothing to spend it on.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Get to level 20, talk to Spyke, and you can re-roll the sub abilities for 30k coins or a Super Sea Snail.

Little questions like this go here.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Get to level 20, talk to Spyke, and you can re-roll the sub abilities for 30k coins or a Super Sea Snail.

Little questions like this go here.
An alternative method for non-level 20 players is ordering items from Spyke. If you already have an item, you can choose to get rid of it by ordering it from Spyke, waiting a day, then keeping the new item. Unfortunately, there is a chance it will have one or more sub abilities, in which that case it is better to reroll. If not, it costs a reasonable 15k.

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
Thanks, I found him. I'm lvl 20, but just grinded it out fast in the short amount of time I've played the game. I remodelled my gear and it gave me a new set of abilities.

I was recently killed by a guy and it showed me his gear. He had 3 damage up abilities on his gear. How is that possible when its random. Is that like finding the biggest rare in an mmorpg?

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
An alternative method for non-level 20 players is ordering items from Spyke. If you already have an item, you can choose to get rid of it by ordering it from Spyke, waiting a day, then keeping the new item. Unfortunately, there is a chance it will have one or more sub abilities, in which that case it is better to reroll. If not, it costs a reasonable 15k.
Its based on Brands:

http://splatoon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Brands

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I was recently killed by a guy and it showed me his gear. He had 3 damage up abilities on his gear. How is that possible when its random. Is that like finding the biggest rare in an mmorpg?
While uncommon, it can happen. I had this :clothes_prk000: with 3 Ink Saver (sub) at one point. Another possibility was that his gear was made by Squidforce, which has a higher chance to get Damage Up as sub abilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom