• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What's the Deal With the Café?

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
Snapchat--4157476799319591748.jpg

So, what is this place, and do the devs plan to do anything with it? Who knows. I have an idea, but it's really just what I want them to do with the place.

I want the café to open for business, where inklings can go and sit down for a snack. For a bit of coin, each item would give a different bonus.

There could be a simple coffee, which gives you a 20% increase to your XP gain for the next 3-5 matches, for players trying to level and get new weapons.

There could be an item that would be a little more expensive, but give you 10% more coin for your next few wins.

I think we could all get behind an item that increases the amount of gear XP you gain after each match, enabling you to level the subs on new gear a little bit faster.

So, what do you all think? Will Nintendo ever open "Cortta Rpo," or is it just decoration? What would you like to see the devs do with the space? Are there any other shops or features you'd like to see open up in the future?

Dream21

Full Squid
I really like your idea! I feel like this would be a big help, and add a little more fun to the game^^

Some people have thought it might be used when we can create lobbies with our friends, and that's what will be used for.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I don't think it's anything more than background decoration.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I'd certainly get behind a place where you can get things to eat and gain temporary post-match bonuses. A triple fudge brownie that gives you twice the vibe per match won would certainly be something to look forward to!

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
I'd certainly get behind a place where you can get things to eat and gain temporary post-match bonuses. A triple fudge brownie that gives you twice the vibe per match won would certainly be something to look forward to!
Didn't even consider the vibe meter. What a great idea.

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
Maybe the cafe could be a slice of life place, where Inklings hang out, meet up and go on crazy adventures to places like Octo Valley together? I really want something cool out of this, and i'd be all for a place just to chill in this virtual world :P

Also, am I the only one that sees "Gorilla Pro" when i read the Inkling-ese sign? xD

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
Maybe the cafe could be a slice of life place, where Inklings hang out, meet up and go on crazy adventures to places like Octo Valley together? I really want something cool out of this, and i'd be all for a place just to chill in this virtual world :p

Also, am I the only one that sees "Gorilla Pro" when i read the Inkling-ese sign? xD
Super-hard octo valley missions that require 4 inklings on one side would be my JAM

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
Although it is probably nothing, it could very well be the place to make custom rooms or something, as it being a social and public plce (although that will likely go in the tower).
It could also be a replay channel trade station of sorts.

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
I just wonder why out of all place the Inklings get down in a little coreography in that same spot. It doesnt seem like anyone is watching there anyway.
Kinda like those two inklings that're always window-shopping at Cooler Heads, which makes me think even more that they're gonna do something with the cafe.

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
Although it is probably nothing, it could very well be the place to make custom rooms or something, as it being a social and public plce (although that will likely go in the tower).
It could also be a replay channel trade station of sorts.
I like to think the replay/spectator mode will just be a little CRT next to Spyke in the alley. You could bet coin, just like in Smash 4, but it'd actually be used to turn a decent profit.

Squadaloo

Full Squid
NNID
RodRodney
I just wonder why out of all place the Inklings get down in a little coreography in that same spot. It doesnt seem like anyone is watching there anyway.
I've always thought that was the most bizarre spot to put the dancing squids, but their dancing is cute. I guess they're watching their reflections in the window or something...?

Anyways, I doubt it'll be used for anything: there's no entrance, and I think if they were to actually have you enter the building for later features, they'd just put a door and say "we're closed now, come back later" or something as opposed to having an update to add a way in.

Math

Pro Squid
NNID
BigPenguini
I've always thought that was the most bizarre spot to put the dancing squids, but their dancing is cute. I guess they're watching their reflections in the window or something...?

Anyways, I doubt it'll be used for anything: there's no entrance, and I think if they were to actually have you enter the building for later features, they'd just put a door and say "we're closed now, come back later" or something as opposed to having an update to add a way in.
yeah, but there's a ton of signs inside looking like menus, and even pictures of food. they could patch in an entrance, or the entrance is already there but doesn't open. i mean, the inklings have forcefields and floating led-style signs. their technology's advanced, and i don't think anyone would bat an eye at a weird glass door, right where those inklings are dancing.

Banshee

Full Squid
NNID
Laddy-Daddy
i just want them to do something with the cafe in general. i searched al around that place because it looked like a place you could enter but there is not one single entrance. i tell you it made me mad when i couldn't find a door. who doesn't put a door into a cafe??

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
Don't quote me on that, but I read once that in some dev interview it was mentioned that's where the team matchmaking mode is going to be located starting from August. Total rumor and I hope someone can confirm, but it makes the most sense to me personally

Strider_Bond00J

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Strider_James00B
Having a pre-splat snack that grants bonuses would be a pretty cool idea - just like the diner in Monster Hunter where the various ingredients all contribute to stats being boosted.

If that's the case - what I'd like to see is that if you were to pick say a tuna sandwich and it boosts your swim speed, but as a trade-off your running speed is slower. I'd love to see that implemented into the game - adds more character to the world of Inkopolis.

Bippzy

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-7508-4027-9894
Maybe if they use it, it could also double as a secret pants store. Because that would make sense, right? RIGHT!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom