• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What would probably be the worst weapon kit and gear combo?

Luka Puka

Inkster Jr.
NNID
three3musketeers
In my opinion, it's what I put as my signature:

A Sploosh-o-Matic main weapon (don't worry, I find it's an extremely effective close-quarters killer) with splash wall subs and the Bubbler special. The splash wall barely supports the main weapon's "range," if you can even call it range, and the Bubbler really only guarantees survival but not so much a kill, because the knockback from a longer-ranged weapon would push you back enough so that your shots would go nowhere but the turf, and with your shots always whiffing your opponents, they will surely push you into the water on the edge of a map.

Then you have a full set of bomb range, which obviously doesn't affect splash walls, so you have no perks whatsoever.

This kit is somewhat similar to the Custom Jr. as it is a support-heavy weapon with no range, except maybe even worse than the Custom Jr. I'd say the only place where this weapon kit could even be mildly useful is on Tower Control, where you could use the sub to protect the tower, Bubbler to push it forward, and the main weapon to kill those around the tower. I could see a real pro like ThatSRB2DUDE absolutely destroying with this weapon.

What's your opinion? Any disagreements? What about the worst existing weapon kit/gear loadout in Splatoon?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
That's kinda silly. For starters, using that gear with literally any weapon would be foolish, as a strong throwing arm isn't worth sacrificing everything else in ANY situation.

The splash wall wouldn't be great on the Sploosh, sure, but you're massively underestimating the bubbler. I've seen competitive teams build around weapons that have the bubbler, and we're talking about something with a 3-hit 13-frame kill at short range, being able to go invincible on demand would open all sorts of tactics with that weapon.

Luka Puka

Inkster Jr.
NNID
three3musketeers
True, the Bubbler can be used in pretty amazing ways. But is there any worse special for the Sploosh itself?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Obviously. The Inkstrike, useful as it is, would do little to directly benefit a short-range assault weapon. Invincibility on the other hand...

Luka Puka

Inkster Jr.
NNID
three3musketeers
Oh yeah, I forgot about the Inkstrike. (Whoops!)
Especially because of how easy it is to dodge an Instrike in most maps and locations, it's probably only useful as a last-second turf coverage option in turf war.

NNID
ccclovesmario
I think the splash wall plus inkstrike combo is pretty good with weapons like the range blaster, but with the sploosh I have to agree that the set doesn't do it much good xD

Glimster

Inkster Jr.
NNID
HOPE_Glimmer
It could be debated that the worst weapon+kit is in the game with the Aerospray RG. Well,that is for ranked.It's a bit weird to include gear,but I guess if you wanna have useless gear you can just run bomb range up or special duration.Gotta love having longer time to place your inkstrike ;)

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
At least the RG has ink mines, which are situational but technically useful in combat. I'd vote for the original Inkbrush, the weapon itself is fine but Sprinkler + Inkstrike does nothing whatsoever to aid it in a fight.

Glimster

Inkster Jr.
NNID
HOPE_Glimmer
At least the RG has ink mines, which are situational but technically useful in combat. I'd vote for the original Inkbrush, the weapon itself is fine but Sprinkler + Inkstrike does nothing whatsoever to aid it in a fight.
I feel in this situation the sprinkler is better than an ink mine as the inkbrush and aerospray should only really be used in covering turf in both turf war and ranked. However,if someone is using these weapons offensively then I'd agree with you that the Inkbrush is probably slightly worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom