• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What's the OST going to be like?

OzGuy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
OzGuyU
Okay, so, Splatoon had THE best OST of any Nintendo game since the Galaxy games, I think that goes without saying. Nice, synth-punk jams.

But what's 2 going to be like?

So far, we have something a little more... indie-rock. And then another, lighter synth-punk song and then something that makes me get nostalgic for the Leapster for some reason.

What do you guys think?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Dunno. Haven't played it.

But seriously, though.. I imagine about the same as Splatoon 1, a variety of things.

Madd-D

Inkling
NNID
Madd-D
I personally wan't a huge fan of the first game's soundtrack. It felt disorganized and too scattered. But I've really enjoyed what I've heard from Splatoon 2 so far. The tracks have had a pretty consistent sound (like you said, indie rock) which is what I personally look for in an OST. The new losing theme is especially fantastic. Its more chill vibes make me think "better luck next time" instead of "you suck" like the first game did. But that's just my opinion!

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I like the variety in sploon 1, it played well into the "multiple bands making songs" flavor.
I kinda hope to see the variety aspect make a return.

We had metalopod, now maybe we get heavy-metalopod? xD

OzGuy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
OzGuyU
Well, to follow up on your comments, yes, there is a lot of "indie" stuff, sort of like what MySpace did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom