• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What's your favorite weapon in ranked rainmaker?

Charger or other

• I like to use burst bombs... instead of my main weapon.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I love to use the inkbrushes to smack people with.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
What is your favorite weapon in rainmaker,? I really need to know. because people go on and off with weapons, if yo leave one with rollers, thin I get a roller and try to win, then every gets chargers, then I get my charger, they get blasters! They are just indecisive!

Last edited:

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
The Rainmaker itself.

No, well, the Tri-Slosher, I guess, although there are exceptions on a couple of stages. This weapon is wonderful for taking out the enemy carrier as it's easy to hit them once, after which they'll normally be unable to escape your ink before you get the second slosh.

Bubbler is also good for bringing together a group defence, worrying the opponents or, particularly, insuring one-on-one situations wherein one normally would be disadvantaged. The nature of this mode leads to scattered opponents a fair amount of the time compared to other Ranked battles, which is generally advantageous to buckets, as they have a huge TTK relative to their range and so really struggle against groups.

However, my one absolute favourite pastime in this mode has got to be, when it looks like our team is in a bad spot as they have the Rainmaker and a numerical advantage, finding a safe and somewhat distant spot and Disrupting the enemy carrier. My philosophy here is that it doesn't matter how clear a path the enemy has to the goal if their Rainmaker can't move.

... but back to my original point. I'm only half-joking when I say that I love running the Rainmaker. I find that, whereas in the other two modes, there's a limit to how much one can carry one's team and one is therefore always at the mercy of the matchmaker, RM allows one to make single-handed plays that completely change the flow of the game just by grabbing the cannon and slipping through a fatal crack in the enemy line. Also, once you have the Rainmaker, if your original weapon happened to be seriously troubled by the opposing team this round, it no longer matters - of all four members of your team, you probably improved more by grabbing the Rainmaker than any of the others. Of course, one still needs to have restraint and try to hold out until the best possible opportunity for a run arises before grabbing the item or before advancing with it. But my point is that, much of the time, anyone on the team is a valid carrier, and I just prefer to be that person myself.

St4rJD

Inkling
NNID
kstarperu
It's up the map and sometimes the weapons I predict the rivals are going to use, but my favorites are:

Dual Squelcher
Tentatek Splattershot
Hero Shoter Replica - Splattershot
Krak-on Splat Roller

on Moray Towers only if I'm sure the rival has a long-range sniper: Custom Dual Squelcher or Splat Roller because of the Killer Whail.

Xehias

Pro Squid
NNID
Xehias
The Krak-On Splat Roller is incredible in Rainmaker. Since you're likely to run it with loads of Swim Speed Up, you make for a great Rainmaker carrier, and your Kraken is fantastic at making an ink trail for a teammate to follow. Beakons are a huge advantage as well: if the enemy is making a dangerous push, just jump to a Beakon that's closer to your own base. If your team is pushing, start placing Beakons as they advance to keep up the pressure. It's also laughably easy to shut down any last-second pushes, either by hiding at an opportune spot or by using Kraken. Some maps where those strategies work really well are Bluefin Depot, Arowana Mall and Port Mackerel.

Jei-Cos

Full Squid
NNID
JeiCos
Personally, the Octobrush for me. It's the only time I feel useful with a brush. I haven't tested it with the Permanent Inkbrush yet though, so it MIGHT be good too.
My reasoning is because in Rainmaker, I like to be a "Team Helper"..Idk what else to call it..Suport? Idk..Anyway, if I have the brush I'll get to the Rainmaker first..BUT..I'll also have made a path for the rest of my team to ALSO get there first. If I have a good team, the one who wants to take to take the Rainmaker should either be right behind, or the next behind, me. If they are behind me, pop that bubble and take it while I refil mi ink and everyone else start splatting! If the team is in sync, and the best person for taking it goes 3rd, that's the signal for the person behind me to pop it while I fill up, and then splat whoever they need to while that person takes it.
If I ever get a Squad together, this is basically how I think we should look at this game mode. Brushes all the way for me here!

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I'm often using the Octobrush Nouveau, Permanent Inkbrush, or Custom Hydra for Rainmaker. I'm much more likely to use the brushes though since I'm usually the Rainmaker holder. Using the Hydra means I have to pass it off to a teammate so I'll only use it during a squad where I'm confident with my team. I like the attack power of brushes and the ability to get around very quickly. Mobility can be key in Rainmaker and the brushes give you plenty of that.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I'm itching for any weapon that has Kraken on it, seeing how useful it is in this mode. Def considering using Custom Jet or Heavy Deco for this mode, might go with something more short-ranged if the map calls for it.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
Ok, I'll tell you mine: the luna blaster, and my infinity charger.:)

Laxus_Air

Inkling
NNID
lLifeAmazesJay
Mains: :wst_shot_gravity00::wst_shot_normal01:
Subs: :wst_charge_longscp01::wst_shot_first00:

Currently working on the Fresh Squiffer because it's such a good weapon

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
It seems like its a real trend and variety going on here.:confused:

MegaJer

Inkling
NNID
megajer546
I like to use the Carbon Roller (Deco) to play defensive on maps where a game sometimes ends with just 1 push like Arowana Mall. I also like to use the Soda slosher to focus more on splatting opponents. The Splat Bombs pressure and help break the rainmaker shield (sometimes splatting opponents with the bomb hitting the shield) and the Inkzooka is very useful to splat long range weapons who try to splat the Rainmaker carrier from a distance.
I also like to use the Rainmaker itself.:)

sofly

Inkling
Some of the posts here have valid points about specials - I've personally found the Inkzooka pretty darn handy (someone had mentioned Kraken being good). Definitely want to try out Kraken more after seeing the note here about it, good point.

I tend to main Tenatek or one of the 52 gal's (deco or normal) on Rainmaker, which is my favorite ranked mode :)

*Superman*

Inkling
NNID
famille_dufort
Honestly im only good with the splatershot
No matter what type of game i play... Right now im playing with the tentatek one beacause ill love is special weapon

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
I know, they like to "BLOW" up the rainmaker shield,... I hate when that happens!

Edgy Page

Inkling
NNID
Not_Even_Razi
Splattershot Pro, Berry Splattershot Pro, or a Custom Dual Squelcher. I like to be able to harass snipers and I usually equip lots and lots of Run Speed for when I grab the Rainmaker myself.

ChiePet

Pro Squid
NNID
ChiePet
Sploosh-o-matic, with all Run Speed and Swim Speed Main/Subs. Your goal isn't the Rainmaker, it's the opponents. You rush constantly to get to them, stay in their face, take them out/distract them knowing you'll die doing so, rinse and repeat. The gun has a 3-shot Splat just like the Tentatek and the Splattershot Pro does, and while you're hindered by range, in a high-tension ranked game such as Rainmaker, having a distinct position such as i've described (Fastest Distraction/Sweeper) your team should have a lot less to worry about since you're something they cannot ignore or else they're immediately set back.

Hope this reaches out to anyone, it's never failed me (only my teams does that, huehue.) IMO, as usual.

Award

Squid Savior From the Future
Sploosh-o-matic, with all Run Speed and Swim Speed Main/Subs. Your goal isn't the Rainmaker, it's the opponents. You rush constantly to get to them, stay in their face, take them out/distract them knowing you'll die doing so, rinse and repeat. The gun has a 3-shot Splat just like the Tentatek and the Splattershot Pro does, and while you're hindered by range, in a high-tension ranked game such as Rainmaker, having a distinct position such as i've described (Fastest Distraction/Sweeper) your team should have a lot less to worry about since you're something they cannot ignore or else they're immediately set back.

Hope this reaches out to anyone, it's never failed me (only my teams does that, huehue.) IMO, as usual.
Sploosh can be amazing used that way. Not just RM, any mode. Played most of the last splatfest as a speed Sploosh! I tend to face issues in RM with teams that don't properly prioritize turf control. But if I switch to an all turf weapon, we tend to fall behind in kills. Sploosh is the only weapon that can really fulfill both criteria reliably.

Mains: :wst_shot_gravity00::wst_shot_normal01:
Subs: :wst_charge_longscp01::wst_shot_first00:

Currently working on the Fresh Squiffer because it's such a good weapon
I WANT to love the Fresh Squiffer. I can do fairly well with Fresh Squiffer. But I keep ending up with the same problem: What can it do that Splat charger/splatterscope can't do from farther away beyond reach ohko charge a little faster? Both have an effective 2hko at close range. And then bamboozler has the same 2hko faster and from farther away. I like it because it's fun to use, but in terms of practical sense, it's hard to justify over the other two.

For me sploosh, splat charger, and bamboozler mk1/3 all make the list. Vanilla hydra has to be right up there though. Give it some swim speed and it can be a great friend in RM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom