• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

What would you like to see in Splatoon 3?

agent8(hachi)

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
NNID
derek
We have already gotten so much announced for this game. So I feel its time to go back to this question:
What else do you guys want in Splatoon 3?
I personally do need anything else now that inkstrike is back.

Cephalobro

A single-player mode that isn't a repeat of Octo Valley or Octo Canyon. For now, it's starting to look promising with an entirely different villain behind the events of this single-player mode, not everything being exclusively on floating platforms, and having the courage to show big lore answers with its Sunken Scrolls. While I still don't like that we're fighting a version of the Octarians, this single-player mode is still in the right direction for base storylines becoming much more than just glorified tutorials. The fact that there's a lack of supposed "fuzzy" enemy Octolings as well gives me hope that this is the final time in which we will fight a version of the Octarians.

Last edited:

Debleb

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3437-8747-0786
I think it would be interesting to see more hero mode mechanics in multiplayer stages. Like Shifty Station stages.

Corrderio

Inkster Jr.
-A better single player campaign
-Loadouts
-Being able to select bombs/specials instead of having multiple weapon variants
-More PvE content
-Casual modes for the ranked game modes (Clam Blitz, Tower Control, etc.) instead of just turf war
-Gear being for appearance purposes only

vinylic

Inkling
honestly, i'm mostly just excited to be around for a splatfest for the first time JKFDLKD; i got the game for my birthday last year, so i haven't been able to participate in any. as far as new features, though, i hope they add a button to leave a lobby instead of just putting your switch to sleep and hoping you didn't do it too late + end up being timed out for however long

Cephalobro

A music slider would be great to add.

For those that don't know what I'm talking about, the music slider determines how often specific music will play and the chances of it being played. Smash for the Wii U and 3DS had this system for its soundtrack to allow the player to determine the chance for which music to play (Smash Ultimate instead just let the player choose which music to play on a match instead).

The Splatoon soundtrack from both games, however, is tiny compared to the soundtrack of Smash Bros., even when combined, so a music slider would just be enough to influence what plays the most often.

In speaking about music, why can't every single music actually return as well? Hearing the differences in soundtracks in the same game shows a great comparison of how Splatoon music style changed and allows for more preference options. (Plus, many people don't listen to modern music that much anyways.)

gelatinoushare

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-3384-2027-9131
I'm hoping that the lobby mini games make a return because waiting in the lobby is quite dull otherwise, especially in ranked.
Other than that, it's now the 7th year in a row I'm wishing for the (non-playable) octolings to be playable...I just love their designs so much.

Ac℮

Inkster Jr.
Walleye Warehouse, Moray Towers, and Wahoo World
NNID
MyPetCocoa
Switch Friend Code
SW-7135-3637-2316
I would like an overhaul to consistency in the game really. For example, please please please, have a chunks store or something. The amount of RNG involved with trying to do anything when it comes to gear is really insane. Even if the prices have to be stupid or insane, I'd take anything, literally anything, over RNG. In fact, that's how it should be for anything you are trying to get or do in the game, no more RNG, just old fashioned work towards a straight forward goal. The gear shop rotations as well, please just have a normal list for the in game stores. Lets say, I missed out on a very basic piece of clothing, something so basic that most people, like 99% of players, won't be wearing it when I see them in the square. So now, thanks to this rotation stuff, I have to wait, and just hope that it circles back to being in the store. Again, RNG. And if the problem with just having a list of all the gear available from the start, is that players might get all if it too early or something, you could always do something else about it that's not RNG? Like I dunno, lock some of it behind levels? You lock ranked behind levels, you could just do that with gear too, but before you can play ranked of course. And this last one might be unpopular, but I have to say it, please bring back the ability to buy gear slots. Not everyone can find the time to always get into every splatfest as its happening, and I don't think its fair to punish those who could not do it, by making you have to gain levels just to get trickle down sea snails. Those sea snails already let you reroll entire pieces of gear, that is powerful enough as it is, I do not think being able to buy gear slots would make too much of a difference really. And if that really is seen as too easy to get gear slots, you could always just raise the price? Sorry for the long post, I just had to vent over all the trouble I have had in both Splatoon 1 and 2 when it comes to the RNG from the shops and rolls and chunks. I'd take anything over RNG. Anything.

Cephalobro

No more region-locked gear. From my understanding, Splatoon 3 will actually be the same version regardless of the region released, which hopefully means no more region-exclusive gear. Region-locked gear was such a scummy thing to do with the promotional manga gear back in Splatoon 2.

Cephalobro

Picking weapons for Salmon Run would actually be a great idea. Maybe keep the current weapon rotation mode, but add another mode that allows players to pick whatever weapon they want, both of them being available at the same time. I longed to use a replica of the Hero Mode weapons in Salmon Run, especially the Octo Shot Replica.

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901
Oh boy, there are a lot of things I'd like to see. Ill try to keep this as concise as possible

1. Better Stick Controls

I don't use sticks myself, but I know a lot of other people do. I'm pretty sure that sticks are not as good as they could be. I'd feel that allowing the X-axis and Y-axis sensitivity to be sperate sliders as opposed to just one. Also an option to have an aim acceleration option could be nice. As it would make adjusting aim easier without compromising being able to swing your camera around quickly for movement. It is rather small changes and it wouldn't be on par with motion, but honestly you can really do that unless aim-assist is a thing. Which is a can of worms that I'm not going to go over.

2. Splatnet Features that Should be In-Game (also slight Splatnet inprovements)

The report function of Splatnet should really be in-game, enough said. The past 50 games feature and the stage and weapon stats might as well be in-game as well. Splatnet's only real reason to exist is being able to check stage rotations on the go. Granted this would make it a tad irrelevant, but you could just give it other QoL features instead. Maybe being able to manage your murch orders and order gear from people in your past matches.

3. Instead of Annie's Shop, You Have a More Direct Way of Replacing Main Abilities

Y'know how sub chunks can be placed in sub slots to get a guaranteed ability? Well how about something similar for main abilities with main plates. You'd get these from story mode, salmon run, or even trade in random chunks to get a random main plate. If you have any extra main plates you could break them down into random chunks or have murch hold on to them and be replaced by another ability that you can buy back later. These plates can even be put on amiibo and story mode gear.

4. Super Sea Snails

Make it so you can still use cash to add slots, but just bump up the cost to 50,000 or something. Give snails the ability to bribe murch into giving us better chances of getting what we want on our orders. You could give him 1-5 snails with 5 guaranteeing you to get exactly what you want. Another idea is when a piece of gear has all slots unlocked you can use a snail to "imbue" gear to keep giving chunks after filling up a bar after all the slots are filled. Pretty much what the splatfest tee does but for that ability to be on all gear.

5. Staggered Rotations

Instead of all modes rotating every 2 hours make it so when turf and league rotate rank will change in an hour instead. So after rank changes an hour later turf and league change. It's a little odd at first but it's to allow for more stage variety though out play sessions. I'd also make it that game doesn't interrupt you when the stages change and have it do it automatically.

And here are some rapid fire wishes
- Don't bring back Moray Towers
- Bring back Flounder Heights
- Loadouts to save weapons and gear to
- Make turf war matchmaking tolerable
- A toggle for regional or worldwide matchmaking
- Allow weapons to have skins instead of it being a separate weapon (eg. octoshot)

- Playlists for music so I can choose what I'd want to listen to
- Make freshness flags visible to other players
- An option to hide player names like in X rank
- Unranked ranked queue
- And for the love of cod, the ability to skip the news

Ac℮

Inkster Jr.
Walleye Warehouse, Moray Towers, and Wahoo World
NNID
MyPetCocoa
Switch Friend Code
SW-7135-3637-2316
Picking weapons for Salmon Run would actually be a great idea. Maybe keep the current weapon rotation mode, but add another mode that allows players to pick whatever weapon they want, both of them being available at the same time. I longed to use a replica of the Hero Mode weapons in Salmon Run, especially the Octo Shot Replica.
Start of a horror movie: The game gives you a dynamo roller, and the allies a hydra, reg splat charger, and some other slow weapon, and its the glowflies. At that point, the game has came to life and is telling you to accept death lol

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
And this last one might be unpopular, but I have to say it, please bring back the ability to buy gear slots.
100% in agreement. 100k for one slot/reroll in the original game was perfect, and I don't know why they removed it. I know scrubbing gear is a thing, but that gets time consuming very quickly. It's not like it makes snails less valuable or anything, since at least theoretically a free 100k should be a great deal.
After sitting on a mountain of cash for almost the entire time I've been playing Splatoon 2, I really hope we get more practical reasons to spend money in 3. I'm also in favor of a chunk shop, and as for stores, it'd be great if there was a usual lineup at a discounted price, with the rest of the gear available in a catalog you can buy for a higher price.

Cephalobro

On the multiplayer side of things, I hope we are able to directly report players who intentionally grief the game. They are the worst of the worst no matter the mode. And I hope the ban is actually harsh enough to discourage griefing. There is nothing more frustrating than a player who griefs the match because he or she didn't get his or her way.

agent8(hachi)

Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
NNID
derek
This might be a big side division, but they need to ban the ability to squidbag, right after killing someone. Regular squidbagging for squid parties I can work with.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Here are a few things I personally would like for Splatoon 3

1. Consistent\better Salmon Run
I felt like half the time Salmon Run was either not open whenever I actually felt like playing that mode. Also due to its nature Salmon run felt very repetitive they never added anything extra no modes, no bosses, no nothing. I mean it did have some pretty decent rewards but once I unlocked the specific gear I wanted I never felt a desire to return.
I hope with S3 they make the mode feel more interesting and update it with the game's lifespan to keep it feeling fresh
Also just give better rewards....like having super sea snails in this mode would alone give me more reason to take interest.

2. Juice Bar
I felt like this was the most lackluster part of S2, it was a way to potential get better abilities that rarely ever worked and tbh I usually forgot about it until I start exploring peoples post and find it again.
My suggestion is to do something entirely different. I would prefer if the juice bar acted more as a cosmetic shop...allowing you to change the color of your inkling eye/ hair color (color locking it to only your character), custom super-jump animation, or maybe even weapon or sub weapon appearances.
Ok so maybe I using this as an excuse for weapon/ gear color customization but I want it so bad....plz nintendo

3.Nintendo Online
Again it feels like so much could have been done here, they legit added a mini miiverse and no way to share it across the app...the rotating store was also fun but I would have preferred for the store itself to have been more unique from the other stores...maybe putting all that REGION LOCKED GEAR would have been nice to motivate people or even give them a chance to get it (I hope they don't do that again)

4. Amiibo

It is always cool to get more gear, but I have been wanting since S1 and especially since smash ultimate's release is Nintendo themed amiibo gear, I want to see an inkling with a Mario hat, or a master sword inkbrush, or Star fox's visor and classic shirt there is just so much potential in a game where customization play such a key into the games theme and I want a chance to have that in S3
Plus it would finally give me a reason outside of smash bros to get more amiibo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom