• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What weapons are you using and why?

IceIceSquiddy

Inkling
Exactly what the title says. What is/are your current main weapon set(s) and why do you use them?

I'm currently rotating between the Splat Dualies and the Splattershot Pro depending on what mode I'm playing and what the maps are.

In Turf War, I'm Splat Dualies all day everyday, because I've loved them ever since they were first revealed. They mesh perfectly with an up-tempo, highly aggressive playstyle which is what I try to focus on in Turf War. Also it's super fun to dodge roll out of someone's line of fire and splat them!

When playing Splat Zones, I usually roll with the Splattershot Pro due to it's better range and precision. The point sensors are useful for calling out enemy locations to teammates to help us maintain control of the zone, and the Inkstorm is an absolute beast in Splat Zones....unless I'm playing on The Reef, where it is completely useless due to the Splat Zone being directly under a bridge that blocks the rain. So when I see The Reef in Splat Zones rotation, I'll switch back over to the Dualies, as they're much more suited to the close-range encounters I get into trying to take the zone in that stage.

I haven't yet played enough of Tower Control or Rainmaker to figure out a preferred weapon for them, so I usually just stick to the Dualies and try to play offensively. But I can definitely see myself getting a lot of mileage out of the Splat Brella in Rainmaker when it drops.

Francisco

Inkster Jr.
I mainly use Chargers on all modes because of their very long range and the area control they offer. Chargers also counter popular weapons, such as the Tentatek Splattershot and Aerospray MG in Ranked mode.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Interestingly, my choices of weapons haven't actually changed much from 1 to 2, even regardless of the new kits. I've been using the Slosher in Turf War, but I might phase out of it until a deco variant comes out for it. The suction bombs aren't really fitting my needs.
On the other hand, I'm still running Tentatek for Tower Control, which actually surprised even me due to its wildly different set from the first game. As for Rainmaker, for the time being I'm going with the plain ol' Splat Roller. It's nowhere near as beautiful as the Carbon Deco was in the first game, but it works for what I'm doing with it, for the time being.

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」
I've experimented a lot with the Flingza Roller since I unlocked it and I'm pretty happy with it. It's an amazing support weapon and pretty versatile in how you can choose to use it. I've been using it as a heavy zone weapon to support my team and land the occasional long ranged kill shot or weaken them for my teammates. I also run ninja squid so I have the option to stealth kill when I need to go aggressive. This gives me the option to pick and choose how I handle a lot of confrontations. The splash wall really helps this weapon shine since it can use it to approach a lot of weapons it would generally struggle to deal with like chargers or squelchers.

Originally when I first unlocked it I tried a thermal ink build to hit people around walls, which worked out pretty nicely, but I think ninja squid really rounds out the weapon and lets you adapt to your opponents better. I've had a lot of games where I zoned players out most of the match then swapped to stealth kill mode and it works really well with this weapon.

Jenizen

Inkling
NNID
shadowschwa413
Gosh I need to get my hands on the Flingza, it's seriously the main thing pushing me to level up quickly haha. (Incidentally, @D3RK I really liked your video using it and that's a big part of why I want the Flingza so badly!)

For now I've been switching around quite a lot really, especially because most of the weapons feel pretty different to me in 2 than in 1 (though maybe I need to change my sensitivity lol). Love the regular Splat Roller because the vertical flick is so awesome, love the new Tentatek because it's just so solid, love the new Slosher but can't put my finger on why haha. Can't quite get the hang of my previously-beloved Carbon and am kinda sad about it...

Harky

Inkling
I've been going with the Aerospray MG for turf wars/Rainmaker and Tower Control! It works great for crossing over each mode and the suction bombs are great for Tower Control. Only been playing a week so I'd probably need to try more weapons but I'm sticking to what I know for now xD

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
I will go in order here...

• Dualies

I main both Splat, and Enperry for several reasons. Enperry is great for tower control since I can manage paths with my curling bombs, or cause disarray between the teams. I can also use it in tight spaces where the bomb will bounce around, cornering the player.

The splat is used for scaling the level. If it is Moray Towers, or anything physically needing my assistance up in places that are difficult to reach. That weapon is my key. I also like to scatter with my tenta missiles.

• Sloshers

My oldie tri-slosher is one that carried me many wins over the course of play, and has been my top main. It's the demon that is not afraid to redeem any mercy beyond it's wake. Since Splatoon 2, the disrupter has been dropped, along with the bubbler for two new specials: Splat bomb, and ink armor.

Even if it is missing my two aiding components, the weapon itself is still a beast for me. I can now stun-lock my opponent with a mere splat, then toss in a slosh to do an extra salt in the wounds. I am planning on to do tons of ink resistance, ability ink savor, and with either sub power up or bomb range up. Even a bit of special duration up will help with the ink armor.

My main usage for this weapon is to stealth, and stealth hard. It is the anti brush weapon for many, and some roller's worse nightmare. I like doing high places, and slopes where I can down pour my amount on top of others. I am here to create chaos.

• Brushes

Inkbrush, and octobrush where my used from the first. They work similar in terms that I spam ninja squid, and swim speed up for fast haste across the board. But this weapon is like a glass cannon, and will punish anyone who decides to be a bit too optimistic with the swats.

I use this weapon in splat zones, rainmaker, and regular turf. Anything but tower control is a bit awful for me. (I am looking at you little pillar that sits on top of the point.) I also use this for scaling, and getting people to places where the enemy can't reach in time.

• Rollers

Before, I only used the Gold Dynamo of this class. Now the carbon has grown on me a little, especially the one in Splatoon 2. My tactic is to act as a barrier guard, only fairing from mid ground, to the other side to deliver the rest and return to make more ink for the ink storm.

I also gotten used to using my bombs to steer anyone out of hiding, or put them in a obstacle loop if they decide to go too close towards our spawn. I also like to use this to directly break out of spawn camping.

I do not have a lot of say on this besides what I know with my old Dynamo. It is a support weapon in my opinion rather than direct attacking at points.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Mostly daullies since i fell in love with them too. :p

Then rollers and brushes and sometimes, I never/rarely used those weapons in the first game so i decided to use them in the sequel.
I still not really good with them but hey, its fun to try new stuff!

Aeladya

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Aeladya
Switch Friend Code
SW-4028-2792-9217
Exactly what the title says. What is/are your current main weapon set(s) and why do you use them?

I'm currently rotating between the Splat Dualies and the Splattershot Pro depending on what mode I'm playing and what the maps are.

In Turf War, I'm Splat Dualies all day everyday, because I've loved them ever since they were first revealed. They mesh perfectly with an up-tempo, highly aggressive playstyle which is what I try to focus on in Turf War. Also it's super fun to dodge roll out of someone's line of fire and splat them!

When playing Splat Zones, I usually roll with the Splattershot Pro due to it's better range and precision. The point sensors are useful for calling out enemy locations to teammates to help us maintain control of the zone, and the Inkstorm is an absolute beast in Splat Zones....unless I'm playing on The Reef, where it is completely useless due to the Splat Zone being directly under a bridge that blocks the rain. So when I see The Reef in Splat Zones rotation, I'll switch back over to the Dualies, as they're much more suited to the close-range encounters I get into trying to take the zone in that stage.

I haven't yet played enough of Tower Control or Rainmaker to figure out a preferred weapon for them, so I usually just stick to the Dualies and try to play offensively. But I can definitely see myself getting a lot of mileage out of the Splat Brella in Rainmaker when it drops.

I'm trying just about everything, using the aerospray when I need wins to get money for gear I keep ordering though. Three days of ordering have needed 30k each time...

StanleyJ

Inkling
NNID
jonstanley
Back in Sp1atoon, I got to S70-ish with the AeroSpray RG... I'm liking the new kit on the AeroSpray MG in Spla2oon... it's like a shooter version of the S1 Carbon Deco... still stacking swim-speed up, since I like the mobility given how short ranged the gun is. Not levelled up enough for the AeroSpray RG which just looks abusive with sprinklers and (hamster-)baller. I find the MG really good for capping SZ and clearing the area whilst riding the tower in TC. As for RM, the shield pops quickly and I usually like running with it, so the swim speed helps there. Plus it turfs so quick, it's good for map control in any mode and/or assist with flanks.

Cerebralbore101

Inkster Jr.
For tower control I use the first Blaster that you can unlock. Killing people on top of the tower is a breeze with it.

For splatzones I use the Dualies that come with small splatbombs, and Tentatek missiles.

For basic battles I use the Dualies with Ink Armor.

I would love to be able to use a Splatling Gun but the Sting-Ray special on the first Splatling Gun is horrible. The second I hit level 27 I'll be loving the new Splatling Gun to death.

StarSol

Inkster Jr.
NNID
StarSol
I enjoy the minigun. It has long range and sprays nicely. I can stay deeply safe in my own color while providing overwatch for the team and provide a good super jump location. It's just all too efficient to pass up. I love it.

sunaku

Hello again!
Community Ambassador
NNID
yuuisim
Switch Friend Code
SW-3702-6418-1999
For turf wars i've really been liking the Aerospray with it's curling bomb special, makes rollout almost a breeze. Dualies are a close second though because of that dodge!

GreatGateway

Full Squid
The Inkbrush because I have to play the game lying down due to my health, which screws up the Gyro sensor. My aim is atrocious and always will be, so it"s the only weapon that Dual Stick mode works well with.

Plus it deals with those bloody Chargers. Curse all of you to the most purple ink.

Savage

Inkster Jr.
NNID
coolSean
Switch Friend Code
SW-2155-3339-9509
I'll be the only Splash o Matic main again. XD But seriously, I still LOVE it. I was a bit iffy with the toxic mist because I couldn't use it well with the blaster, but it feels SO GOOD with the splash for some reason. I was looking forward to it so much that I felt like no other weapon really clicked with me. Can't wait to see if I'll go back to the neo set or stick with vanilla.

Hamachiカマ★

Full Squid
My main weapon is the n-zap for ranked. Easy to move and splat people as well as support people with the ink armor. Can't tell you how many times it has saved me/others lol.
I also use the splattershot for ranked, again fast simple and burst bombs are good.

Turf War-
Next is carbon roller, I love how quick it is. In general I love speedy weapons. Auto bombs are so fun and can be very helpful if used the right way.

I'm also learning how to use the Flingza, I really like it but obviously it's a bit slow so I personally have trouble with it. But it has great range and damage output.

Goo Tuber- again learning, I really only used scope chargers in the first game so that's hat I'm good at but I want to learn how to use non-scopes to utilize the hold charge. I can tell the goo tuber will be deadly once mastered (good range and hold charge is insanely long)

Saturn

LFT mid range, former xlt
NNID
Saturnity
Switch Friend Code
SW-7252-9309-8314
I've been using the rapid blaster a lot. It two-shots, but In utility it's an upgrade to the other blasters in almost every way.

Someone with shorter range wants to rush you down? Hang back with an ink mines in front of you. If one hits, you're going to one shot. If not, you're still going to have the upper hand since it's almost impossible to miss with those explosions. You want to make a push? The huge range and fire rate traps and kills hiders. Holding an area? You're pretty much built like a demoman; mines that work regardless of what you're doing, huge area denial with splat bomb rush, and blasts that are really forgiving if you're spacing right.

In solo queues I'm hovering between a 70-85% win rate with it and I haven't played Splatoon in a year and a half. The thing is ridiculously good at being passive-aggressive.

Last edited:

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
I'm using Octobrush for all 3 ranked modes and N-Zap for turf with friends who're still not level 10.

IceIceSquiddy

Inkling
I've started experimenting with the Firefin Splat Charger in Tower Control, and my teams seem to be winning, but I know I can definitely be doing better, as I've never been much of a sniper. That being said, I get plenty of satisfaction when I manage to use it well.

I tried out the L-3 Nozzlenose and dominated during Turf War with it, but sadly that success didn't translate into Splat Zones. But now that I understand how to properly use the Curling Bombs, I've picked up the Enberry Splat Dualies and can't wait to see how I do with them compared to the standard set. And then of course there's the Dualie Squelchers. I loved the Dual Squelcher in the original so I have to give these a try and see how they feel. Still need to try out the Octobrush as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom