• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What is the Meta's Most Underrated Weapon?

Njok

Bouncer
it can heavily affect enemy turf if unnoticed.
It's kind of hard not to notice when someone is painting your colour over...

It's also definitely not the best flanking weapon. I hardly ever come across one and I'm pretty sure there is a reason for that.

On topic: regular blaster. They are a very rare sight. I mean I can see why, I personally use the custom more often as well, but it still has a really nice kit with the disruptor and wail.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Both heavies which is saying something considering they are already kind of popular, but most people instead go for the jets/chargers if they want ranged weps.

Holidaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
dyngledong
Gotta say nozzlenoses or brushes. They're terrifying when someone uses them correctly.

Zolda

Full Squid
Both heavies which is saying something considering they are already kind of popular, but most people instead go for the jets/chargers if they want ranged weps.
Agreed. The Heavy Splatling isn't something I see too often in ranked, but I recently started using it myself and love it, especially in Splat Zones. On maps like Museum and Bluefin, the Heavy Splatling has great spots to stand from and just rain ink down on to the zone. With the vanilla version, you also have the Splash Wall to protect you from opponent chargers and the inkstrike to quickly take the zone, and the Heavy Splatling charges it up quick so you can fire them off frequently. It's a very powerful supporting weapon that deserves more credit than it gets.

Drip Bam Boozle

Inkster Jr.
NNID
sludgetoon
The L-3 Nozzlenose D is easily one of the best guns in game. Yet, I rarely see it and that's what I call underrated.

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
The brushes, any Nozzlenose that isn't the L-3 D and both Bamboozlers. All of these weapons can be really good when put in the hands of the right player however most people would rather write them off due to high learning curve (Nozzlenose), short range (brushes) or just not having good enough range (Bamboozler).

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
I will stick to my guns here and say the Hydra splatling is under rated.
It has a decent sized learning curve, and you won't find many defensive players in such an offensively oriented game. Regardless, in the right hands the Hydra can be a monster. I won't go as far as saying it's "one of the best weapons in the game", but it's very under rated and I feel it deserves more recognition.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
Inkbrush Nouveau, Rapid Blaster, and both H-3 Nozzlenoses. I have been seeing the normal Rapid Blaster climbing back up a bit of a ways though and the Deco (my secondary) I see enough to say that it's not SUPER underrated (but to everyone who doesn't use the RBD why aren't you using the RBD I mean come on it inks in nice neat lines and it has Suction Bomb Rush GAH okay I'm done there). I see normal Inkbrushes sometimes but Nouveaus are rare, and that's because they have a very high learning curve and are all about very difficult sneaking tactics that most people don't want to bother with (scrubs). Same with both H-3 Nozzlenoses, although I find the normal one around more often because it has a very powerful kit to support the main weapon, whereas the H-3 Nozzlenose D is one of the hardest weapons in the game because you cannot afford to miss one shot (very tactical and precise playstyle).

But, as I say in that signature down there, all weapons are viable. None should be underrated if the right hands for each one exist!

AriasFantasy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ariasfantasy
I don't see the NozzleNoses as often as most others. Sure, it may be a little difficult to play, but we saw in the Inkstorm battle the other day just how strong they can be when used correctly. Also, the regular Blasters are pretty good.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I'd say the Classic Squiffer. Fast charge time with a decent range, solid mobility one shot splats, and a great set for team support.

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
I don't see the NozzleNoses as often as most others. Sure, it may be a little difficult to play, but we saw in the Inkstorm battle the other day just how strong they can be when used correctly. Also, the regular Blasters are pretty good.
Do you have a link to that nozzle nose gameplay? I'm not skeptical, just curious. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom