• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

what would be cool to get, if nintendo made gear based on other nintendo IPs?

Cheekydorido

Inkling
And i don't just mean a mario or link outfit, i mean weapons too.

Like a master sword brush, an armcanon shooter or a bloblobber that shoots fireballs instead of bubbles and looks like a green pipe.
I mean, nintendo culture has been considered canon since the first splatoon, so, it makes sense.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
This'd be a fine idea for Splatoon 3 if it becomes a thing; I'd like to see them implement a skin-toggle on weapons, so that things like the Hero Weapons aren't considered separate from their regular counterparts and the ink coverage would be on the same entry. It'd also give them the opportunity to release skins through completing achievements in the single player mode or through Salmon Run (or whatever the S3 equivalent would be). Unfortunately this'd also open up the opportunity for them to introduce cosmetic microtransactions, which is something I REALLY don't want to see come to a series so dear to me.

Skill-based cosmetics. Rewarding weapon knowledge and technique. Let's go.

Cephalobro

Well, a bill is being passed in the U.S. that will ban microtransactions in kids video games if it goes through. I do hope it does, having to buy stuff to get the full experience on a game that you already bought just sucks.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
Well, a bill is being passed in the U.S. that will ban microtransactions in kids video games if it goes through. I do hope it does, having to buy stuff to get the full experience on a game that you already bought just sucks.
Keep in mind that a lot of the development for Nintendo’s games occurs in Japan, and correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the current president of NoA the previous head of EA? I remember reading something along those lines and it doesn’t bode well. Having a bill like that would probably just mean that Japan gets more exclusive gear, if it affects Splatoon at all.

Cephalobro

Keep in mind that a lot of the development for Nintendo’s games occurs in Japan, and correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the current president of NoA the previous head of EA? I remember reading something along those lines and it doesn’t bode well. Having a bill like that would probably just mean that Japan gets more exclusive gear, if it affects Splatoon at all.
It's more like the North American copies of Splatoon 2 must have whatever microtransaction items for free if this bill passes, plus, NoA doesn't affect the games much aside from which Splatfest teams to choose. NoA is just spokesperson for English speakers in North America basically saying the same thing as the Japanese dominant side says. Consequently, if this happens, then EA is most likely screwed if they don't change their ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom