• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Which weapon will you be maining in Splatoon 2?

HySquid

Full Squid
NNID
mob362
I'll be using the Splattershot. I've been maining it since Splatoon 1.

It can 3 hit kill, has good range, good fire-rate, and is the embodiment of Turf War.

By the way are we going to be able to edit the special abilities for our weapons? I don't want to fill my backpack with skins. -_-

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I doubt the line-up in my signature will change all that much unless a new weapon/loadout really surprises me.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
If there is a Splattershot with splat bombs with a fitting special, it will likely be my main. The Wasabi Splattershot is my favorite weapon in the first game. I'm going to miss the inkstrike, but it's not as important as the gun and sub combo which is the core of the weapon to me.

I plan to get into the dualies too since they look like a lot of fun, and I'll put a lot of time into the Splash-o-matic since the original is the only weapon I maxed out to 999999 in the first game.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
If they come back with a range blaster + burst bomb kit, I'll definitely main it. I don't really care what the special is, because I didn't need to rely on my special with the Grim.

However, if another weapon comes out with great one shot potential, I'll try to use it.

ZEROrevive

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ZEROrevive
Switch Friend Code
SW-0412-8620-8627
If the Carbon rollers kit remains good, I'll still use that (I'm worried about lack of burst bombs if that happens...) And the Inkbrush of course. I do hope they make MORE types of Inkbrushes too...it felt like it didn't get enough attention in the first game.

The Splat Roller looks good as well with it's kit, so I'll give that a shot. Dualies will be experimented with too, although I'm not too certain on how my skills will be with it.

Joasa

Depressed Squid
Probably stick with Dynamo, slosher family, and Octobrush, although I'll test run the dualies (like everyone else, and stink with them).

then again with the option to go beat every story mode level with every type of weapon, maybe I'll improve myself and start using more types of weapons since it seems we.have a legitimate way to train now

Bttmfeeder

Inkling
NNID
Dxmkrew
I'd love to pick up the splat charger again, but I'm not sure if I can work with the sting ray. I was not a fan of it during the test fire, at all.

My goal going in will be to get good with a blaster, charger and splatling.

squiddoodly

Full Squid
I started using blasters recently and I admit i'm getting pretty good with it. So I'd like to get more into the blaster family in Splatoon 2. My main in Splatoon was the Tentatek Splattershot but I kinda wanna break away from the Splattershot family now.

The Splat Duelies look pretty cool though, so I might try to explore that too.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
I know the dual guns might become a main for me, since I love frisking around and dodging every attack while I pull up behind my opponent. (Yeah, that's me...)

Of course inkbrush, slosher, bamboozler, dynamo and so forth is going to be tested. They had their subs changed and it made me slightly worried if my usual strategy is going to be messed up regardless of my play style. At this point, I am expecting a major game change for myself.

shani

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
shani_ace
How am I supposed to know which weapon(s) will be my main(s) when the game isn't released yet?

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
I am gonna be a giant noob to this game, as all I did was gamefly the original and play the campaign, so I do not even have much to go off of. Hmm...in the test fire I REALLY loved the duelies...but mainly because I loved getting up high somewhere and spamming the curling bombs. From what I understand, the sub weapon for the duelies has changed, and I do not know what uses the curling bomb now. I can adapt to most weapons, but I really prefer the close up heavy hitters honestly. This that require little aim as long as you are in their face. Sooooo without considering sub weapons, I like the idea of the Slosher and the Roller.

Creator438

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Creator438
then again with the option to go beat every story mode level with every type of weapon, maybe I'll improve myself and start using more types of weapons since it seems we.have a legitimate way to train now
[/QUOTE]

In all honesty story mode likely won't be a good way to train in Splat 2. In Splatoon 1 it was only good for training your movement, but if you wanted to train with chargers or rollers off the amiibo challenges, they really weren't too helpful. This is becase the Octarians are way too easy to kill, and you really don't have to expend any effort into killing them (search "I've Met Cats and Dogs Smarter than the Octarians" on google), but when you play against actual players, you have to play well in order to kill them. Now I have no idea how tough the sequel's single player will actually be, but I'm guessing it won't be that tough. Hoping it's a bit tougher, which would make it more badass, but it still probably won't be better for getting good with a weapon class. You could say it helps with aim, but I don't really see how it would help your aim against inklings, which you're practicing to aim at, when the Octarians move much differently, much slower, and much more predictably. If you want to learn new weapon types, the best way to train with it (or them) is to play it online, stick with the weapon, and when you get confident enough with it, play ranked. The real point of it is to improve yourself, not to get the best rank and equate it to how good you are.

As of now, Splattershot looks to be the main, but if our lord and savior FLC mentions a better equivalent, I'm jumping on that. But I'll be looking for that, too. I also plan to pick up Dynamo because it's just a good weapon, and I wanna pick up Splatlings b/c Splat 2 vanilla Heavy is very strong.

Creator438

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Creator438
I'd love to pick up the splat charger again, but I'm not sure if I can work with the sting ray. I was not a fan of it during the test fire, at all.

My goal going in will be to get good with a blaster, charger and splatling.
I'd recommend against chargers. You can choose to do it if you want to, but so far the maps in Splatoon 2 are designed so chargers have a much harder time than in Splatoon 1, which they did because E-Liter was running rampant for the longest time and the maps favored it in basically every way. Plus, you're trying to get good with a weapon that demands way too much perfection, which isn't that bad if you get started at release, but you'd want to practice it as early as possible. You don't want to be missing shots so often that you can't help your team with your main weapon.

Highly recommend going for the other two though. The splatling we've already seen is currently top tier and the vanilla blaster is actually quite decent.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'd recommend against chargers. You can choose to do it if you want to, but so far the maps in Splatoon 2 are designed so chargers have a much harder time than in Splatoon 1, which they did because E-Liter was running rampant for the longest time and the maps favored it in basically every way. Plus, you're trying to get good with a weapon that demands way too much perfection, which isn't that bad if you get started at release, but you'd want to practice it as early as possible. You don't want to be missing shots so often that you can't help your team with your main weapon.

Highly recommend going for the other two though. The splatling we've already seen is currently top tier and the vanilla blaster is actually quite decent.
That's a hell of a lot of opinions you have there for a game that isn't out yet. I think you're jumping the gun just a tad, especially with the comment on maps when we've only seen six.

Creator438

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Creator438
That's a hell of a lot of opinions you have there for a game that isn't out yet. I think you're jumping the gun just a tad, especially with the comment on maps when we've only seen six.
Well the maps thing is probably going to hold true to at least some of the others. I didn't mean to imply all the maps are going to be like that, but we can reasonably infer that's going to be the case for some. It already is for the six we've seen. The charger thing is true no matter what, the Heavy Splatling is definitely a top tier weapon at the moment with its crazy ability to paint and maybe the blaster opinion is wrong, but it does have Splash Down so it's almost like how CRB has Kraken. So I can't really agree that I'm jumping the gun on... really anything.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
How is something "top tier" when there's nothing else to compare it to currently? The tournament kits have no guarantee of being in the final product, to say nothing of weapons we haven't seen yet. And how do perch-heavy Inkblot Academy and proverbial charger haven Moray Towers make it harder for chargers? You're entitled to your opinions but I have to question them.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
How is something "top tier" when there's nothing else to compare it to currently?
So true.

The Heavy Splatling we've seen so far resembles the Heavy Remix in splatoon 1, which seemed okay, but definitely not something to call top tier. We only know 11 weapons so far, that might be subject to change (I highly doubt it though), compared to splatoon 1's list of 32 launch weapons. So, calling something top tier for a game that isn't even out yet is a bit premature. Even though the heavy splatling in splat 2 does show promise with it's coverage, it's the only weapon we know of right now that has sprinkler on it. And the only weapons we know that can cover about as much are the dynamo and the octobrush. Still though, implying something is "top tier" means that we have a firm grasp on the meta, which we don't. The nerf to quick respawn could make snipers more viable, making a meta emphasizing on getting picks.

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233
Honestly I am going to try not to "main" a weapon this time around, but become better balanced with multiple weapons, so I can better understand the mechanics of each.
With the new balances and we nerf I might even give the splattershot and dynamo a go.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Disregarding dualies and other potential new weapon classes for the sake of ease and brevity...

I'll most likely end up where I have in splatoon 1:
All around weapon use, but with a slight favoring to rollers/brushes and splatlings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom