• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What will happen to Splatoon's Online System?

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
We will all know that Splatoon's Online System will be discontinued... is there a way to still get to play online matches? Or even A.I. only matches?

Sansero

Inkling
In an interview with 4Gamer and Famitsu this February Hisashi Nogami the producer of Splatoon 2 stated to the statement that fans are concerned about what's going to happen to the online service for the first game:
"They can rest easy about that, the service will continue. Forever… might be impossible, but it won’t go down after the Switch launches, so everyone will still be able to enjoy the game."

So I think until the Wii U online services will shutdown, the Splatoon service will be available. After the services have been shutdown as far as i know Nintendo they won't provide any alternate solutions to the Splatoon online play. The only thing you could still play is the local multiplayer and the singleplayer campaign.

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/splat...ons-mobile-app-usage-graphics-hd-rumble-more/

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
I see... I did heard that people created a mod for the Wii, where you can play online through dedicated servers.

Could this be a thing for the Wii U and Splatoon as well?

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
I see... I did heard that people created a mod for the Wii, where you can play online through dedicated servers.

Could this be a thing for the Wii U and Splatoon as well?
No reason why it couldn't- when the servers for the Wii U do eventually go offline. Although I feel like it may be a long time since for the Wii it was servers hosted by Gamespy (which was shut down in itself), while for the Wii U it isn't.

There was some similar discussion of this before, if you want to take a peek here.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Splatoon 1 should remain online for a good long while. Whether it gets overrun with hackers or not is a different matter.

Fluddinator

Pro Squid
Well, sooner or later someone will find a way to connect the Wii U on dedicated servers and let Splatoon still run nicely!

I guess that someone who wants to buy all the Gears and Weapons, while reaching lv. 50, might still be in time for that...

That said, I wouldn't mind the possibility to play Turf War matches against the A.I. as a chill out/training practice mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom