1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Hi Guest,

As of June 3rd you will no longer be able to log in to Squidboards using your Smashboards account. Please take a look at the announcement for additional details

Why Did You Choose That Username?

Discussion in 'The Crispy Calamari - Off-Topic Discussion' started by ZypkerGaming, Aug 16, 2015.

1. ZypkerGaming

ZypkerGaming Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    ZypkerGaming
    All you have to do is explain why you chose the username you go by.

Since I go by the name Zypker here (which I created in an attempt to have a futuristic name type of thing), I thought I'd put my username as ZypkerGaming, just for the official pizazziness.

2. Nozzles

Nozzles Cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.

Wanted a name that isn't commonly used, as well as just generally liking the word.

3. ILikeKirbys

ILikeKirbys Inkling Commander

NNID:
    ILikeKirbys
    Because I like Kirby. The s is just there because I felt like adding an s at the end.

4. Agadez

Agadez Octobrush Crackerjack

NNID:
    AgadezXX
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6876-4856-7669

My username is actually a song track from my favorite band. :V

Mendax likes this.
  5. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Inkling Commander

NNID:
    Litagano
    I played Cave Story.

6. Trieste Sp

Trieste Sp Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

It's a code name given to me in a dream I had years ago.

It was odd.

7. YesI'mTaco34

YesI'mTaco34 Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    YesImTaco
    Rage Quit - Battlefield 3

8. Reila

Reila Inkling Fleet Admiral

It is the name of a song.

9. Dish

Dish Full Squid

NNID:
    Englannd
    It's my tag I use to play competitive melee, was a nickname given to me at my last job.

10. Kbot

Kbot Full-time TO
    Event Organizer Moderator

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-7867-5047-8101
    Parts of my real name thrown together. Eh, I guess it works.

11. Squiglet

Squiglet Inkling

Mine might be a tad bit offensive to some but oh well. I call my nephews "my little niglets" (we all are part african-american). Don't worry, it's playful.
    Squiglet is a play on that word.

I love it! :p

12. Psycho_Wendigo

Psycho_Wendigo Resident World Devourer

NNID:
    PyschoWendigo
    It's my webname, I use it on all the sites I visit, or just Wendigo when brevity is required

I think wendigos are cool, I was first introduced to them in the novel quoted in my signature, (part of a fantastic series btw, if dark, also, Supernatural did to wendigos what Twilight did to vampires)

13. Electra

Electra Inkling

NNID:
    caysapferg
    Electra Heart is amazing so i decided i'd go by that name. I usually go by Hibikaze/Caysapferg but i figured a change would be nice

14. Joseph Staleknight

Joseph Staleknight Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    JStaleknight
    Back when I played chess I took two terms from the game ("stalemate" and "knight") and shoved them together. Later, I picked a first name that would sound good with it.

Meanwhile, I found what would become my "crossbar S" logo from a font specimen book I owned (I'm way big on fonts as well). There was a specimen on the font SkreechCaps where the capital S also had a crossbar. I ended up adapting that to a cleaner font to make it look nicer.

15. Grimlai

Grimlai Senior Squid

NNID:
    SVC_Grimlai
    When I was younger, I was WAY into Bionicle. I ended up creating my own custom Bionicles that I would end up loving, and one of them I called Conanon (based on Conan the Barbarian. I have an awesome dad.).I ended up using Conanon as my first internet handle, but ended up growing tired of it. A handle, for those who don't know, is a name that you frequently use on the internet. That's when I built my second Bionicle. I wanted to create a name that sounded cool, so I invented Grimlai as a name. That eventually took over Conanon as my handle, and has remained my handle ever since.

16. DarkGold777

DarkGold777 Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    DarkGold777
    The "Dark" part comes from my fondness of stuff that looks evil (black with purple and/or red or something similar, bat-like wings, fangs and sharp teeth, etc.), but is good and not acting evil at all (especially if it's a character proud of being a hero). The "Gold" part, on the other hand, comes from my love of Pittsburgh's sports teams (yeah, real shocker) and the fact that they, as well as Pittsburgh's flag itself, all share the color gold. As for the triple 7s... Seven's a cool number, and maybe it would give me luck to have three of them. :p I'm superstitious.

17. Now it's Reyn time!

NNID:
    RollerToaster97
    *in Australian accent* You can't have a rainbow without Reyn, baby!... But seriously, Reyn is the best character from Xenoblade Chronicles... Well, maybe after Riki... Maybe

18. Selkaine

Selkaine Inkling

NNID:
    Selkaine
    I was trying to come up with an MMO ign way back when my first laptop still could support games and do basic functions so I searched up goddess names I could go with but all of them were taken. I found one named "Selkit" which I liked the most since she was an Egyptian scorpion goddess and I am a Scorpio (as a young teenage girl, I was pretty into horoscopes then lol) but Selkit was taken too so I just kinda played around with it until I got Selkaine. Now, it or a variation has been my in-game-names for most games.

Not a fascinating story, but a story nonetheless.

VideoGameVirtuoso likes this.
  19. GBstep

GBstep Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    GBstep
    Back when I got to playing UMVC 3 competitively. I used to drop all the combos when I was starting out, and earned the name "gabstep" since "it's like dubstep, but instead of dropping the bass, he drops his combo". While the origins could've been a bit more glamorous, the handle didn't sound too bad and I decided to just roll with it. Shortened it to GBstep some time later.

20. ShinyTogetic

ShinyTogetic Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Maikaru
    I love the pokemon Togetic and it's shiny sprite in G/S/C

Shuggi likes this.