• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What do you guys think of the Tri-Slosher?

Superkootz

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Supermario182
I never got into them in the first one, I always preferred the nzap or krak on roller. I just recently switched to it and I freaking love it. It seemed like I was having trouble hitting people, maybe from lag or the low tick rate, but whatever the case I get way more kills with the slosher

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
It's one of (if not the) best main weapons in the game, combined with imo the second best sub (I think autobombs are a little better than burst bombs), but even that little hindrance doesn't matter because burst bombs work really well with this weapon, allowing you to come out on top of a bad situation, because you can just throw a burst bomb, then slosh once for a ridiculously fast kill.

I think enough ranting has been done about ink armour on other threads, but needless to say, it is the uncontested best special in the game.

Forget Greninja, we need to change it to Tri Slosher is 2 OP pls nerf.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
Tri-Slosher is currently one of the best weapons in Splatoon 2 right now.

SRB2DUDE pretty much explains everything you could possibly say about it. and that's not even mentioning Ink Armor.
tl;dw
-rewards bad aim
-extremely good special
-burst cancelling
-outranges mid range shooters, including .52 gal
-extremely fast fire rate for a slosher
-very quick time-to-splat
-good mobility
-typical strengths that are to be expected of sloshers, including no RNG spread when jumping, sloshing over walls
The thing's surfin' for a nerfin'.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
I was going to add a hyperlink to DUDE's video, but I have no idea how (I'm new to squidboards). Is there a button on the menu or is it better to just copy and paste?

Sorry for the off-topic question!

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
I was going to add a hyperlink to DUDE's video, but I have no idea how (I'm new to squidboards). Is there a button on the menu or is it better to just copy and paste?

Sorry for the off-topic question!
i just copied and pasted. there might be a more sophisticated way to do it, Im not sure.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I'm sick to death of the blasted weapon. I hope it gets hit hard with the nerf hammer so Tri slosher mains will have to develop real skill with their weapons.

Edit: This post comes right after I had some nasty encounters with Tri sloshers. I have immense problems with the weapon, and how many people flock to using it. For you Tri slosher mains out there, the next time you get kills in the double digits just by flinging your ink in the general direction of your enemy, or you take down two or three enemies because you had just activated your armor. At least consider how frustrating it is to be on the other side of the fence, having to deal with so many people using a weapon that is objectively OP compared to most other weapons in its class and range.

Last edited:

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
...I think it's a pretty God-tier bucket. >_>
NERF. NERF. NERF.
It was fine in Splatoon 1. Why did they buff it so much? Revert it back to how it was.
Make it a 3-shot.
Shrink the hitbox.
Increase special charge time.
Narrow the way the shots spread out.
Decrease fire rate.
ANYTHING.

Last edited:

ViziVoir

Inkling
NNID
ViziVoir
I used it in the first game, so I'm....pretty happy with how OP it is, lol.

Honestly, I do hope they nerf it. I'm a tri-slosher main, and having an advantage is nice, and all, but I'd prefer it to be fair.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I don't mind it. It's not for me, but it definitely is pretty decent.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
It's overpowered.
You barely have to aim, it's incredibly fast, and a point blank shot can instantly splat you, making team wipes easy on things like Tower Control.

"No aim, no brain, must be a bucket main."
(not my words)

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Weapon is easy mode. Tri-slosher was one of my favorites of the slosher series from the first game, but now it is way too easy to use. They definitely buffed the range a bit on it, because I don't remember it being that way in the first game. Damage I am pretty sure is similar to the first game, since I remember it being a 2 hit kill there as well.

I could be wrong on some of these details, since it has been ages since I last played Splatoon 1.

Also, I can't really hate people for using this weapon so much. It is a really good weapon, with a good kit. It will definitely get nerfed in the future. Probably reducing the range of the weapon would be a decent place to start with it.

GreatGateway

Full Squid
If only it wasn't overpowered, I'd love to have used it. As it stands my pride won't let me, but maybe post-nerf? Then again, I feel a couple of other weapons require a slighter need, but many others require buffs, Rollers in particular.

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
I don't think it's overpowered. You can get lots of kills with it but I still think Inkjet is a better special than Ink Armor. Basically I think Tentatek is still a better weapon at high level gameplay.

I will say that if a team has like 2-3 Tri-Sloshers and do consecutive Ink Armors, then yeah things get pretty ugly lol. There needs to be only 1 per team then it's fine.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Definitely OP.

I mean, who thought it was a good idea to give it a range buff?

That paired with its spread, burst bombs and ink armor makes for a easy to use but extremely powerful weapon. It even makes weapons like the 52. gal `redundant`.

So yeah, i hope it gets nerfed like giving it less range, make the side sloshes a 3-shot.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I mean, who thought it was a good idea to give it a range buff?
No one since it didn't get a range buff or any buff at all. :L

The Tri-Slosher benefits from the popular shooter weapons getting a range nerf and the favorable stage designs.

A direct nerf to the main weapon is inevitable at this point, but I just hope they don't hit it too hard that it becomes unusable.

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
No one since it didn't get a range buff or any buff at all. :L

The Tri-Slosher benefits from the popular shooter weapons getting a range nerf and the favorable stage designs.

A direct nerf to the main weapon is inevitable at this point, but I just hope they don't hit it too hard that it becomes unusable.
It did get a damage buff, now its damage is consistent no matter how accurate you are. Personally, THAT's what I think makes it OP.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
I think the only nerf it go was that now fall damage is less, but it's still a 2-hit kill so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom