• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Which weapon makes you salty

97Stephen

Pro Squid
Honestly none of the the weapons make me salty. Sure, some weapons are really strong, but they all can be defeated. If I keep getting defeated by a particular weapon I think about what I'm doing wrong, and use that knowledge to change how I fight that weapon. It's best not to get salty, it never helped my gameplay.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Not a weapon per se, but the Inkzooka. E-Liters need to charge and aim carefully to get a kill, while the Inkzooka just shoots quickly with relatively large hitboxes. It just always seems to surprise me and splat me/force me to hide in the corner for the next ten seconds. The fact that everyone and their dog uses the Tentatek just means more Inkzookas to get shot by.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Luna Blaster lately. I'm a tower rider. Should I be running defense ups? Whats a good way to counter?

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Avoid the Luna XD Or have something like a .52/.96 gal. I really dunno
E-Liters and the scope variant. I hate them so much
Yeah fleeing is a surprisingly difficult tactic to get down. I usually use Splattershot Jr when I ride the tower so I can rain splat bombs and bubble through a rough patch. Knowing when to bail and retreat is still a work in progress though xD

SlimeTech

Inkling
NNID
yavinmoon
Definitely the Luna. You barely have to aim with it. Just shoot twice in their general direction and they are dead.

Ambunny

Inkling
NNID
Ambunnie
Definitely blasters (esp Luna) on TC the most. I can't hardly ever escape in time after the first nondirect hit before the second one pops me :C It's especially frustrating going up against a team of 2 or more blasters and all of their blast offspray crosses and you get insta-killed despite not getting directly hit. It makes riding the tower extra-dangerous.

Of course though, I love when my team has lots of blasters on TC. Haha.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Mainly the .52 Gal and the .96 Gal Deco. It's not even because of the weapons themselves it's mainly the Splash Walls, because a semi-spmammable bubbler is pretty annoying to go up against (and the .96 deco also has that additional safety net via Kraken which makes it even more difficult to go up against).

Aside from that, probably the Inkzooka... those hitboxes man... :confused:

Squix

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
DetSweg
Pretty much the same as you, lel, and 2 chargers covering each others blind spots.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
Brushes. I've died more times to brushes than anything else. Buckets are right up there with them.

As for using them, I get frustrated with the E-Liter. Everyone I meet seems to use it really well, but I just can't hit anything with it. Idk why. I don't have that problem with the other chargers.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
From using: Probably the Squiffer. I've tried using it multiple times and it just doesn't work well for me. The Inkbrush and Jet Sqquelcher are up there too, although I haven't used them since June so I can't say for certain.

From fighting against: Definitely the .96 Gal. No weapon should have that much range, power, and easily-patched-up weaknesses. Everything else I can handle reasonably well.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
Dynamo Rollers and Gold Dynamo Rollers make me sooooooo salty. Probably cause I'm usually a carbon roller and I feel like I have no hope against them.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
1: Dynamos.
2: e-liters.
3: Blasters.

Reasons?
1: Too much hit box
2: Too much hit box
3: Too much hit box

What they all have in common?
Too much hit box, and one shots you. ;;

...and anything with Bubbler.

GlitchDeity

Inkling
NNID
DekuMask
Dynamo Rollers. I just can't learn how to fight them. They feel like they should be a special weapon! like, the roller version of the Inkzooka.
Other than that, Gal weapons splat me faster than I realize they could, but that's only if they're in good position for an easy splat.

But really, I hate getting salty and find that if I focus more on why/how they get me so much, I can slowly Learn to deal with them.

The most salty thing is dying from the same player over and over again.

Jakkie

Full Squid
U̶h̶h̶,̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶P̶h̶l̶o̶g̶i̶s̶t̶i̶n̶a̶t̶o̶r̶?̶

Probably most Rollers, since i'm a little rusty at paying attention. ;/

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
Carbon Roller, mostly. Too much range for how fast its flick is.

Well, maybe not, but it sure gets my goat all the same.

Oh, and E-Liters, but only on certain maps, especially Moray and Triggerfish.

NNID
m0nkeyd0g
More than anything else, blasters...ughh

I used to get salty when chargers splatted me, but since, I've become more vigilant and can dodge them most of the time.

Also, getting splatted by a nozzlenose variant always leaves me feeling violated in a way. Kind of like: "Isn't that weapon supposed to suck?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom