• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What do you all think we are getting after the update?

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
We know we are getting new weapons, maps, and Rainmaker for Ranked Battle. And it is pretty obvious Octolings are coming after the tumblr hinted at it. But what else do you think we are getting? Maybe even more gear? Perhaps a new Ranked Battle mode? Not sure what they have left to add after Rainmaker Ranked Battle wise but if they do add another Ranked mode then they definitely need to get rid of the mode rotation as there will be too many modes to rotate between.

EDIT: I'm so greedy; asking for what is next before the update comes out. :P

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Probably some anthropomorphic octopus creatures people are talking about these days.

Tent-attack

Inkster Jr.
NNID
C_r_4_g_u_s
More maps and weapons are a given. More gear is quite probable as well. As for that octoling teaser, it's either playable octolings or some kinda costume/makeover for your Inkling. (Although we basically already have the costume. At a long stretch it may be a lengthening of single player, but I doubt it). As for more ranked modes, I'm not holding my breath, but if more come along then I'd be more than happy to play them.

Jrdellx

Full Squid
GameXplain just uploaded a video talking about the August update here: http://bit.ly/1OMHvXP It's about 22 minutes long but its a good watch for anyone itching for anything Splatoon.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Man, that new level cap is going to be intimidating to reach. Who wants to bet it'll take 1,000,000+p to go from Lv. 49 to Lv. 50? Still, all the more incentive to go into Ranked Battles!

Also, squads are going to be quite interesting. I still have an invite to join one sitting in my Friend Request List and I might take it up before the update drops. My only worry is that Turf Points gained in these matches might not count toward leveling up myself or my gear, but I trust that Nintendo's not going to do that.

As for playable Octolings, who else thinks the Octo-boys will have tentacle afros to match the Octo-girls' bouffants? It'd certainly be an interesting sight.

Glass Eater

Pro Squid
Honestly, after the update the only thing I can think of is more Octo Valley maps and more music added to the game.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
The most important thing for Splatoon will be new modes in the future. Turf, Zones, Tower and Rainmaker are fine, but four modes is simply not enough for a shooter. FFA, Explosives only ("Bomberman"), various types of Deathmatch etc. are just a few which come to mind here. More layouts for Zones and Tower would help, too (at least one 1-zone and one 2-zone layout for each map, different routes for the tower, maybe customizable layouts for private rooms?).

Apart from that we will be getting new maps, weapons and gear for sure. New sub and special weapons would be cool, too. These feel a little limited to me at the moment.

Tent-attack

Inkster Jr.
NNID
C_r_4_g_u_s
The most important thing for Splatoon will be new modes in the future. Turf, Zones, Tower and Rainmaker are fine, but four modes is simply not enough for a shooter. FFA, Explosives only ("Bomberman"), various types of Deathmatch etc. are just a few which come to mind here. More layouts for Zones and Tower would help, too (at least one 1-zone and one 2-zone layout for each map, different routes for the tower, maybe customizable layouts for private rooms?).

Apart from that we will be getting new maps, weapons and gear for sure. New sub and special weapons would be cool, too. These feel a little limited to me at the moment.
I would love to see different layouts for maps in ranked mode. Would keep the current ones from becoming too stagnant. As for new subs and specials, while I'm not really bothered by the current selection being small, new ones would be welcomed.

K7Sniper

Pro Squid
NNID
K7Sniper
Man, that new level cap is going to be intimidating to reach. Who wants to bet it'll take 1,000,000+p to go from Lv. 49 to Lv. 50? Still, all the more incentive to go into Ranked Battles!
That's not incentive at all. You get on a losing streak, oh look 0 exp for more than an hours work!

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Right, that.

You think we should have training grounds for getting better at avoiding certain weapons rather than testing them out? It would help with longevity for inking.

K7Sniper

Pro Squid
NNID
K7Sniper
Well, the private matches will definitely help with that.

Or, you know, play the normal, non-Ranked mode matchmaking. Win or lose, you get exp, and you can play whatever you want to learn the nuances. Also, you KNOW it will be filled with people playing the hell out of the new stuff too.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I really doubt playable Octolings are happening. As we've seen in NWPlayer's videos, gear clips right through their models.

Tent-attack

Inkster Jr.
NNID
C_r_4_g_u_s
I really doubt playable Octolings are happening. As we've seen in NWPlayer's videos, gear clips right through their models.
Maybe the Octoling hairstyle is just a new piece of headgear? Would be better than nothing I guess.

Paragon-Yoshi

Inkling Cadet
That's because Inkling Gear is not optimized for Octolings.
After all, the only gear they are supposed to wear, is... well, the Octoling Gear.

Hats and stuff clip through the hair, because technically you are still playing as an Inkling.
But with that hack, the Octoling model is used instead of the Inkling model.
And because their heads are bigger, thanks to their Octoling-Hair, the "placement-coordinates" (makeshift term) of head-gear for the normal Inkling model, causes it to look that messy.

Like I mentioned in another topic, they would need adjustments on how the gear is placed on them.
Welp, Head-Gear at least.
Shirts and Shoes work just fine.

But personally, I believe that to be not a difficult task.
You add Octoling as player-character, assign the assets that are already there and do adjustments with the placement of head-gear as well as obligatory bug fixes.
I probably make it sound simpler than it is.
But I am sure that would be much simpler to do, than doing some of the other ideas, that people are suggesting.

But yeah, personally, I am also open for an alternative.
Aka, give me Octoling Wig and dem gloves and I am happy. :3

SpaceCanary

Full Squid
NNID
SpaceCanary
New weapons - check out this link: http://www.idigitaltimes.com/splato...mods-unveiled-heres-what-expect-photos-452152. There's no way that these are all August update weapons.

New stages, clothes and music are also pretty much inevitable.

As for playable Octolings: They're probably coming. Maybe they will have Octoling exclusive gear, or come with a mode where Inkling teams fight Octoling teams. I could also see Octoling amiibo coming.

D

Deleted Member

Octolings would definitely be an interesting addition, but I'm not expecting it. I would loooove to have an Octoling amiibo, though. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom