• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

whats something that you guys love about Splatoon?

staryette

Inkling
NNID
Staryette
LOVE and HATE
What do you like?
What do you love?
GO!

I like the fact that its so CUTE! And the outfits. I like Splatting people!
I dont like when the ink boys....after they kill you they Hump you. Feels like Battlefield...
or something like that, also the multiplayer system for getting into a game with another person is awful.
Should be like ranked!

HashCrab

Inkling
NNID
claycrab
The flow of battle in Splatoon is excellent. It's flexible enough to where a losing team could feasibly pull a victory out if they try hard enough. In other words, curb stomps are quite rare. Compare that to most other shooters, where the momentum is often given to whoever has the upper hand, with very few exceptions.

Cake or Death

Full Squid
NNID
McProle
I dont like when the ink boys....after they kill you they Hump you. Feels like Battlefield...
Squidbagging..I don't know why it has become a thing in Splatoon. It seems to have cropped up over the course of six months. I never thought I'd see it in this game. I was shocked the first time I had it done to me.

Teabagging is incredibly rude and it's the sign of a poor sportsman. It's a practice that originated in Halo but it seems to have spread to all FPS games, and now Splatoon. Chances are you're a bit of a crap person in general if you do it, or you're 14 and don't know any better. Would you go to a soccer game and see a player score a goal and proceed to run upto another player, flipping the bird to them mockingly? Would one player teabag another at the world chess championships? Of course not. So why is rudeness and poor sportsmanship unacceptable in those games and not in the games we love?

Okay, rant over.

My favourite part of Splatoon is that the game mechanics just work SO well and are SO thought out in Splatoon. You can tell it's a Nintendo game as Nintendo comes up with amazingly fun gameplay ideas and builds a game and story around them. It ensures that the game is fun to play first and foremost.

Splatoon is really approachable too. I have friends that rarely play videogames and I gave them a go on Splatoon. They had so much fun that they keep asking me if they can come round and play Splatoon again.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
The creativity of the weapons. You have the traditional water guns, paint brushes, cleaning supplies (squelchers, squiffer), water bottles (gals), airbrush (aerospray, splash/sploosh-o-matic) fire hydrant (hydra splatling) and more. I just love how much they were able to avoid using actual weapons.

Last edited:

Actimela

Inkling
NNID
Actimela
I love the originality of this game and the different weapons! And, all the maps have its specificities.
The aim of the game is very simple but the game reveals itself very strategic and very dynamic! :)

However, I regret that there are only two maps per session and I don't know if I'm just unfortunate, but 80% of the time, I come to the same map again and again...

Jei-Cos

Full Squid
NNID
JeiCos
I think the thing I like most is how different it is from other shooters. How it's not just "kill everyone else as much as possible" just makes me like it more..Plus the artist in my loves the fact that you get to cover everything in ink lol

I'm an RPG gamer, and actually suck at all other shooters (Except for 3rd Birthday, which is 3rd person auto aiming), but I'm not that bad at this one..So there's that too..

lone

Inkster Jr.
NNID
loneotaku
Switch Friend Code
SW-1901-5583-6414
Favorite: The concept, story, art, and weapons Splatoon has is totally unique to other shooters and really makes it stand out when you compare it to others. It's also a game that never ceases to be fun, to the point where I'm okay with losing a few rounds because I'm still having a good time.

Least Favorite: Probably that Ranked Mode doesn't cycle as much as I'd like. I would have liked it more if they put each Ranked mode in its own lobby, but I can see why all modes are grouped together, in the end. I'm just not good with Tower Control, and it seems to be the only thing up whenever I'm online... ^q^;;;

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Like: The crazy weapons, the colorful fun funky 90's visuals that make it almost a spiritual successor to Sega's Jet Set Radio, it's a "fun place" to be rather than a dreary place to be like most other shooters, and somehow it doesn't feel like a normal "online shooter" which is a genre I honestly dislike. Also, Callie & Marie.

Dislike: The pace of the game is a poor design choice as it's faster than internet latency allows for with global servers and is more properly suited to LAN play - they should have thought that aspect through more as it leads to a lot of the salt surrounding things that happen and shouldn't.

@Leronne I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out what exactly the Squelcher is supposed to be. You said it's a cleaning supply? What exactly is the Squelcher made of?

I never realized the Gals are water bottles! After you pointed that out I can see it but it wasn't as obvious as a lot of others! And don't forget the eliter's are gas pumps. A lot of people seem to miss that :)

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
@Leronne I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out what exactly the Squelcher is supposed to be. You said it's a cleaning supply? What exactly is the Squelcher made of?

I never realized the Gals are water bottles! After you pointed that out I can see it but it wasn't as obvious as a lot of others! And don't forget the eliter's are gas pumps. A lot of people seem to miss that :)
Well the squelchers take inspiration from high pressure water nozzles to be exact. Although they have a variety of uses, cleaning is one of the main uses they have. And yeah, i noticed the gals ink chamber looks very similar to that of an office water tank. The heavy splatling has one as well, but much larger.

Gwoop

Inkling
NNID
Gwoopington
I like Splatoon for its fun gameplay and intense amount of customisability, but I love Splatoon for its aesthetic. As in the colours of ink are so vivid, and every colour works well with every other colour of ink. The character designs are adorable, the level designs are clean and inventive and the game just looks really good. I find a game with appealing visuals to be something I come back to over and over again, like Animal Crossing.

Poofy

Inkling
NNID
Wasted_Freddy
Well, who doesn't wanna be a squid-kid shooting ink EVERYWHERE?:)
Weapon of choice: :wst_roller_brushmini00:

Princess Bubbie

Tiny lil' monster
NNID
Princess.Bubbie
I originally fell in love with it because it reminded me or Nickelodeon back in the 90's. All the live action games shows had to deal with kids getting multi-colored slime on them or their rivals. xD

Then the lack of chatting in the game made it nice too. I love playing shooters but get all stressed out over the chatting in it. x.x I've ignored multiplayer games completely based on the community. This game let's me have fun without worrying about the extra salt. It gives me the feel the only salty person in the room is me. >_> I like it that way.

kickpunchr

Inkster Jr.
NNID
littlemissy1756
Haha yes! Go 90s Nickelodeon! It also reminds me of Jet Set Radio.

I suppose that's what I like about Splatoon. I've played a couple of other shooters, but for the most part, I've stayed away from the genre. The realistic gray-toned military aesthetic just seems drab to me. Not to mention the shooter bro community : p

I will say that I wish Splatoon made it easier to chat with friends. I understand why they didn't want to have open voice chat with everyone, but at least a party chat only with people you invite would have been a decent compromise.

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I originally fell in love with it because it reminded me or Nickelodeon back in the 90's.
That reminds me - when the E3 2014 announcement trailer started, I was genuinely terrified that the 'completely new IP' would turn out to be a Nickelodeon collaboration. Watch the first scene and tell me you don't see it.

Lance17

Inkling
I just love the variety of weapons to choose and all the fresh gear. :D

Spinda

Inkling
NNID
ContrarySpinda
I like how the game's visuals are varied and creative. It's very polished and nice looking with the charming quirkiness that comes from drowning sea creatures.

I love turf wars on Blackbelly Skatepark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom