• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What do you consider, "Disrespectful"?

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
As someone whose played Smash most of his life, there is multiple way's I have been "styled on", or "disrespected", as well as dishing out disrespect when playing with others.
So what do you guys and gals believe is extremely disrespectful in Splatoon's gameplay?
One example I could provide is getting squished by Dynamo Roller.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
Maybe not exactly disrespectful in a game like splatoon, but getting ran over by a roller from behind without a fair fight. I'm not a noob, and I've been playing for a while, so Fight Me like a Squid already! :(

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Disruptors should really be called Disrespectors because of the amount of disrespect they induce
Once, at the very end of a RM match in Urchin, my team had the lead and the Rainmaker itself was lying on the ground, bubble popped, so the opponents had to grab it before the timer ran out for a minute chance of victory. I saw the only nearby enemy making a dash for it and, instead of grabbing it myself or taking them out while they were distracted, I Disrupted them from a safe distance so that they physically could not reach the Rainmaker in time. It was delicious.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Once, at the very end of a RM match in Urchin, my team had the lead and the Rainmaker itself was lying on the ground, bubble popped, so the opponents had to grab it before the timer ran out for a minute chance of victory. I saw the only nearby enemy making a dash for it and, instead of grabbing it myself or taking them out while they were distracted, I Disrupted them from a safe distance so that they physically could not reach the Rainmaker in time. It was delicious.
WHOA

THAT IS SUCH A TROLL MOVE

MY AGENT 4 WOULD DO THAT

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I think I created a *very* similar scenario on Museum one time. muahahah

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
How does that work out might I ask? Is it effective?
I've never tried it but I think that in theory, given two conditions, it should take out an opponent in humiliating fashion: A) their weapon is incapable of quickly escaping such a situation, e.g. a Charger or Dynamo (since the latter probably wouldn't hit the Sprinkler itself in a Super Jump swing) and B) there are no other opponents around to clear up your trap.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Being bowed to when there's like 1 Blade of the Darkmoon, 2 Warriors of Sunlight and the Host of Embers barreling towards you, torches raised, swords sharpened. When I manage to kill all of them, an applause of 'You screwed with the wrong Finger of Rosaria' is in order. Just a matter of not being reckless.

Nah, the thing most dishonorable/disrespectful is probably when I get disrupted moving to the Tower. And they just clamber onto it with their gross neon green bodies and move it, one of them putting up a Splash Wall and the same one renewing the Disruptor already on me, putting me out of action even more than I would be had they killed me.
Another bout of disrespect thrown at me would likely be getting assailed by multiple sprinklers when the N-Zap '89 was new and 'fresh'. I swear on my Natural Pure 3 Spec Duration Octarian Jacket Forge, I didn't even know you could have that many Sprinklers...

*Flashes back to Vietn--Sprinkler Hell*

Needless to say, I died from all of them.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
*Flashes back to Vietn--Sprinkler Hell*

Needless to say, I died from all of them.
COMRADE!

Well, actually I might be an enemy, considering the sprinkler is still my most favoritest sub-weapon evah.
I deserve my sprinkler based deaths, as I have dealt out a fair amount of it myself.

Well, most good ones have been posted already, but I have one to add

Having someone kill you intentionally with their splash wall.
He didn't throw out his splash wall and start firing right afterwards, he just casually turned from the tower and chucked it right where I was trying to foolishly hide.
He wasn't setting it up to defend a tower push, none of my teammates were in my general direction, he just

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Wow lots of you fun and sadistic ways of disrespecting someone. Getting disrupted with the RainMaker is the worst feeling in the game.
I also have a new one. In a Splat Zones match, I was respawning, and I prepared to jump to another teammate. That teammate was killed by an enemy, and that enemy was waiting for me. Unfortunately for that guy, I had a Kraken ready to go, so I instantly went "WHAT UP *****!" And proceeded to splat him and another enemy Inkling to take back the zone. (This was done on purpose by the way.)

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Another thing, I'm not sure if this is disrespect or just being a tricky *****, but sometimes, if its a slope or a narrow corridor, there may be a squid coming to engage me, and if the conditions are right I can toss a splat bomb just slightly behind them, which distracts them as they have to get closer to me to avoid it, and my gunfire can finish off what the partial damage of the blast didn't create. It's like a spiderweb. except its a splattershot jr.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
Placing a Sprinkler in someone's super jump circle is probably extremely disrespectful since Sprinkler kills are considered "embarrassing"... But it is ever so fun. :P Whenever I'm using the Inkbrush and I see an opportunity to do that, I'm usually taking it. Never gets old to get splats in that manner.

Squidbagging/taunting is the obvious one I suppose. :P I don't like people who squidbag because it shows complete arrogance but I don't mind people doing those little twirls. I admit that I'm guilty of it too. x) But only when it's deserved. :P When we're in a room of all Level 50 players and I get a double kill with a Sprinkler only...A spinning taunt is kind of deserved. x) I never even shot them; I just threw the Sprinkler at the top of Blackbelly and they died within seconds of it. x)

More seriously... Taking advantage of a completely disadvantaged team just to screw with them is completely disrespectful and shows horrible sportsmanship. :( The other day, my friend and I were doing a twin. During one match, the other twin disconnected at the start of the match so it was a known 2v4. The other team decided to troll us. They wouldn't end the game. They kept hopping on and off the tower to keep it in place but refused to finish the game. They knew there was absolutely no way we were going to win but still decided to mess with us just because they thought it was "funny" to stall out the game and try to kill us. I guess joke's on them because I was the one with the best K/D despite being a roller with only one teammate for help. But it's still seriously disrespectful. Just end the game and move on; there's no need to harass a team that you know has zero chance of winning.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Just now, playing with my splatfest alt using a custom e-litre on Moray Towers' Rainmaker. Splatted the charger hunter-killer by baiting him with a ready kraken, twice. Then splatted him again at his own shooter game by going "pew pew pew" in his face.

But the real highlight is splatting the carrier four times while they were in midair. I'm Gandalfing the entire match for my team and just as I'm getting a fifth air shot, a big grin on my face as I'm about to release the button—I get disconnected.

(/ .□.)\ ︵╰(゜Д゜)╯︵ /(.□. \) Why ya gotta disrespect me game? Why!?

(But seriously, I would count squidbagging and spawn camping as actually disrespectful. Everything? *passes salt shaker* Eh, the spice of life?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom