• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What Makes You Angry?

Masked_Katz

Gnarly Eddy's Boyfriend
Switch Friend Code
SW-3907-3792-4200
a nitpick I have with a lot of Splatoon artwork is where weapons are drawn to be really small, probably so they can be held in one hand. I feel like most people don't realize how cartoonishly big the weapons actually are though, they usually require both hands and can be as tall as the players themselves.
obs64_sXlX54QToR.png

error418

Inkling
Pronouns
He/Him
Two things: bad netcode, and bad teammates.
I should not die to someone I just killed
I should not be doing all of the work to then just lose anyway... It's part of my love-hate relationship with team games, I love having support but I hate having to rely on it...

Hikarimoon

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
People posting stuff in splatoon 3 like
“Off the hook are dating!” Or “ya’ll are homophobic” just bc shivers team won for the money/fame/love splatfest. And the posts saying “AUTISM AUTISM! COME GET UR AUTISM!”
I’m autistic myself and I think this is very offensive.😡

Last edited:

Hikarimoon

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
People posting stuff in splatoon 3 like
“Off the hook are dating!” Or “ya’ll are homophobic” just bc shivers team won for the money/fame/love splatfest. And the posts saying “AUTISM AUTISM! AUTISM GIRLS!”
I’m autistic myself and I think this is offensive
btw sorry for being salty please don’t get mad at me 🥺

sevenleaf

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
alright i don’t like being too negative publicly but i found myself today with some steam to blow off so i’ll rant for a bit here

the way some people who don’t play or want to play splatoon, or any game, competitively talk about competitive gaming ticks me off sometimes. like there’s of course the “lol you’re taking some video game too seriously” non-gamer crowd (with the added “kids’ video game” point for splatoon, but i’m also thinking about stuff like that news anchor who belittled the kid who broke nes tetris a little while back) but while i do think just Not Speaking on something you don’t see the appeal of is easy and free, i’m not even really talking about them. it’s moreso the way some casual players (not all! a lot of yall are chill, i’m complaining about what i hope is a vocal minority!) talk about comp that frustrates me.

it’s not even like, casual players blaming the Evil Sweaty Tryhard Comp Player Brigade for their losses in turf/open/splatfests that bothers me the most. like i think people should reflect a bit before going online and being angry publicly about losing games but eh, losing sucks, i get it. it’s more the ways some people paint the whole competitive community with a wide brush - we’re toxic and we love to bully children in turf, we don’t care about the lore, we whine about the ‘meta’ and how good the new kits are instead of celebrating new content, we clearly hate the game so why are we even playing it? that kind of stuff.

(side note: i’m a wannabe comp player who’s obsessed with lore. we exist. 😌)

i feel like sometimes people think they’re punching up when they stereotype and deride comp players in this way. it’s pretty common knowledge that the wider splatoon community has a huge amount of queer and neurodivergent fans who feel at home here (“but i’m cis, straight, and neurotypical and i’m a fan—” cool!), but i feel like some casual fans don’t realize that that… also applies to the competitive splat community. and the stereotypical image of competitive gaming as a toxic space dominated by Gamer Bros who call each other slurs on the mic and intimidate minorities out of the scene persists. even though from what ive largely seen of the comp community so far, that’s not who we are. the idea that we’re a homogeneous, toxic community just isn’t universally true. we have toxic behaviors and individual players prone to them, of course we do, and some might point to the frequency of intra-community discourse over stuff like bagging and trash-talking as “proof” of us being toxic - but why would we even be talking about that if that kind of stuff was all that we were?!

and even if toxic behavior like that was like, a little more prevalent - and this goes for all games with a comp scene, tbh, even if those scenes demonstrably are more toxic on average - do you, as an outsider, think you’re helping the people hurt by that behavior by lumping them in with the people who hurt them and proceeding to poke fun at the whole group? where is someone welcome if the competitive community looks down on them for who they are - or even for something like not being as good at the game or not having a ‘thick skin’ - and then when they turn to the casual community for support, they just see folks looking down upon ‘sweaty tryhards’ like them?

a specific incident in recent memory, of course, was the whole discourse around IPL briefly unbanning screen. i’m not gonna rehash that whole thing; we’ve all seen it. but i remember seeing people from outside of the competitive community going “lol comp players when asked to accommodate people’s disabilities” and it’s like. who exactly do you think was bringing up concerns with the rule change? casual players who wouldn’t be playing in tournaments regardless???

i’unno, man. i’ve had A Lot of Thoughts about this topic for a while and i think i needed to hash them out. props to you if you read through this whole rant, lol

Cephalobro

One recent thing that started to make me angry, and I mean really angry, is the impatience that Splatoon players started to have in regard to new content. This is no doubt the introduction of season passes in Splatoon 3.

And I'm not just talking about the Splatoon 3 part, I'm also seeing comments already going "Splatoon 4 when?" when Splatoon 3 itself hasn't even finished with its updates.

Like just be patient already! The content will come when it comes. It's actually a lot healthier for a multiplayer game to be stagnant for a good long while in terms of content that you can get anytime after rather than the season-pass crap that for some stupid reason, is being embraced rather than shunned because of how you can't get certain content if you happen to miss the season-pass.

Hikarimoon

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
One recent thing that started to make me angry, and I mean really angry, is the impatience that Splatoon players started to have in regard to new content. This is no doubt the introduction of season passes in Splatoon 3.

And I'm not just talking about the Splatoon 3 part, I'm also seeing comments already going "Splatoon 4 when?" when Splatoon 3 itself hasn't even finished with its updates.

Like just be patient already! The content will come when it comes. It's actually a lot healthier for a multiplayer game to be stagnant for a good long while in terms of content that you can get anytime after rather than the season-pass crap that for some stupid reason, is being embraced rather than shunned because of how you can't get certain content if you happen to miss the season-pass.
Yessss! I completely agree with you.
Before side order came out, all my online friends were like, “3 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!” And by the chance it came out, I had to wait for an 3 hour update while all the other people were playing it. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 but now I’m ok

Hikarimoon

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
“oH iS tHIS rIGROUS sPLAT zONES? gUESS i gOTTA gIVE u a bUNCH oF dRIZZLING
cAPROCCISOS aND tOWERING nOBLIMENTES”
-Jelletons, I guess

Last edited:

Lisku

Inkling Commander
I hate it once tri sloshers can seamlessly sneak up on you and kill you less than half a second

a hot mess

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
They/Them
NNID
london
Switch Friend Code
SW-0705-2349-2993
splatlings. just using or getting splatted by these things make me angry.

Babab

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-7735-7052-6321
Wahoo world clam blitz

edit: and also clash blaster

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom