• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What is your least favorite map and mode combination?

TheChillyGuy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ToadAli
We all like to play on splatoon's maps that it has to offer, but there are some that are either really bad, or you just don't like. What maps just make you not want to play turf war/ranked?

My opinion:
TW: Moray, Camp, Resort
SZ: Hammerhead, Camp, Bluefin
TC: Ancho V, Kelp dome, Pit
RM: Flounder, Arrowana, Moray

splooshlover

Inkster Jr.
I play with the Sploosh so any map favorable to snipers is bad for me. Moray and Arowana are my least favorite. Tough to flank with any stealth.​

Pip

Nohrian Scum
NNID
PipstersLegacy
Arowana Mall and Splat Zones together. I believe the gamemode itself is poorly designed with one single territory on this map. They should have split it up into two territories to make it easier to come back.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
I hate Port Mackerel, and Splat zones, its the WORST!!!!

SurrealSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
Arowana Mall and Kelp Dome rainmaker. 90% of the time, the enemy team just grabs the RM and does a crazy dash to our base, making it near impossible to catch up to them. Then, they usually get a push of 20 or lower, and that makes them win in the end because rushing the rainmaker NEVER works for my team and we rarely beat such a push. I had games on kelp dome where everyone went 0-0 because an enemy just grabbed the rainmaker and ran over the grates, passing our defenses and dunking the rainmaker less than a minute into the game, which is ridiculous. There´s always going to be at least one game where this happens whenever these map/mode combinations are in the rotation, no matter how determined I am to not make it happen.
Ok, rant over. Please move on.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Kelp Dome... Kelp Dome. Nothing there works for me, except, occasionally, SZ, and that's only if we can lead to start with (I'm much worse at attacking the Zone than defending it). In addition, Bluefin is really rough, also regardless of mode, although I'm beginning to get the hang of it.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Arowana Mall and Kelp Dome rainmaker. 90% of the time, the enemy team just grabs the RM and does a crazy dash to our base, making it near impossible to catch up to them. Then, they usually get a push of 20 or lower, and that makes them win in the end because rushing the rainmaker NEVER works for my team and we rarely beat such a push. I had games on kelp dome where everyone went 0-0 because an enemy just grabbed the rainmaker and ran over the grates, passing our defenses and dunking the rainmaker less than a minute into the game, which is ridiculous. There´s always going to be at least one game where this happens whenever these map/mode combinations are in the rotation, no matter how determined I am to not make it happen.
Ok, rant over. Please move on.
Well if you know that's why your team loses, just bide your time underneath the grating until they get near, then shoot at them from below until they get splatted. As for Arowana, you just need to make sure you stay out of harm's way until they try to push. Just try to keep an eye on usual tactics and adapt to them. I very rarely have matches with low scores on Arowana for the opposing team since we usually keep up a good defence. When it comes to Rainmaker, just cover the areas your team isn't in, you never know which way they'll try to push.

LazeeDazee

Inkling
NNID
LazeeDazi
We all like to play on splatoon's maps that it has to offer, but there are some that are either really bad, or you just don't like. What maps just make you not want to play turf war/ranked?

My opinion:
TW: Moray, Camp, Resort
SZ: Hammerhead, Camp, Bluefin
TC: Ancho V, Kelp dome, Pit
RM: Flounder, Arrowana, Moray
My least favorite map for any gameplay in Splatoon is Mahi Mahi as I usually end up in the water trying to jump

Maave

Inkling Commander
Turf War: Camp Triggerfish.
Since the flood gates are inaccessible at the beginning there's only 1 way to traverse the map. It's hideously boring and results in spawn camping half the time. The ranked modes with accessible flood gates are SO much better.

Tower Control: Flounder Heights
Stopping the enemy once they've progressed a little feels impossible.

No big beef with any other maps/modes.

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
There is absolutely no coombination that can make me stop playing. You can even resurrect Skatepark RM, I'll still play it! Though I'll probably put a lot of respawn.

That being said, I don't like Moray and Flounder that much. Not the maps themselves, just their look. I find them "not cute", while I love the look of Triggerfish.

@SurrealSquid, I totally agree with Cyan. If you can analyze a pattern in your losses ("90 % of the time I lose because of that"), then just adapt yourself so that you can prevent it. When RM on Triggerfish came out, I lost 2-3 games in a row because nobody went on the right at the start, then dedicated myself to defend it and the winning streak began. The difficult part is usually knowing why you lose. If you know why, then find the solution.

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231
I hate hammerhead bridge in general, but Hammerhead SZ is the worst. For one, it takes forever to get to the zone, and two, you're basically easy kills for chargers if you're inking the zone from the ground.

Naikat

Inkling
NNID
AgentLoy
Here are some of mine:
TW: Blackbelly Skatepark (cramped in the middle)
SZ: Museum D' Alfonsino (gets laggy in the middle)
TC: Camp Triggerfish (when the tower's over the water, you almost have nowhere to go)
RM: Hammerhead Bridge (you're gonna have to walk on the grates which will leave you really vulnerable)

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
TW: Hammer head or Saltspray rig
SZ: PIRANHA OR MORAY... Too weird!
TC: CAMP TRIGGERFISH!!!!
RM: Hammerhead and freaking Camp again... hate them both equally
I also want to thank the LAWD for
TW: Museum, piranha, and triggerfish
SZ: Bluefin
TC: Walleye
RM: Kelp Dome
<3

emmasquid

Inkling
NNID
elite.inker
TW: Blackbelly Skatepark, too many ramps
SZ: Urchin Underpass, way too many directions for the enemy to come from
TC: Mahi Mahi Resort, bubblers are rendered useless as they are thrown into the water
RM: Port Mackerel, too many narrow paths for flanking and easy rainmaker kills

Peywey

Inkling
NNID
Peywey1
TC: Mahi Mahi Resort
Hark!

also

Rainmaker in Walleye isn't bad, but it's kinda awkward. haven't gotten the chance to play all modes in all maps though. I think I've missed out about 3 maps on each mode?

Hoenn007

Full Squid
NNID
JTMSPEED89
Splat Zones: Morray "Mirror Force" Towers and Camp Triggerfish - Chargers, Splatlings, Blasters, and Rollers galore
Tower Control: Same as Above
Rainmaker: This Mode I hardly play

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom