• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Who Touched My Gun? 6 Things you need to know about playing a Splatling.

Weapons Who Touched My Gun? 6 Things you need to know about playing a Splatling.

Grimlai

Senior Squid
NNID
SVC_Grimlai
Grimlai submitted a new guide:

Who Touched My Gun? 6 Things you need to know about playing a Splatling. - The Splatling; is it a Charger? Is it a Shooter? Whatever it is, learn how to use it here.

The Splatling Gun is an elegant fusion of the Shooters and the Chargers, while still maintaining its own identity very well. That being said, since the Splatling Gun is (as of publication) the only one of its kind, I believe that at least a basic primer on the weapon I lovingly refer to as Splasha is called for. Here are 6 of the things that I believe everyone who picks up a Splatling should learn.

1. It's a gateway Charger. If one were to take the range and charge rate of a...
Read more about this guide...

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
I've found that if you play it like a cross between a squelcher and charger it's the most easy way to get a grasp of it. For inking paths, basically you just charge a small bit and create a path instead of charging fully and standing still for 10 seconds.

I would not say it's good at all once someone is like, roller flick distance from you unless you are charged to some degree and have a wall up. While the time to charge 5 shots is somewhat short, you have to hit every single one to get the splat, and you don't have much in the way of a gtfo move if they get around your wall or otherwise surprise you/start juking you out. You're basically screwed unless you can get away or they screw up, and the amount of weapons that can do this to you are pretty numerous.

Oh and don't underestimate the single uncharged paint blob you have! If you've ever had to fend someone off with uncharged charger shots, it's a similar concept. Also great for hitting small spots on walls or to give yourself ink to stand on.

Mr. Kibbles

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Script_Raider
I've found that if you play it like a cross between a squelcher and charger it's the most easy way to get a grasp of it. For inking paths, basically you just charge a small bit and create a path instead of charging fully and standing still for 10 seconds.

I would not say it's good at all once someone is like, roller flick distance from you unless you are charged to some degree and have a wall up. While the time to charge 5 shots is somewhat short, you have to hit every single one to get the splat, and you don't have much in the way of a gtfo move if they get around your wall or otherwise surprise you/start juking you out. You're basically screwed unless you can get away or they screw up, and the amount of weapons that can do this to you are pretty numerous.

Oh and don't underestimate the single uncharged paint blob you have! If you've ever had to fend someone off with uncharged charger shots, it's a similar concept. Also great for hitting small spots on walls or to give yourself ink to stand on.
Yes, if you maintain the distance required for a squelcher to succeed in most engagements you'll do well. I've seen allot more chargers in play now that Gatling has become somewhat popular, so I like to use the Splatwalls to inch close enough to connect with a charged blast or get back into some cover. The best thing is that you can lock down areas faster than enemies can lay down ink if you shoot at optimal choke points. I've won several matches just by covering entry ways to the midfield and it's very difficult for enemies to push through the rapid fire barrages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom