• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

What do you play on?

Gunnarr

Inkling
Has there ever been a "what do you play on" thread here. Setups type of deal

I'll start, for my main tv in my game room I'm on a Sony XBR43800D 4K 43in. I know it's not a 4K game but it is upscaled. That with all the standard Nintendo switch stuff. Connected via lan cable
For the Living room I'm on a Sony XBRX65900D 4K 65in. This looks exceptionally good. Very good on the other but it's a 1 yr older tv. I also have a home theater with a lot of stuff. This is hooked up with a Nyko Switch stand via lan cable. If anybody would like to see pics I would be happy to post them. I am mainly a pc gamer and learning to use a controller. I use a Xim4 on my PS4 Pro.
PC Room

Living Room

Last edited:

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
I'm using the same "setup" for my switch as I do for all my other consoles available; they're plugged into the TV on my wall. Some kind of Sony Bravia, but a tad older. While it does look super small on the picture, it's actually pretty big, measuring roughly 3.2ft (1m) in width. I blame the lens on my potato cam. I either sit on the mats (visible in the bottom right corner) or in my desk chair (not visible in the picture, but to the left of the person holding the camera, durrr), depending on my mood and whether I want to browse / chat while playing or not. So, nothing too fancy, tech-wise.

Village Squidiot

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5320-0179-1531
I'm using the same "setup" for my switch as I do for all my other consoles available; they're plugged into the TV on my wall. Some kind of Sony Bravia, but a tad older. While it does look super small on the picture, it's actually pretty big, measuring roughly 3.2ft (1m) in width. I blame the lens on my potato cam. I either sit on the mats (visible in the bottom right corner) or in my desk chair (not visible in the picture, but to the left of the person holding the camera, durrr), depending on my mood and whether I want to browse / chat while playing or not. So, nothing too fancy, tech-wise.
Oh Splat! dem collectibles tho ;):cool::scared: *lowkey jealous* ^-^

Ember-Wisp

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
IceCrystalEmber
Switch Friend Code
SW-6109-1903-3315
Has there ever been a "what do you play on" thread here. Setups type of deal

I'll start, for my main tv in my game room I'm on a Sony XBR43800D 4K 43in. I know it's not a 4K game but it is upscaled. That with all the standard Nintendo switch stuff. Connected via lan cable
For the Living room I'm on a Sony XBRX65900D 4K 65in. This looks exceptionally good. Very good on the other but it's a 1 yr older tv. I also have a home theater with a lot of stuff. This is hooked up with a Nyko Switch stand via lan cable. If anybody would like to see pics I would be happy to post them. I am mainly a pc gamer and learning to use a controller. I use a Xim4 on my PS4 Pro.
PC Room

Living Room
wow nice set up! I have a lot of the same stuff, but I lack the desk space to put it together in the same way that you have it. we just have the standard TV stand set up, and separated CP space. Where did you get your desk? my bf wants to know. he loves it.

Gunnarr

Inkling
I believe I bought that at Staples or Office Max many years ago. I have a problem with monitors very close to my face. Kinda makes me nauseated. The desk is 48 in deep and monitor sits at 30. Which by the way is the "sweet spot" for me. The white stand that my pc sits on. Which sits slightly out of view is from Container Store. 3 tiered with baskets for junk.

Ember-Wisp

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
IceCrystalEmber
Switch Friend Code
SW-6109-1903-3315
I believe I bought that at Staples or Office Max many years ago. I have a problem with monitors very close to my face. Kinda makes me nauseated. The desk is 48 in deep and monitor sits at 30. Which by the way is the "sweet spot" for me. The white stand that my pc sits on. Which sits slightly out of view is from Container Store. 3 tiered with baskets for junk.
Cool. it might be hard to find if you got it a few years ago. but thanks for letting me know. :) he definitely doesn't have in issue of sitting to close to his PC screens though... Sometimes I have to ask him to sit back a little.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
Our TV is currently out of commission, so I’ve been playing tabletop, mostly at my desk. We should be getting a new TV tomorrow, though, so I’ll be back to playing on a big screen.

Not pictured is my giant iPad Pro (sitting right on top of my laptop) - I like the way I have my desk set up, because it is very versatile. If I have to work with paper, I can use paper. If I need my laptop, the laptop takes center stage. When I do serious work on my iPad, it takes the space. And if I want to play on the Switch, out it comes.

Edit: I have a new TV now, and it’s pretty awesome. In the picture I took, it looks fairly small, but it’s actually quite big. It’s amazing how cheap good TV’s are these days (it’s not OLED, but that is my only complaint)

Attachments

Last edited:

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Pretty nice collection. I used to really want some of those same Fate figures.

I don't have anything special. My TV and consoles are placed on a long dresser, and I put them next to my bed. Even if it's not high tech, it's high comfort.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Handheld mode. I don't have a TV and my computer's monitor is outdated enough to not have an HDMI port.

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
I would like to share my setup but my phone fell on the floor today and now it's camera doesn't work anymore... I'll try to get my normal camera working again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom