• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 What is your current rank and average ranked power level?

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
I'm curious to know where everyone is at right now and how they endure their opponents? I'm S+ and I normally get paired in 2000-2100+ lobbies.

Mr Hemulen

Inkster Jr.
One account I can be facing 1900s in B rank (have for random weapon learning, to play ranked modes while avoiding ruining main rank) and on another 1900-2050s in S+. Or another example in the same rank on two accounts, say A+, one account 1600s. Other account 1900s. Same weapons, same rotation, just flick between accounts. Btw recently the higher number was on my lower ranked account, but it flips randomly. Could log in tonight and it be reversed. Or both high, both low.

Talked to a couple people and they see similar.

This could account for a lot of frustration and win/loss streaks, esp when people don't realise the insane swing in the matchmaking between people at even the same rank.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
1900 around there generally. My Splatfest power was really bad...it was like 1870 or something when I finished....lol. I don't like to think I am very good at this game lol.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Currently in S+ lobbies that range from 2000 - 2200.

But even then, I don't think that means much. It's just an average of who's in the lobby. So it could mean I'm a 2400 god with 1800 players on my team, or it might mean that I'm actually in that range. Or I could the 1700 scrub in an S+ lobby D:

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I've been playing mostly Clam Blitz in B+ lately (I'm happy at S in Rainmaker right now, and I haven't seen a Tower Control rotation in months). Power ratings swing widely, from the high 1500's to the low 2000's.

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
I bounce wildly from 1760ish to 1400s. I never seem to have an "average" play session. I either win 15 in a row, or lose for 2 and a half hours straight.

These numbers never seem to have any bearing on who I'm matched with, as no one ever levels out of or falls below the lobby.

Squidilicious

Inkster Jr.
I also have two accounts which are all at S or S+ in all modes except a random A in TC on one account (and I actually thought TC was my best mode haha). Power levels in the S and S+ ranked modes are 1750-1950. In the A mode I think it's like 1600-1800 but I haven't played got a little while because I'm salty that I deranked 2x despite being S+ in TC on my other account. I guess it's just evidence of the randomness of ranked.

The single biggest swing between games I remember is that my last A+ ranked TC game before I got to S was a 1560 game (which was unusually low compared to most of my games). Then I ranked up to S and my next game was 1850.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom