• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Why are Nozzlenoses sorted behind blasters if they're considered shooters?

McSquid82

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
I noticed this when I sort my weapons while picking one out for the session. The game always groups them, along with the Squeezer, behind all my blasters whenever I do this. Are they really
that much different from normal shooters to be treated as an unofficial class by the game's coding?

the

Inkling Commander
I guess since they’re burst-fire weapons the game treats them as a different class. Weird how they’re after blasters instead of shooters though.

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
It's because Nozzlenoses and Blasters are both considered shooters from the game's sorting algorithm. You can also tell this on the victory screens, because your inkling holds them using the same animation.

Just because they're classed as "shooters" though, doesn't mean they have to have similar playstyles.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Shooters are a very generalized classification of weapon. Basically involving anything that isn't a Charger, Splatling, Roller, Slosher, Dualie, or Brella. But then there are distinctive classifications within that overarching "Shooter" type. These sub-categories are:
  • Rapid fire
  • Blaster
  • Nozzlenose (which the Squeezer is a part of)
If there are any other sub-categories of shooter, I haven't been made aware of them and I have been playing for quite some time. If someone knows more about that topic, please let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom