• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What if you don't wear any headgear?

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
In Splatoon you can wear shoes, headgear, and shirts. But the headgear is optional as you can make your Inkling have nothing on his/her head. Are you at a disadvantage because you don't get any perks from headgear? Or do you guys think they will give you perks for not wearing any headgear to balance things out?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I doubt that you'll get any perks for not wearing headgear, but there's really nothing you could say more than that until we know. It's like a 50/50 chance anyway.:P

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
I doubt that you'll get any perks for not wearing headgear, but there's really nothing you could say more than that until we know. It's like a 50/50 chance anyway.:p
But you would be lighter! It would make sense to get a perk for that!

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
you would definitely be at a disadvantage unless there's an option to hide it

ultimately this is why i don't like perks being assigned to equipment, if you actually want to make the best build you can your inkling is probably going to look like a post-modern art piece

i wish perks were just assignable perks that had no impact on your inkling cosmetically

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
But you would be lighter! It would make sense to get a perk for that!
Still unlikely, that's not something that usually happens in games with items that have stats attributed to them.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
Still unlikely, that's not something that usually happens in games with items that have stats attributed to them.
it would be unlikely, but if there's actually a hatless perk that makes you gain more momentum in the air i would honestly never buy a hat lmao

imagine splatterhopping with that, you'd get so much coverage with it

Last edited:
Reactions: Lyn

pixelatedcody

[S+99] Octoshot {AKA Pixel]
NNID
cncody
There needs to be a counter topic "but what if I want to wear all the things?"

Jokes aside, I hope there is perhaps some sort of base perk without outfits on, but It doesn't seem like that will be the case.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
i hope the most broadly useable and subtle perks like... oh say, faster transformation into a squid/human, faster walking speed when shooting, faster ink refill, a perk that lets you take one more shot before you die than usual, etc is assigned to the default clothes you get when you start the game

it doesn't mean the default equipment is overpowered, it just means that the equipment you buy give you limitations you have to work around and find a niche in your playstyle

maybe the ideas i gave for the default perks are too OP, i dunno, but they're just examples and you get the message anyway

Arne

Full Squid
NNID
Arne83
I say forget about the perks. Don't like it? Don't use it.

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
This is why I hate the fact the outfits have perks. Don't get me wrong, it adds more depth and it's still a really great thing, but it also sucks because you may love a particular outfit, yet it could actually be detrimental to the way you want to play the game. I'm just praying that the outfit I want is beneficial to me. Currently, I want to just use the standard, all-round rifle. I might change my mind on that, but I just hope I find a nice outfit that appeases my eyes and compliments my play style.

With any luck, you will be able to hide headgear, or perhaps headgear will provide the smallest bonuses because you can opt to not wear any, thus balancing it a little between those that do and do not use headgear.

Mithical1

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mithrandir37
What if a particular piece of gear doesn't just have one set of perks? I mean the stats seem pretty arbitrary so I think if you wanted a particular piece of gear with certain stats you would just have to keep buying that item until you get the stats you want or wait until the store is restocked with the combination you want. That'd be neat.

XenobiaXD

Inkling
NNID
XenobiaXD
I'm really hoping that we can have one set for the abilities and another for the aesthetics.

kunoichi squid

Inkling Cadet
There needs to be a counter topic "but what if I want to wear all the things?"

Jokes aside, I hope there is perhaps some sort of base perk without outfits on, but It doesn't seem like that will be the case.
I totally read that last part wrong I'm sure. Do you really mean what I think you do?! :scared: Maybe you should reword that last part. ;)

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I love the headgear so it isn't too much of a problem for me. With that said, I certainly understand people wanting the option. This really seems to be the major flaw with perks now that we know we can re-roll abilities. Oh well though. What can you do.

Roksys

Senior Squid
NNID
Skolroksys
It would seem strange to me if there weren't some way of getting the gear you want to wear with the perks you want, especially in a game where they've put so much emphasis on the gear. Didn't they mention something about assigning perks to gear? Like you could swap out some effects or something?

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
The Headgear is soooo cool why would anyone play without it ~q~

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
I think we found our invisible hat. In this video (at ~1:11) you can see there's a headgear called Fake Contacts, which appear to be contact lenses. But they don't seem to produce any visible change to your inkling's appearance, so you can probably just equip these to have the headgear perks but appear as if you aren't wearing any headgear! :scared:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom