• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What is a game you would want to play?

NNID
m0nkeyd0g
Simple!

Just comment the title of a game you would like to see released (this could be anything! Be as creative as you desire).

Then, to make things more interesting, say whether you like the previous poster's idea or not.

I'll start things off:

Wario City Nights

ProjectJ

Inkling
I don't know if this is quite the thing you're looking for. It's not creative or original. It is Custom Robo for the Gamecube re-released in HD with online support. It's legit the game I want the most. I loved Custom Robo more than any other game on the Gamecube (to this day, I still think it's the best multiplayer game on the platform, Melee can suck it.) So, yeah, just that. Or even a sequel, just as long as it played like the Gamecube one.

Wario City Nights is cool. I picture it using all the Wario Ware characters, maybe as a platformer or somethin'. I've always loved the nighttime city look.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
A Nintendo MOBA.

For those who don't know, MOBAs are games like Dota 2, Heroes of the Storm, League of Legends, etc.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
A Pokemon MMORPG.

A video game version of the Captain N: The Game Master cartoon. They'd have to update it, but the idea of having a player character team up with different Nintendo heroes to fight villains from the different franchises could work out really well.

A sequel to A Boy and His Blob and Bubble Bobble.

Clawford

Full Squid
NNID
Clawford
A Pokemon MMORPG.
Have you heard of POKEMMO? It uses FRLG to emulate so unfortunately you can only capture up to Hoenn dex.

Diddy Kong Racing sequel, or racing game with similar item system.

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
I don't know if this is quite the thing you're looking for. It's not creative or original. It is Custom Robo for the Gamecube re-released in HD with online support. It's legit the game I want the most. I loved Custom Robo more than any other game on the Gamecube (to this day, I still think it's the best multiplayer game on the platform, Melee can suck it.) So, yeah, just that. Or even a sequel, just as long as it played like the Gamecube one.

Wario City Nights is cool. I picture it using all the Wario Ware characters, maybe as a platformer or somethin'. I've always loved the nighttime city look.
A new Custom Robo game would make me very erect.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I don't know if this is quite the thing you're looking for. It's not creative or original. It is Custom Robo for the Gamecube re-released in HD with online support.
This.
Especially with online. I never had anyone to play it with, but I loved the game, so I'd love a chance to try that.
Or a new Custom Robo. That would be neat too.

A new Advance Wars game.
Unless it follows up on Days of Ruin. I didn't really like that one.
A post-Dual-Strike Advance Wars would be fine by me tho!

As for what I'd like to see...

Kirby RPG

ProjectJ

Inkling
This.
Especially with online. I never had anyone to play it with, but I loved the game, so I'd love a chance to try that.
Or a new Custom Robo. That would be neat too.
I was lucky. My best friend and I both had the game. Back in high school we could play for hours. Even now we'll still fire it up now and again and play a few rounds. 'Course, he's the only other guy I ever met who played, so we kind of just became experts on how to kill each other haha.

There was a sequel on the DS with online play, but the movement just never felt as fluid to me. It was fine for a portable Custom Robo, but what I want most is one that feels like the Gamecube one again. But online would be a must :P

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
Castlevania x Dynasty Warriors. Imagine slaying monsters with simons whip. Neverd heard of custom robo.

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
Mario Kart but more technical + a Nintendo game that's some kind of competition/death match around a huge map, like the Hunger Games.

YOJOEHOJO

Inkling
NNID
YOJOEHOJO
A Nintendo MOBA.

For those who don't know, MOBAs are games like Dota 2, Heroes of the Storm, League of Legends, etc.
I've found Splatoon to be in the category that is what I call "MOBA-likes" for the fact that it holds many of the same strategies and thinking within the metagame. Also, might I suggest Awesomenauts if you haven't tried it out already? A few DLC characters are unbalanced, but it's still a really fun game.

On the topic at hand:
Another unique 3D Mario game, ever since Super Mario Galaxy came out we haven't seen any new unique stuff for Mario to traverse in the 3D plane. Sure we got Super Mario Galaxy 2, but I'd hardly call it unique. (Don't even mention the latest Mario Games being marketed as 3D, those are just Nintendo putting a slight twist on the traditional platformer)

Oh that and a new Ape Escape game that doesn't use motion controls like an Arcade game would. I loved that series within every respect.

Last edited:

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I've found Splatoon to be in the category that is what I call "MOBA-likes" for the fact that it holds many of the same strategies and thinking within the metagame. Also, might I suggest Awesomenauts if you haven't tried it out already? A few DLC characters are unbalanced, but it's still a really fun game.
I have Awesomenauts on Steam. Unfortunately the game population is ridiculous small and I keep being matched with high level players. Fun game, tho.

As for Splatoon being a MOBA, I can definitely see similarities. But I want a Nintendo Moba with a Smash-like cast.

YOJOEHOJO

Inkling
NNID
YOJOEHOJO
I have Awesomenauts on Steam. Unfortunately the game population is ridiculous small and I keep being matched with high level players. Fun game, tho. ...
If I ever get a new Hard Drive for my Gaming Computer we should add each other on Steam. (My Gaming Computer has been acting on the fritz since a power outage)

... As for Splatoon being a MOBA, I can definitely see similarities. But I want a Nintendo Moba with a Smash-like cast.
That would be interesting to see, especially since Nintendo puts their own unique spin on things to make it more enjoyable for all.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If I ever get a new Hard Drive for my Gaming Computer we should add each other on Steam. (My Gaming Computer has been acting on the fritz since a power outage)
Sure thing. There is a link to my steam account on my squidboards profile.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Super Mario Sunshine 2: Octarian Inkvasion (I know this is a popular one... I can dream!!!)
Super Mario Galaxy 3

Some inactive Nintendo IPs that I want to come back:
F-Zero
Metroid
Earthbound
Wario Land

Also would like a follow-up to Pokemon XD, or just a console Pokemon with a story/region in general.
Console Kid Icarus
Console Fire Emblem

Sonic Adventure 3 (I will be in the throes of death in the year 2075 and still praying for this game)

A proper Devil May Cry 5

Zone of the Enders 3

Baten Kaitos 3

I've wanted an open world action/platformer Kirby game since I was like 4.

Um. Thats all I can think of for now.

D

Deleted Member

A new kirby air ride w/ multiplayer support
Sonic advance 4 w/ 3ds graphics
Or a new the kid Icarus game for the wii u would most likely have me on them for hours and hours.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hmm... a 3D Mario game, taking SM64's overall design and throwing in 3D World's playable characters, a SMG1-scale story, bosses that take more than 3 hits to beat, and underground areas in every level (sorta like how Pikmin 3 did it)... that'd be my jam.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I think most of us could agree that the kart/party racing genre just hasnt quite been the same since Mario took a monopoly on it.
Crash Team Racing, Diddy Kong Racing, Kirby Air Ride all had their own unique flavorz and I would love to see a little more variety within the genre.

Or... maybe not. because Sonic & Sega is incredibly mediocre. so maybe its the nostalgia talking

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom