• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What's the meta these days?

Squidilicious

Inkster Jr.
I used to play this game pretty avidly and reached S+ in all the modes (but not X). Anyway I stopped playing several months ago but I've started again and i am wondering what's meta. Back when I was playing (through mid 2018) I used a lot of different weapons including rapid blaster and RBP, SSP, custom dualie squelchers, heavy splatling, dapples, nzap 85....which were all at least decent if not meta when I used them. Now see that there are tons of additional weapons and people seem to be using a lot of weapons that used to be rarely used like undercover brella and eliter.

So what's meta now in the ranked modes? Are any of the new weapons or specials really good?

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
I’m in a similar situation to you so I can’t really help, although I’ve heard Mini-ling is good. Mostly I just wanted to say you’d probably get more replies in the competitive section.

Burst{N.A}

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1963-0042-1531
What's meta? It's pretty hard to tell rn because there was just a patch, but Nzap is still ok, but people are saying brush is the new armor weapon. Kensa Pro is stupid strong because MPU lets it do 99.99 damage from a 2 shot, and the strongest backliners are chargers, but heavy is coming back because it strafes faster than it did even in splat 1. We just exited a meta where frontline sucked and you could only run things like the pro and maybe one dualie + an armor, but things are changing. Really diverse

Burst{N.A}

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1963-0042-1531
What's meta? It's pretty hard to tell rn because there was just a patch, but Nzap is still ok, but people are saying brush is the new armor weapon. Kensa Pro is stupid strong because MPU lets it do 99.99 damage from a 2 shot, and the strongest backliners are chargers, but heavy is coming back because it strafes faster than it did even in splat 1. We just exited a meta where frontline sucked and you could only run things like the pro and maybe one dualie + an armor, but things are changing. Really diverse
(Pro just got nerfed tho a little)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom