• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Where shall I snipe?  A guide to sniping locations Part 2

Maps Where shall I snipe? A guide to sniping locations Part 2

Grimlai

Senior Squid
NNID
SVC_Grimlai
Grimlai submitted a new guide:

Where shall I snipe? A guide to sniping locations Part 2 - Sniping locations, RELOADED. Learn even more places to charge. *Image heavy*

Welcome back to the two part series Where Shall I Snipe, a pair of guides that are all about location, location, location. In this guide, I will describe to you some good sniping positions of Urchin Underpass and Walleye Warehouse. I will also cover the newer maps as they come out in this part, so keep an eye out!

Urchin Underpass
View attachment 926

A: A covers both D and the pathway from your base to B, which are your opponent's only two options in Turf War to enter the...
Read more about this guide...

Grimlai

Senior Squid
NNID
SVC_Grimlai
Grimlai updated Where shall I snipe? A guide to sniping locations Part 2 with a new update entry:

TODO [posted 7/18]

Joining Saltspray Rig in the list of Maps-that-I-forgot-to-do, Bluefin Depot will have its guide come out tomorrow, on the account of *ahem* research. Happy Splatfest!
Read the rest of this update entry...

*coughcough* Did I say "tomorrow?" Because I meant to say, "when I can find a map of Bluefin Depot." Seriously, Moray Towers is newer and its maps are more common. Geez.

On that note, if someone could get me a map of Bluefin Depot, that would be splendid.

Last edited:

Squirty

Full Squid
NNID
Squirty
Cool, dude!

Actually, I've found that the ramps on either side of the center of the stage in Bluefin Depot can serve as interesting snipe points, especially for splat zones...

Grimlai

Senior Squid
NNID
SVC_Grimlai
Cool, dude!

Actually, I've found that the ramps on either side of the center of the stage in Bluefin Depot can serve as interesting snipe points, especially for splat zones...
Cool, I'll have to test that! I've been planning on grinding for the Splatling Gun tomorrow, so I'll (hopefully) be able to test this.

Phlox

Senior Squid
NNID
PhloxofBirds
Absolutely great guide, and I actually learned some great points here. Thank you very much for it.

I'd like to suggest some sniping spots I found useful. For Urchin Underpass, your ramp in the middle is (in my opinion) quite good for shooting between the wall and inflatable barrel or for countersniping, since you also have the cover to your left if you need it. For Flounder Heights, anywhere on top of that complex is good, however, the spots on either side of the grate facing your opponent is particularly good for me, as the tiny bit of cover allows me to hide from snipers at the B spots. The top of the enemy ramp could also really help a lot, however you're still very vulnerable from flanks coming from the enemy D and enemies that get from below up to the ramp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom