• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Resource icon

what to do when you get superjump camped

theTANCO

Inkling
NNID
theTANCO
I'm pretty sure there is a fraction of a second of time before you land to shoot your weapon so if you aim correctly you might be able to take out the camper before they get you, but I suppose that kinda depends on the weapon, and if you can see the camper and aim at them in time.

potter5656

Inkling
NNID
potter56
I'm pretty sure there is a fraction of a second of time before you land to shoot your weapon so if you aim correctly you might be able to take out the camper before they get you, but I suppose that kinda depends on the weapon, and if you can see the camper and aim at them in time.
Yes that is true but you would need god like aim and reaction time in combination with the enemy having a slow killing wepon and you would need something as strong as a gal deco

Relados

Senior Squid
Depending on your set, there's a lot of different response to jump camping.

If you're a roller, it's easy to reposition your camera angle and flick before you hit the ground, hitting and usually splatting anyone standing too close to the jump point. You can pull off a similar trick with the Inkbrush.

If you have Seekers, you can throw one down as soon as you hit the ground - you'll probably get splatted, but at least you can get a likely trade. You can try the same with Splat Bombs, but unfortunately you can't pull your sub out quickly during the jump, so its effectiveness is limited.

You can always try aiming and shooting where your opponent is as soon as you land, but you're going to get a trade at best that way, unless you're using a high-power weapon that can splat quickly, like a blaster.

The main problem with trying to survive misplaced super jumps is that it's entirely based on if your opponent isn't careful. There are ways to get surefire safe splats on a super jumper, like placing a Suction Bomb on the jump location, or standing back a ways, staying hidden, and jumping out the fire right when the arrow's fill reaches the bottom. The only all-encompassing way to beat super jump camping is to run Stealth Jump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom