• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 What would be a good build for the Custom Hydra?

Weavile

Inkster Jr.
Have always considered picking up the weapon. Mostly thinking about using Run speed, Swim Speed and Ink Recovery for it.

outoftone

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1956-1157-3698
play what you think is good.
But i would recommend run speed,tenacity,special charge,special power up, special saver,bomb defense and ink resistance all work well with custom hydra.

outoftone

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1956-1157-3698
or even ink recovery or ink saver main

outoftone

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-1956-1157-3698
gear does not determine skill so do what you want...

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
As with any other splatling, run speed up is very highly encouraged. For the cydra's case, the only other abilities I see on it are sometimes tenacity, object shredder, maybe special charge and 1 main max of ink resistance. Oh and maybe some ink recovery too. But run speed up dominates most competitive players splatling builds. Gamer, for instance, will often use the equivalent of like 4 mains of run speed (counting 1 main as 1 main and 3 subs as 1 main), so 2 pures basically in all his splatling builds. I wouldn't recommend special power up for ink armor in general, and if you can, stay away from main saver just to get in the habit of managing your ink better.

Weavile

Inkster Jr.
Right Now Planning on Using 2 Run Speed Pures, 1 main of Ink resist and 3 subs of special charge.

In AP it would be

38 Run speed
10 Ink Resist
9 Special Charge

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Right Now Planning on Using 2 Run Speed Pures, 1 main of Ink resist and 3 subs of special charge.

In AP it would be

38 Run speed
10 Ink Resist
9 Special Charge
What do these numbers mean :0?

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
As with any other splatling, run speed up is very highly encouraged. For the cydra's case, the only other abilities I see on it are sometimes tenacity, object shredder, maybe special charge and 1 main max of ink resistance. Oh and maybe some ink recovery too. But run speed up dominates most competitive players splatling builds. Gamer, for instance, will often use the equivalent of like 4 mains of run speed (counting 1 main as 1 main and 3 subs as 1 main), so 2 pures basically in all his splatling builds. I wouldn't recommend special power up for ink armor in general, and if you can, stay away from main saver just to get in the habit of managing your ink better.
What exactly is the appeal in using Object Shredder on this weapon? I'm not arguing against it, in fact I've planned out my Splatling gear to switch out one less-useful main ability for OS if I'm playing Rainmaker, but I would like to know your reasoning. Is it to tap away sprinklers when people harass you with them, or to get rid of walls/bubbles when they're deployed?

What do these numbers mean :0?
AP is Ability Points. The short explanation is that a main is worth 10 and a sub is 3; the game then determines the ability's effect based on the number of AP you have equipped.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
AP is Ability Points. The short explanation is that a main is worth 10 and a sub is 3; the game then determines the ability's effect based on the number of AP you have equipped.
So a main is only a little better than 3 subs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom