• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

What's the best and worst sub weapon?

Taiga Kagami

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Bowser66
What do you think the best subweapon is? :) I love the beacons but I've grown to hate them after people putting them on the spawn point all the time, i'm a fan of suction bombs or seekers. I don't know what the worst one is but what do you think (I don't like using the splashwalls at all) just curious~

Kowai Yume

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kowai_Yume
Point sensor since I can anticipate if my opponents are gonna strike and from where, the beacon so I can go flanking and suction bombs since they're like the demoman's sticky traps. Don't really the splat bomb since it takes a long time to detonate. Granted the same thing can be said for the suction bomb but it's easier to set up imo.

Taiga Kagami

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Bowser66
splatbombs are pretty hard to get kills with, I haven't used the point sensor much since it isn't on many weapons I like, think I might try the forge splattershot pro again now, kinda forgot about them to be honest >.<''

Travelingpik

Full Squid
NNID
travelingpik
I think best is suction bombs cause of it sticking to walls and surprising people.

Worst honestly feels like ink mines for me simply cause i feel like they are kinda too easy to expose and run right past
Or seekers cause rofl..

Xeiros

Senior Squid
Point sensor since I can anticipate if my opponents are gonna strike and from where, the beacon so I can go flanking and suction bombs since they're like the demoman's sticky traps. Don't really the splat bomb since it takes a long time to detonate. Granted the same thing can be said for the suction bomb but it's easier to set up imo.
Both Splat and Suction Bombs only count down their internal detonation timers while on the ground. Splat bombs have a 1.5 second timer while a suction bombs is 2 seconds. Because the latter immediately sticks to the first surface it touches, you cannot use this to your advantage. Splat bombs on the other hand can be thrown at the ground which due to the both the nature of the ground timer's shorter duration and the triangular shape of the bomb itself will cause it to quickly tumble across the stage and stop just as it explodes right at your enemy's feet giving them no time to react. This makes them a fantastic mid range ground level/high ground threat.

Suction bombs due to their larger explosion are better for temporary area denial and general zoning though not by much. You might not get kills as easily, but it can force the enemy into a disadvantageous position. In general both are pretty solid at flushing the enemy out and make for great options for certain short range main weapons. For me it's less about the sub weapon itself and more about how well it meshes with what it's grouped with. What exactly is it adding to the set that the main weapon isn't?

Last edited:

Azza

Pro Squid
NNID
Barricade31
I actually like the seeker and wish it was on the splash o matic. Good for narrow chokes and making pathways up to the enemy or to flank. It depends on the map really, seekers suck on some maps.

Taiga Kagami

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Bowser66
I like seekers on arrowana mall, I get a lot of people by surprise with them when they go up the hill >.< and splat bombs do explode quick but then you're out of ink and if you roll it they don't go that far, I feel it would be better to just shoot them. yeah the ink mines pretty bad, works well in tower control and on people who forget about them but not often

Calamari

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Toowrighteous
Personally, I love the Sprinkler and the Disrupter.

Sprinkler: If you put it in a hard-to-shoot spot, it's basically there forever unless you throw another.

Disrupter: I wish I liked more weapons with it. It's actually really useful.

Taiga Kagami

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Bowser66
being able to place 2 ink mines at a time would seem like the perfect improvement for it, now i'm more sad that you can't, i don't like using the sprinkler all that much but the disrupter is great I agree though, especially the nozzlenose I really don't think that weapons good at all ;-;

Shalnark

Full Squid
Best: Splat and suction bombs. I often get more kills by spamming these subs than I do by shooting. Also, suction bombs are ridiculously good on some stages, including saltspray and urchin underpass.

Worst: Seekers. You can jump over them or stay in squid form, and it costs so much ink.

I used to think the splash wall was the best sub but I realized that it's important to have something to throw at chargers.

doritos29

Senior Squid
NNID
5thelement
All the sub weapons have uses and are good for the most part. The worst in my opinion are the seekers. I'm not saying seekers are bad. They have their uses such as making a quick path to the splat zone. I'm saying that they aren't as useful as the other subs. They can be avoided by simply hiding in your ink or jumping over them. Seekers become even worse on tower control. They can't hit anyone on the tower.

The best sub depends on the game mode. Sprinkler is probably the best sub in turf wars because it's useful for covering turf and short range weapons are common so putting them in hard to reach places can be very good. The best sub in tower control is suction bomb because you can force anyone off the tower with suction bombs. The delay makes people stay off for even longer. I'm not sure what the best sub is in splat zones.

Cobbs

Senior Squid
NNID
CCobbs
When Sprinkler is useless, it's useful as a distraction. So I <3 it. With some weapons it can feel like a waste of ink if the weapon can already ink quickly.

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
Worst: Seeker: while this may splat unaware people... or players who don't know what to do against them it's pretty easy to dodge

Best: Point Sensor: To know at least where one of your opponents are at because people like to hide and all
and I would like to say is Suction Bomb

Megajack

Inkster Jr.
NNID
smp1998
I think it really depends on the mode your playing in.

A lot of people are saying ink mines are the worst, but I'd say they're the best right next to suction bombs at Tower Control. I've gotten many splats using ink mines on the tower, or even just in the general area of the tower.

doritos29

Senior Squid
NNID
5thelement
I think it really depends on the mode your playing in.

A lot of people are saying ink mines are the worst, but I'd say they're the best right next to suction bombs at Tower Control. I've gotten many splats using ink mines on the tower, or even just in the general area of the tower.
They can also be put at entrances to splat zones or even in the zone itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom