• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What Could Splatoon 3's DLC be?

Cephalobro

The Direct confirmed that Splatoon 3 will have DLC, with the likely involvement of Pearl and Marina.

While the DLC could introduce a new playable species, I don't think that's likely, despite Splatoon 2's Octo Expansion introducing playable Octolings. However, I do think it will have a conclusive story kind-of deal if the Splatoon 3's base story mode doesn't conclude it first. It will also be teased much like how Splatoon 2's base story mode teased Octo Expansion.

So, what could its story be? At the moment, it's unknown, but its completion and possible new gameplay will forever change the lobby. So, if Splatoon 3 doesn't conclude the Octarian arc, then the DLC likely will.

The story could be a new mission for New Agent 3, this time involving Pearl, Marina, Agent 4, and Agent 8. And just like before, both Agent 4 and Agent 8 are customizable before they make an actual appearance, being limited to Splatoon 2's customization.

Cephalobro

Okay, so after finishing the story mode (I really should've gotten to speculate this earlier), I have noticed something that might be answered, first is DJ Octavio's whereabouts during the main story-mode and also why he decided to suddenly help New Agent 3 in the first place. The DLC could actually touch upon the members of his army who weren't yet turned fuzzy and New Agent 3 could still be the character you play as.

Why I think this is because something is happening alongside the story mode (but different from the Octo Expansion) most likely involving New Agent 3 actually helping DJ Octavio rescue what's left of his army as well as getting Marina's help in rebuilding his Octobot. In a sense, the events from the DLC would essentially be spliced into the events of the story mode as a way to show more character development than before, like Agent 8's insecurity of the past finally starting to wane or Agent 4 finally taking things more seriously. Pearl could in turn convince DJ Octavio that Inklings and Octarians can coexist, as seen with Octolings on the surface.

Opdagon

Inkling
Perhaps the DLC could be about contacting regular unevolved octopodes (and other sea-creatures) that weren't affected by the anthropomorphic mind crystals

It makes sense, given that they gave a specific localized origin to the anthropomorphism and they also alluded to the idea of regular animals using technology (Mr. Grizz). It would also open up the door for unique mechanics: While robots and other machines could be jammed or short-circuited with fluids, you can't exactly kill an octopus by painting it. So with this there would be a load of regular Splatoon-type levels where you splat robots, but also there'd be encounters with physical octopodes that require you to use other strategies to defeat or perhaps just avoid them

binkling

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6303-2511-3440
My theory is that it's an open world rpg sort of thing that has something to do with salmonids, we don't play as a salmonid though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom