• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Where can you write Nintendo?

Silvaro

Inkling
NNID
Aron-Com-ID
Is it possible to write nintendo about glitches and overpowered weapons that need to be nerfed? And do they listen and take you seriously? Thank you :)

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
Is it possible to write nintendo about glitches and overpowered weapons that need to be nerfed? And do they listen and take you seriously? Thank you :)
If u find a cool glitch and make a youtube vid of it its virtually a lock to get it patched.

Heart of Ice

Semi-Pro Squid
What weapon(s) are you having problems with? I might be able to give you a pointer.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
You could try paper, or on a chalkboard.

Otherwise, there really is no way. You can contact Nintendo support and suggest things, but it then has to go to Nintendo Japan where it will likely never get looked at.

Not even ZeRo (the best Super Smash Bros. Wii U player in the world) was able to get anything through, really.

Silvaro

Inkling
NNID
Aron-Com-ID
What weapon(s) are you having problems with? I might be able to give you a pointer.
The only really problem I have are the splash-o-matics. Why has their range been increased and why has their spread been reduced? Now so many people are using it and it feels like playing with the N-ZAP. I want the splash-o-matics before the 2.7.0 update back sooo bad :'(

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I strongly doubt Nintendo takes requests to nerf 'op' weapons, most of the examples that have been genuinely overpowered in the past (E-Liter, Splash Walls, Tentatek or anything with Inkzooka really) have been filtered out already. There's really nothing OP left in the game, tier lists still exist of course but whenever people scream overpowered it's usually because they can't handle a specific weapon yet. Chargers are a common target.

Don't stick to one weapon, try out multiple ones. Splash-O's have little range so it's a good idea to pick up weapons like Pro/Splatling to help with maps/modes where range really matters.

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Simple solution: learn how others play weapons you struggle with, and learn how to cover up those issues whilst exploiting weaknesses in their playstyle. The Splash is not an OP weapon, it isn't even top tier for quite a few reasons. As Elecmaw has stated there are no OP weapons anymore, we've come a long way since May 30th 2015, we've had new weapons, new maps, new gear, new modes, and constant balance changes for at least 14 months. I don't know what mode you're playing or what rank you are, but I rarely see Splash's, and when I do it's usually the Neo because it's the superior version. The Splash has less range than the N-ZAP and Splattershot, a slower strafe and doesn't really have any viable points against most weapons. All you need to do is learn how to play against weapons rather than cry how they're OP and need nerfing. Nintendo and the Splatoon devs are done with Splatoon, any patches now are just bug fixes, now that Colour Splash is out there's only one game left for Wii U from Ninty and it's BOTW. All focus is shifting to the NX so no changes will be done.

TL;DR: Learn how to beat other weapons, no more balance patches are coming, Nintendo is finished with this game and all focus is on NX

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
Splooshes are common in A level zones for some reason...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom