• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 When Would Be A Good Time To Start Actually Start Competitive?

Sound Squalis

Inkster Jr.
I'm not a very new face, but I would like to enter a tournament and start actually contributing to the Splatoon (esp the competitive community) this year. I'm very familiar with the Meta (although I personally despise it at this point) and I've leveled up considerably fast for someone who got the game on Christmas. I'm only on A-Rank for all of the ranked modes (except Clam Blitz) but I would really like to get myself more out-there and maybe start a youtube channel.

I have a decent idea on how to start (although I am lacking in some elements bc I'm not taken seriously), I'm just not sure when.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Basically just get to S+, get a few players, and start scrimming. The faster you allow other teams to get to know you, the faster you'll get "popular" in the community. Most of the community is on Discord and Twitter, so try and make yourself know throughout those mediums.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Anytime
It's your choice
Exactly!

The greatest thing holding you back from starting is yourself. But it doesn't matter when you begin so long as you begin.

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
If you're still winning consistently in A-ranks, you can try going for S+.

When that's done: Just go for it. Make a youtube channel and show the community your way through the S+ jungle. See how far you get. Any contribution that brings the word out there is already helping. You don't need to wait until you're S+ 50. You can do it now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom