• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

What's your favorite weapon to main?

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ree
I love using my New squiffer, I have almost 4m+ turf inked with it! (This is in splatoon 2) I love the baller that comes with it as well, it's an epic combination. I also use motion control, it's pretty fun to do 360°'s with squiffers as well. I'll have to share a video with you guys some time ❤
FB_IMG_1622988873085.jpg

Elbowtross

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
elbowtross256
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8505-2901
In Splatoon 1 my favorites were the Slosher, 52. Gal, and Custom Dual Squelcher. I used them for zones, tc, and rainmaker respectively. I loved slosher for its ability to kill in the strangest of locations and how intuitive it was to play. 52. I used mostly when I needed some raw power and to deal with port mackerel. Custom dual was my favorite as it allowed for a hugely mobile playstyle that didn't sacrifice range from the main weapon.

In Splatoon 2 it's a little harder to say. I like Kensa 52. because it reminds me of 52 from Splat1. I would say I enjoy playing Octobrush and Hydra quite a bit in this game. Octobrush has that mobility that I find lacking on a lot of weapons in 2 (esp. Octoveau) And Custom hydra is just such a powerhouse and ink mines in its set allows it to be extra cheeky.

samaya

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2437-6092-3911
dapple dullies lol i win more

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
Kensa splattershot, because I like doing frontline stuff and the sub and special combo really works well for my style. Suction bombs don't roll and stay in place while dealing more damage (countless hours spent in salmon run help with accuracy and being able to aim quickly), and tenta missiles can force people to move while providing a legitimate wallhack. Being able to back off and fire them as you're falling down lets you stay safe and get back into fights quickly.

Riouvee

Inkling
I like any of the .52's and .72s

I don't have a favourite sub and special for them, since it depends on how I feel that day of playing.

Been using the .52s since splatoon 1, so they hold a spot in my heart forever.

samaya

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2437-6092-3911
soo true! .52 gal helped me get s rank in splatoon 1 and .52 and .92 gals are overpoweer

Hamburgify

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5425-4391-5812
Kensa sloshing machine splashdown while not good is fun and i love Fizzy bomb

Sharky

Inkling
NNID
tfender3
Switch Friend Code
SW-5144-3805-2032
Clash Blaster Neo for sure

HighColorSunset

Pro Squid
NNID
AmazingStrange9
Switch Friend Code
SW-0416-0878-7104
Before my big break from playing I pretty much mained Clear Dapple Dualies but I'm not sure now. (Especially since I love Splashdown but I'm not great with knowing what to do with Torpedoes...) I generally play Shooters, Dualies, Brushes and Sloshers (apart from the Explosher, not a huge fan) but I occasionally try other weapons as well.

Lynx-

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6899-1684-1967
I don't really have any mains, but I play areospray too much for me not to main it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom