• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

What's the prettiest weapon?

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
In your opinion, of course. What weapon or weapons do you love the look of, even if you hardly or never play them? 'Pretty' is used in its most general sense here, so just whatever aesthetically appeals to you. This can include individual variants.

In my case, aside from buckets (where I'm just a little biased), I love non-Deco (Pro) Rapid Blasters, partly because they look like they'd be lovely to hold, with their ridged barrels and a nice weight. I'm also a huge fan of the colours of the Refurbished Splatling and the Tempered Dynamo.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Heavy Splatling looks pretty badass without going over the top like the Hydra, so that gets my vote. It's a simple design based on a water cooler, but i like it still.
Blaster's flame motif at the end looks rad, even if the weapon class itself is one of my most hated ones out there.
Inkbrush and Sloshing Machine deserve a mention, too.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Heh, never thought to think of weapons in that way. Naturally my vote goes towards the L-3D for obvious reasons!

Floating Eyeball

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Stanley618
The Tempered Dynamo's colors are always my favorite, and I tend to love most of the Deco weapons.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Bamboozler Mk III. Ooh, shiny.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
The forge splattershot pro and dual squelchers. I love the black and yellow color scheme of the pro and the dual overal just looks awesome to me. I also really like the steam-punk look and feel of the 'o-matic family.

CM86

Pro Squid
Every weapon I listed as my mains (look below). Funny enough, I only use weapons that I think look cool anyway.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I like the hollow glass tubing on the Splash-O-Matics, the clear containers on the Octoshot and vanilla Gals, the black/green colouration on the Hero replicas plus their curved pressure tanks, the black/white design on the Forge pro, and the fact that the Minis look like they're made from oversized Lego bricks.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Soda Slosher, just purely on how colourful and bright it is. Incidentally it also has a great sub/special set, so it has essentially become one of my favourite weapons. I also love the pen on the Splash, it looks really cool and is also a fun weapon to use. The Splattershot Pro line gets a shout out too, especially the Berry, which I don't use since I'm not a fan of the set and aren't too great with the weapon (want to get better at them though). Other than that, only the Hero Shot springs to mind, the rest are still pretty good, but don't stand out too much imo.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Gonna cast my vote for the Hero Charger. That sick green-and-black color scheme with a design that vaguely resembles a real assault rifle does it for me.
I don't use the charger myself, but it really is a sick color scheme.

maxie

Full Squid
berry pro definitely, refurbished mini splatling and forge pro in close second. inkbrushes are pretty cute too

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
I've always loved the bedazzled look of the Gal Deco weapons and it's one of the reasons that I played with the .96 Gal Deco so much. In addition, my favorite gear piece is the Octo Tee as it is a beautiful purple along with being bedazzled (I'm so glad I can reasonably fit it into my gear set with the buffs haunt received since before buffs it wasn't viable enough for me to wear).

I've since switched to the Slosher Deco which is kind of mediocre in design. Green stickers is so lame and doesn't add much to the pink on black color scheme. (at least I can still wear cool gear for style).

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
The Berry Pro seems popular. I love the gentle tones on that, definitely; not such a fan of the Forge Pro, though. Re:amiibo weapons - I'd almost say that I don't find any of them to be improvements over their ordinary counterparts. I love the simplicity of the classic Splat Roller, as with the Splattershot. The Hero Charger is nice, however, I agree.
I've since switched to the Slosher Deco which is kind of mediocre in design. Green stickers is so lame and doesn't add much to the pink on black color scheme. (at least I can still wear cool gear for style).
I agree resoundingly with your assessment of the Octo Tee (gorgeous piece), but I just want to question that the stickers are green. Yes, I prefer the classic Slosher's look, but those are yellow, surely? I may just never have learned my colours very well, as I also get very riled up in debates about blue-green colours (which I typically confidently place into the opposite category that most others do).

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
I agree resoundingly with your assessment of the Octo Tee (gorgeous piece), but I just want to question that the stickers are green. Yes, I prefer the classic Slosher's look, but those are yellow, surely? I may just never have learned my colours very well, as I also get very riled up in debates about blue-green colours (which I typically confidently place into the opposite category that most others do).
Ah, I'm glad you agree on the Octo Tee as it's my favorite.
I'll admit my colorblindness and that I'm a little embarrassed for not checking with someone else which color the stickers were since I was uncertain and appear to have guessed incorrectly (should've just said stickers. Oops). In any case a bedazzled bucket would've been cooler.

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
So people like the weapons they're using, eh? Not me. Well, I kinda play a lot of weapons and kinda think all the weapons are fun-looking though.

I'd say my favorite is this one: :wst_charge_normalh: (which I don't even have)
And I like the look of this one: :wst_shot_expshort00: (kinda cartoon like, or something)

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
I'll admit my colorblindness and that I'm a little embarrassed for not checking with someone else which color the stickers were since I was uncertain and appear to have guessed incorrectly (should've just said stickers. Oops).
Oh, phew, I thought I was going crazy.
In any case a bedazzled bucket would've been cooler.
I don't agree fully. I've always preferred the plain Heavy and Gals to their bespangled variants. The chevrons borne by the bucket and Carbon work well for those cases because, whereas purplish gems can represent sturdiness and consistency, these yellow arrows work very much as 'go faster stripes', both for reasonably agile weapons (the bucket much more so since 2.7). And the stickers maintain the smooth surface of the bucket, a feature I like.

IoCal

Inkling
I really like how the carbon rollers look. They seem really sleek and streamlined, which fits their fast roll speed. The roller is really colorful, especially the deco version. I love how the ink canister looks like a water bottle and the small strap on the top just looks so cool.

My second favorite in terms of looks is probably the inkbrush. It's also light and sleek. Best of all, it looks totally epic when you twirl your inkling in circles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom