• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What weapons would you give a ridiculous Buff/Nerf

CP-Ice

Inkling
NNID
powrain
Switch Friend Code
SW-6737-8728-2577
I've always wondered what Splatoon 2 would be like if the community balanced the game. I've compiled a list of what i would change about certain weapon classes

All Snipers: All charger weapons now have a toggleable scope.

Goo Tuber: Now holds charge 2x longer, will leak out more and more ink the longer you stay in charge while standing, Shoots 1/2 as far

E-liter 4k: The 4k now has 2x range but can no longer paint and only does damage, E-liter 4k charge can be held for 2x as long as base sniper.

Both Areosprays: Both of the Areosprays now shot 25% less ink and do 10% less damage.

All Splatlings: Now hold charge while in ink like chargers, now charges up 1.5x as fast, does 25% more damage, Gives 2x normal health while spinning/shooting but -75% speed. Charges 5x faster while in air. Besides Mini Splattling far all changes

Mini Splatling: Charges 1.5x faster, does 3x damage.

All Dualies: each roll has 5 sec cool down besides dapple dualies.

Dapple dualies: Now can 5x roll, -25% attack plus 10 seconds to fully recharage all 5 rolls

All Sloshers: Now covers 5x more area and does 5x more damage but uses all ammo.

Brella: Brella now only can shoot 4 times with full tank. Brella now does 3x damage, Brella gives 1.5x speed

Dynamo Roller: 2x speed, and 2x wider, can't fling ink

Flingza Roller: Can not roll only cna fling ink, Flings 3x more ink

Tenta Missile: Now auto locks onto all enemy players

Sting Ray: 2x wider

Bomb Launcher: Bomb do 50% less damage, and cover 50% less area in ink

Ink Armor: Charges 2x faster, Buffs damage by 50%

Auto Bomb: no longer covers area in ink only does damage.

Sprinkler: 2x range

Spash Wall: Stays up till destroyed, You can now place 3 at a time, 2x more health, 3x bigger

Suction Bomb: Now only can stick to walls

Toxic Mist: Now seen through walls. -50% more damage

Squid Beakon: Now has unlimited uses

Thoughts on my changes to the game? I know they're extreme, but that's the point. I know none of these changes will never happen but its fun to talk about. :)

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Bye bye any person that uses the slosher and you made the areospary even worse I think. Love what you did with the tenta missles but not sure the people on the receiving end would

Berry

Senior Squid
NNID
BlazzBerry
I see this thread already spiraling, but if anything I'd make cold blooded cause tenta missiles to keep going in the air if they fail to hit your position in 4 seconds with one main. And to prevent stacking abuse, it goes down by milliseconds depending how much you stack, never passing 3 seconds.

I'm still shocked cold blooded is still in this game.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
Well, by the looks of this, you just shattered the game, spit on it, and then proceeded to dance on the competitive meta. I like the concept of a community based balance system.

The main problem I have with your changes is that they're so extreme, and they either make the weapon Godlike, or completely unplayable by a competitive standpoint. For example, an E-Liter getting twice the amount of range would literally make long ranged weapons look like mere toys compared to that insane range. And for the dualies, I dislike dualies, but I don't want the other player to be cemented in the ground for the next 5 seconds whenever they want to use the signature ability of the weapon class. And that's just scratching the surface.

Then there are some changes that just don't make any sense at all, like suction bombs not being able to stick to the ground. What happens when a suction hits the ground? Does it just roll until it finds a wall to explode on?

Other than those changes, it would be cool to see a community oriented balance patch. Fan made Balance Changes to games like Project M worked out somewhat fine, but that's because they based their opinions off the game and didn't make changes so extreme. But, I'm pretty happy with what Nintendo has been trying to balance with splat 2, I admire them listening to why we didn't like the pre-patched tri slosher. Still, even I think some of their changes were a bit extreme (especially the recent changes to baller and inkjet I feel were pretty unnecessary.)

If you were to play splatoon with all these weapons undergoing these kinds of changes you've suggested, it would be cool to see a mode in splatoon where all the weapons are extremely overpowered, kinda like Hackmons from Pokemon Showdown.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Just give Dualies a burst bomb dodge roll cancel and I'll be happy.

CP-Ice

Inkling
NNID
powrain
Switch Friend Code
SW-6737-8728-2577
I completely understand why this wouldn't be balanced. I shouldn't of named the title "how would you balance the game" i just made this to see what others would think so yeah. If i were to be the dev team i would NEVER balance the game like this. I will agree with you all that this is not balanced, as stated above i just want to see what others think and what ridiculous changes they would make. Changed title to be more accurate.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
None, really. I don't think any dramatic changes to the game's balance are necessary at this point.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I think what needs the biggest rework is the ability system. Too many abilities are just not very useful, while others are fantastic. I'm genuinely not sure if the devs think they're all equally good or they just leave bad ones in there to be booby-prizes for the RNG.

Cephalobro

I mean, having huge changes like that would break the game even more than what is currently right now. If I did think of a change, a slight shot output nerf to the Clash Blaster, having it do it a little bit slower will definitely give short-ranged weapons chances to defeat it, but it's also just enough for it to keep its niche. But that is it, nothing huge or anything.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Instead of saying "This is a terrible idea" and stuff like that, how 'bout some constructive criticism? Let's take this one step at a time. WARNING: LONG POST

All Snipers: All charger weapons now have a toggleable scope.
If all chargers have toggleable scopes, that would leave pre - scoped chargers in the dirt; you couldn't be able to just delete weapons from the game, could you? How would chargers be toggled, similar to how the roller toggles flings? Automatically? Which button would be pressed? Would all chargers, bamboos and squiffers included, have this toggleable ability, or would it be introduced exclusively to a new weapon?

Goo Tuber: Now holds charge 2x longer, will leak out more and more ink the longer you stay in charge while standing, Shoots 1/2 as far
Holding a charge for roughly 8 seconds is unnecessarily useless. "Leak out more", please expand. I had a similar idea for a buff for chargers that does this exactly like the brella with it's sheild open, but with a full charge. 1/2 range is just insane and doesn't make sense logistically.

E-liter 4k: The 4k now has 2x range but can no longer paint and only does damage, E-liter 4k charge can be held for 2x as long as base sniper.
This is very odd. No one can name a single main weapon in the game that doesn't paint when fired. How would the eliter get to it's vantage point to snipe from? Would it pain without a full charge? What would be the point in non - charged shots? 2x range is to unbelievable and as @ThatOneGuy said, it would make all other long ranged weapons look like nothing.

Both Areosprays: Both of the Areosprays now shot 25% less ink and do 10% less damage.
What is the reason for this nerf? Any reasons for those specific statistics? Nerfing a weapon that already has absolutely no competitive viability is pointless. How about a buff?

All Splatlings: Now hold charge while in ink like chargers, now charges up 1.5x as fast, does 25% more damage, Gives 2x normal health while spinning/shooting but -75% speed. Charges 5x faster while in air. Besides Mini Splattling far all changes
Holding a charge for splatlings is a little strange and meaningless. The thing with splatlings is that it takes skill to master when to charge and when to run/swim. Charging 1.5 times as fast is outrageously quick. doing +25% damage gives the heavy 3 - shot capability, which no one wants. 2x normal health is breaking the game and far from whatever Nintendo is planning. With charges 5x faster mid air you could just jump from a high perch and fire immediately after.

Mini Splatling: Charges 1.5x faster, does 3x damage.
1.5x faster is understandable and realistic. 3x damage is too much.

All Dualies: each roll has 5 sec cool down besides dapple dualies.
Define "cooldown"

Dapple dualies: Now can 5x roll, -25% attack plus 10 seconds to fully recharage all 5 rolls
Five rolls is too much. 10 seconds is to long.

All Sloshers: Now covers 5x more area and does 5x more damage but uses all ammo.
Understandable as a completely new weapon, but unrealistic change.

Brella: Brella now only can shoot 4 times with full tank. Brella now does 3x damage, Brella gives 1.5x speed
Kills way too easily.

Dynamo Roller: 2x speed, and 2x wider, can't fling ink
Whaaaaat? How does it start rolling? This is against everything rollers live for!

Flingza Roller: Can not roll only cna fling ink, Flings 3x more ink
Enperry said:
This is against everything rollers live for!
Tenta Missile: Now auto locks onto all enemy players
Hmmmmm...

Sting Ray: 2x wider
This is too much. Maybe 10% at most.

Bomb Launcher: Bomb do 50% less damage, and cover 50% less area in ink
Soooo, Bomb Launcher launches under-powered bombs why?

Ink Armor: Charges 2x faster, Buffs damage by 50%
Better wording would be "Every weapon with Ink Armour's SP requirement has been decrease by x points" Buffing damage will never happen in Splat2n after Splat1.

Auto Bomb: no longer covers area in ink only does damage.
Thinking about this one...

Sprinkler: 2x range
After 3.0? Nuh- uh.

Spash Wall: Stays up till destroyed, You can now place 3 at a time, 2x more health, 3x bigger
Setting up multiple SW near the clam basket would be a game breaking strategy here.

Suction Bomb: Now only can stick to walls
Not sure how to respond...

Toxic Mist: Now seen through walls. -50% more damage
-50% damage is too much. Maybe -20%?

Squid Beakon: Now has unlimited uses
Too overwhelming for the opposing team to take those down.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Or you can check to see that this thread just got necro'd, the OP left the site long ago and something as gimmicky and ridiculous as this doesn't really need serious thought.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
what does "Necro" mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom