• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What sensitivity do you play on?

SneakyShark

Inkling
NNID
abain.x
Hey kid squids!

I was fiddling with my sensitivity in Splatoon when I wondered what sensitivity do you guys play on? Do you stick to one sensitivity all the time or do you change your sensitivity based on what weapon your using such a splatter scope or e liter? Answer in the thread!

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I used to change mine about once a week, before I finally settled on 1+ for shooters, rollers, and buckets.

In my quest to learn how2charger, I've become comfortable using 2-. I might use it for splatlings as well.

Kiantheboss

Inkling
NNID
kiantheboss1
I'm an S+ and I seriously use -5 for everything. Dunno why, just helps me aim.

Drip Bam Boozle

Inkster Jr.
NNID
sludgetoon
I used to change mine about once a week, before I finally settled on 1+ for shooters, rollers, and buckets.

In my quest to learn how2charger, I've become comfortable using 2-. I might use it for splatlings as well.
^^^^ I'm with you. A universal 0 or +1 are where I landed with sensitivity after a lot of testing.

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
I use +5 with motion controls off. It helps me do 180 degree kills with the Krak-On Roller.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
0 IIRC. When I started, I thought it was a bit sluggish, so I turned it up to 5. After several matches of every little twitch causing my character's head to twist off its body, I toned it down. Playing on +5 is like having fits and starts the whole match.

Haven't tried -5 yet, but I might. I hear it helps out a lot with Chargers.

SneakyShark

Inkling
NNID
abain.x
For some reason I feel like when motion controls are turned off aiming becomes really sluggish and weird. Why is it like that in splatoon when in other shooters aiming is completely fine and normal?

97Stephen

Pro Squid
It depends on how accurate the weapon is. For chargers or other weapons with pinpoint aim I'll put it at -3, for less precise weapons like the splattershot I'll do about +3-4.

97Stephen

Pro Squid
For some reason I feel like when motion controls are turned off aiming becomes really sluggish and weird. Why is it like that in splatoon when in other shooters aiming is completely fine and normal?
I'm not any sort of expert, but don't pretty much all other shooters have some sort of aim assist? That could be why.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Sensitivity at 0.

Although if it is true that the lower sensitivity helps with chargers, I might try -3.

97Stephen

Pro Squid
I thought it was the higher sensitivities that help
The higher the sensitivity, the more your "cursor" moves in relation to how much the gamepad moves. A lot of chargers use the lower sensitivities because the movement is slower and smoother, making it easier to snipe. It is definitly possible to snipe at a higher sensitivity, but most people find that a lower sensitivity helps them.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Last edited:

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
I found this from DUDE regarding what sensitivity he uses for chargers:

Found on this post: http://squidboards.com/threads/whats-your-camera-sensitivity.3048/#post-59126

EDIT: Not saying that what DUDE says is gospel, but he is a pretty ridiculous charger player...
Okay.
The higher the sensitivity, the more your "cursor" moves in relation to how much the gamepad moves. A lot of chargers use the lower sensitivities because the movement is slower and smoother, making it easier to snipe. It is definitly possible to snipe at a higher sensitivity, but most people find that a lower sensitivity helps them.
Thanks

maui9

Inkling
i play on six and just leave it on. its the same sensitivity that i used for halo

DekuKitty

Pro Squid
NNID
SkyeHunter
I play on +5. I'm an artist as well as a gamer, so I want to avoid issues with my hand if possible and jerking my game pad around probably wouldn't be very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom