• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

What is with the new system and game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ree
Nintendo said that they don't care about splatoon anymore, or atleast implied it, I cant believe this, and I... heeh heeh, got so mad that I put a dent in my wii u system so my mom could buy me a new system... it didn't work,.:( but I actually wanted to see more splatfests, and if everyone here buys the new game, no one else will play THIS game anymore of. so sad! :(:(:(

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Uh, you crushed the entire console because Nintendo stopped adding new content to Splatoon?
I can maybe understand if you got super sodium-enriched and decided to crack the cd in a fit of short-sighted anger, but trash the entire console because of one game? Surely there's more to this story, right?

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Let's not misinform ourselves: she said that she dented it, not rendered it fully inoperative... I mean, it's a Nintendo console, so that should be an important distinction, right? (I'm invoking the stereotype of Nintendo hardware being really sturdy, but I am being serious.)

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
When exactly did Nintendo say they didn't care about Splatoon anymore? :confused: Secondly.... What new game are you talking about exactly???? It can't be another Splatoon because nothing has been mentioned at a second game in the series. I'm actually a little confused why you think these things in the first place...? o_O Nintendo ended Splatfests - most likely - because it was not an interest or viable event any longer. It was a lot of upkeep for a very tiny event. Splatfests aren't even half of what Splatoon was though. It doesn't really mean anything. It's just that the doomsday mentality in this community took the news and blew it out of proportions. Nintendo has shown multiple times since the Splatfests ended that they still care for Splatoon.

I would honestly strongly suggest that you check into those anger issues. It seems a little excessive to dent your console over something very trivial. I mean, you must have hit it fairly hard to dent it. It's not good to become so blindly angry over misinformation like this. Even if it wasn't misinformation, it wouldn't be a good thing to get this angry.

People are still playing this game. People will continue playing this game. The community is thriving. Nintendo still cares. Splatoon is a cash cow. Nintendo will care until this game stops making them so much money. You should really stop abusing your consoles and be happy that you even have one to begin with frankly.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
It doesn't make things any better if she just dented it to try to get a replacement. In fact, that would make it even weirder.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I'm more confused, considering the fact that if the OP is a kid they probably shouldn't break their things just to get new things- I doubt their family is rich and it was probably pretty obvious they attempted to break it just to get a new one, which is why they were denied from such privileged. How do you even get the strength to dent a Wii U with your fists anyways? That'd hurt.

What a waste of a perfectly fine Wii U over a game, if you ask me.
Also the new game wasn't confirmed, so I don't see why they're freaking out over that.

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
I guess I can sort of relate when I was 6 or 7 and smashed my controller when I lost a game of Smash Bros.....anyway don't do that. If I was your parent and learnt that you did that, you wouldn't be getting a new console either.

Also I'd really like to know where you got proof of Nintendo saying or thinking they don't care about Splatoon anymore. I'm always thinking that more of Sheldon's Picks are on the way....

Last edited:

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
If my child attempted something as immature as that, I wouldn't even let them play the WiiU. There might not be any more big updates, but most glitches that get found in this usually get patched very quickly, and there was sort of an update right after the last Splatfest that gave more money as a win bonus in TW and allowed people to get sea snails without 'fests, which happened less than a month ago. So they definitely do care about the game. And Nintendo's not going to disable online for Splatoon for many years, games such as Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros Brawl were released in 2008 and had online functionality until 2014. The new game won't be released for a very long time, Nintendo hasn't mentioned anything about a new game, and hardly anything about their new system, and Splatoon tournaments still exist, so it's not like nobody plays it anymore. With the information we have right now, it's impossible to even be sure that there even will be a new game, although it's very likely, since this one was very popular.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Also the glaring point that is boggling my mind is what would you do with another Wii U??? Unless you mean you dented your Wii U so that your mom would buy you an NX which won't even come out until March (with a much smaller library of games and no Splatoon as far as we know???)

One more thing, to other posters in this thread. I believe that OP is not a child but an adult in college. It's none of my business, but this behavior is inexcusable for anyone over the age of, let's say, 7? 8? What are you thinking??????

SpiralRhapsody

Full Squid
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
(unnecessary jab)

EDIT: looking at this a second time, this was not meant to be an attack on the individual but it evidently was. My apologies.

Last edited:

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
:( why do people not understand me? i mean, can you still use/play with people on the switch, if you still have a wii u?
Because there will be so much added content, I dont think the Wii U servers will be compatible with the Switch's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom