1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

What's your opinion on Moray Towers?

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by Stardust-Sonic, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Stardust-Sonic

Stardust-Sonic Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Stardust-Sonic
    I see so many people hate this map for many reasons (sometimes to the point of wanting this map out of the game). And yet, I see some other people who love this map, let alone are fine with it.

So I want to know your opinion : if you do, why do you hate Moray Towers ? Give me proper arguments, please.

And if you do like Moray Towers, then what do you like about this map?

Personally, I'm fine with this map, so long as I can plant squid beakons where I usually do around the map since Splatoon 1 and jump to them. (now if only my team mates paid attention to those ...)

2. Tank

Tank Inkling

NNID:
    Tank95
    Well for one its not the **** map port is. Moray is playable

3. Cephalobro

Cephalobro Inkling Fleet Admiral

I don't like Moray Towers because it has too much verticality. At least in Splatoon 2, you were able to avoid snipers a little bit easier. Although in recent times I hate it less, it's still a chore to go back to your area around spawn area without super jumping. Brushes who keep invading your area are still annoying because of this.

4. Chilly_Blu

Chilly_Blu Inkling

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0051-2661-0160
    I personally like moray towers, but sometimes it can be annoying when you're disengaging and you fall off the map or get cornered. That's really a problem that can apply to most maps though. Other than that I think it's an inventive map that's fun to play on.

5. radio-fashion

radio-fashion Full Squid

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3797-5332-9696
    I love Moray Towers, but I have obvious bias- I'm a scoped e-litre main, and it's so easy to hit where most people are from this one specific ledge, and I can set up mines on my blindspots to let me know if someone is coming my way. It's my favourite map for that reason, tbh!

6. banyochan

banyochan Inkster Jr.

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6259-3813-8693
    The map can be quite annoying in splat zones, as there's one platform next to the splat zones where enemies can basically spawn camp you, and if you dare to sidestep them, they can take you down from high ground where they have massive advantage over you, and possibly charged up specials. Basically, whoever is the first one to pull that off gets an easy victory.