• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What you think of these horse names?

Ceresbane

Senior Squid
NNID
Jazzhand
So been researching breath of the wild.

So you can get Ganondorf's giant black horse
A royal white stallion (apparently fastest horse in the game.
And epona.

What I'm asking for is feedback on some of these horse names I been looking and thinking up.

Naturally I got the 3 goddesses. Din, Nayru, and Farore (terrible name).

Next I went the logical step and found that Zelda and Ganondorf have germanic roots in their name. So I looked up german for power wisdom and courage. Leistung, Weisheit (sounds dirty) and... Mut (seriously?)

Then I started looking up mythical horses. Mostly greek came up.
1. Deimos. A Mare of Diomedes. One of the 4 mad horses that killed and ate humans and was one of herakle's 12 labours. Horses were black and huge and red eyed.
2. Pegasus. Apparently Poseidon is a horse god (huh). And Pegasus was born from a Gorgon (medusa) and Poseidon (guy can't seem to ever make normal demi gods).
3. Sleipnir. Looking up legendary white stallions. I came up with Odin's own horse that was said to be the fastest in the land. Horse of a king. Royal white stallion?
4. Arion. A talking horse that Herakles rode once and stuff... (seriously courage is really hard to find good names for). Apparently a descendant of pegasus (so Herakles is riding his animal horse cousin)

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
I've been around horses, and given they had odd names, I think I can say...They aren't traditional like a regular animal's name. I know there was a horse from Japan that was "First Place"?

I can list some silly ones for you:

Manhattan Cafe, Deep Sky, Tap Dance City, Vodka, King Kamehameha, Stay Gold, Deep Impact, Gentildonna, Man O' War, Halo, Assault, Personal Ensign, Medaglia d'Oro.

Since I am Norwegian, we have cool names for you from our gods, especially Odin's eight legged horse.

Sleipnir:

"In Norse mythology, Sleipnir (Old Norse "slippy"[1] or "the slipper"[2]) is an eight-legged horse. Sleipnir is attested in the Poetic Edda, compiled in the 13th century from earlier traditional sources, and the Prose Edda, written in the 13th century by Snorri Sturluson. In both sources, Sleipnir is Odin's steed, is the child of Loki and Svaðilfari, is described as the best of all horses, and is sometimes ridden to the location of Hel. The Prose Edda contains extended information regarding the circumstances of Sleipnir's birth, and details that he is grey in color."

Some other cool norse names, too: Raganarok, Freyr, Fenrir, and Fafnir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom