• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

What's your opinion on Moray Towers?

Stardust-Sonic

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Stardust-Sonic
I see so many people hate this map for many reasons (sometimes to the point of wanting this map out of the game). And yet, I see some other people who love this map, let alone are fine with it.

So I want to know your opinion : if you do, why do you hate Moray Towers ? Give me proper arguments, please.

And if you do like Moray Towers, then what do you like about this map?

Personally, I'm fine with this map, so long as I can plant squid beakons where I usually do around the map since Splatoon 1 and jump to them. (now if only my team mates paid attention to those ...)

Tank

Inkling
NNID
Tank95
Well for one its not the **** map port is. Moray is playable

Cephalobro

I don't like Moray Towers because it has too much verticality. At least in Splatoon 2, you were able to avoid snipers a little bit easier. Although in recent times I hate it less, it's still a chore to go back to your area around spawn area without super jumping. Brushes who keep invading your area are still annoying because of this.

Chilly_Blu

SRL Intern
Switch Friend Code
SW-0051-2661-0160
I personally like moray towers, but sometimes it can be annoying when you're disengaging and you fall off the map or get cornered. That's really a problem that can apply to most maps though. Other than that I think it's an inventive map that's fun to play on.

radio-fashion

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3797-5332-9696
I love Moray Towers, but I have obvious bias- I'm a scoped e-litre main, and it's so easy to hit where most people are from this one specific ledge, and I can set up mines on my blindspots to let me know if someone is coming my way. It's my favourite map for that reason, tbh!

banyochan

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6259-3813-8693
The map can be quite annoying in splat zones, as there's one platform next to the splat zones where enemies can basically spawn camp you, and if you dare to sidestep them, they can take you down from high ground where they have massive advantage over you, and possibly charged up specials. Basically, whoever is the first one to pull that off gets an easy victory.

SacredWarrior

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SacredWarrior88
Switch Friend Code
SW-5006-3355-6621
Moray Towers favors chargers far too much and like someone else mentioned, it's an absolute pain in Splat Zones! It's borderline unfair honestly!

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Necro of the dead forum.

As for Moray Towers. Honestly, the Splatoon 2 iteration isn't that bad, expanding certain areas branching off from central with less leaps of faith helped a lot in making it more tolerable. Additionally the change to the map in Splat Zones is a very welcome one. Splat Zones Moray Tower in Splatoon 1 was probably the most deplorable map due to how far the zones were from each other. The single zone format is a lot better, especially for my Heavy Splatling Deco self.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom