• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 What's your opinion on the Kensa Charger?

Weavile

Inkster Jr.
When I first saw the kit I was disappointed. Baller in a Charging weapon again? But visiting the inkademy discord and finding some builds for it, I may try it out after all. I'm used to the main weapon but I mostly use the Vanilla so I may have problems being with a special that is the complete opposite of the charger I normally use.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Personally, I'm not a fan of baller either, but it does provide a decent option as a panic button or (suicidal) push in clam blitz. Sprinkler is a sub I've always wanted on a charger, and it makes painting that much easier and can act as a decoy or bait to flush out opponents. As for the weapon as a whole, I think it's a glorified concoction of the Custom e3k+Kelp charger of splat 1. It also has the best design of all the Kensa weapons (the predominantly black color scheme of the others make them almost straining to look at with the small white details.)

AisforAnon

Inkling
@Metasepia agreed on all fronts.

@Weavile The Kensa Charger is a big squiffer and there's nothing else to it. You're hardly a backliner anymore. You don't have the tools and stats to be aggressive like the New Squiffer, but you're a tactical machine like the Classic. Painting is so much easier with the sub. Baller is good for pushing back slayers and also air dropping in blackbelly, musselforge, moray, reef, etc., especially in Moray when you need to take mid quickly.

You slay the slayers with this weapon. Control the flow of the game. Don't hang out in the back, flit in and out of different places throwing sprinklers and taking shots.

IMO people shun the weapon for its seemingly counterintuitive kit, but I disagree. It's not just a fresh coat of paint that only looks cool.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
I'm glad to have my Kelp Charger back!

But that Baller... I don't know...

"Alright, everyone hold up while I move to the front for a sec!" *explodes* ” Okay, I'm done, let me bugger off now. Ack, stop chasing me you bullies! Teammates, why are you jumping to me now that I'm at the front!?"

It's a learning experience, that's for certain. But at least it's gives me a nice excuse to wear Drop Roller shoes. Might make a DR pair with all MPU subs. Hmmm...

BreadBandit

Inkling
I've been trying out the weapon, and I've found it to be enjoyable.

Splat Charger's nice range, coupled with the sprinkler allows for some great defensive presence. The splat charger alone is already a really useful tool for countering literally every other ranged weapon besides the E-Liter. As the splatlings are all outranged, and so is the jet squelcher and squeezer. Not to mention, a single shot can take all of these slow weapons out. But this kit really shines with the baller, letting you finally push up without much risk.

It's a get out of jail free card, or it can be your strategy to take back the objective with a massive amount of burst paint and walling potential. While Baller isn't a standard for backline weapons, I think it carries it's weight with the charger.

SilverBrick

Pro Squid
NNID
SilverBrick
Seems more useful in vertical maps, where the Sprinkler is harder to hit and you can drop on opponents’ heads with the Baller. I’ll have to try staying on the top of Shellendorf at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom