• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Why Did You Choose That Username?

miiiiyuuu

Inkling
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-0363-3436-1912
My username Miyuki , is because i really love japanese names.Miyuki has 1 meaning that i like ''Deep snow'' i never touched snow before,so that name was kind of emotional.It is also because Mi means my in spanish and yuki in japanese means ''snow'' or ''happiness'' ( i prefer more snow ) So it will be ''My Snow'' or ''My happiness'' .
Edit:its like ''mi yuki'' because i separated ''mi'' and ''yuki'' !

Last edited:

.Chocolate

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-8319-6524-5403
My nickname originates from my real name.

It's Csongor, and thats Csongi for short.

Chockolate is "csokolàdé" in my mother language and that is"csoki" for short.

Since Csongi and csoki sounds familiar my friends started to call me Csoki, and that's why I choose this nickname.

And also because everyone likes Chocolate... :)

Yin_

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2325-6454-5517
Yes that's part of it.

Along with that, I have always been interested in darkness and evil things, but also light and good things. I'm more focused on the darker side of things but still have my friends to be there for me.

Then I started to write a fanfic.

I had trouble thinking of ideas, but then my friend sent me a picture (attached down below) and I suddenly had an idea. I would write a fanfic about 2 inklings, one named Yin, and one named Yang. I began crafting the story carefully to go as much from the actual yin and yang concept. The only thing that I couldn't get right was the genders, but I had realized that yin wasn't supposed to be a girl later in the story. Anyway, Yin was basicly a inkling who loved to kill, rushed in and destroyed whatever what in his way. Yang on the other hand, was more cautious, attempting to make peace before attacking, moving smoothly through the battlefield. She was the more resourceful one. When I was writing this, I wrote Yin and my friend (a girl) wrote Yang. We worked in tandem and wrote in sessions, like we still do today.

Then comes the time I decide to join squidboards.

At first I had thought to be one of my other usernames from other websites and I decided to sleep on it. I woke up the next day feeling a little moody and decided to write while I waited for my friend to get up. I continued to write for a while and then decided to look at squidboards.

Then my friend sent me another picture of Yin (also down below). I realized it would make a great profile pic! I went along with the theme and made my username Yin.

I have changed my profile pic (@Shard made one for me) but I'll be rotating between the 2.

Well this took a loooooong time to write. Hope you enjoy
I just realized that nobody writes these things this long. Wow I don't have a life's XD

Vertigo95

Inkster Jr.
NNID
JRex95
Switch Friend Code
SW-3028-4629-7889
Vertigo is a condition that I suffer from.

The google definition of Vertigo is: ‘A sense that inside the head or the room is spinning, often triggered by changes in head position.’

I think it’s a lot better than JRex, a name I seldomly use these days.

Wallflowercat

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6647-4456-4981
I keep to myself so that's why 'wallflower' and I love cats so that's why 'cat'

The Milkmann

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-0550-5773-9417
I chose this name because I used to main a Mad Milk scout in tf2, and really liked the hat of the same name.

Kidnacho

Senior Squid
NNID
Kidnacho
Switch Friend Code
SW-3767-4369-9288
Mine comes from my dad's nickname "The Nacho"
I'm Nacho's kid, thus Kidnacho.

Amarae

Splatoon subreddit & discord Mod
Community Ambassador
NNID
Amiithystine
Switch Friend Code
SW-5344-8655-6309
I haven't seen this yet so I guess I'll chip in. My middle name in real life is Amadeus, mother wanted something musical from that era so that's what it is. In Latin this mean "To love god", the Feminine of this is Amadea (but no one would know what that is). In modern Italian Amare is "To love" but every girl and her mother already has that as their username for one thing or another. To solve this I use a bit of English phonetic trickery adding in Amarae which is phonetically identical and taken far less often.

Another common username I make use of is Amethystine /Amiithystine, and my common email address if AmethystineMelody@Gmail.com. My background in music (Yes my mother did get to raise her little musician) and my favourite colour being purple(Amethyst) are to blame for this. My boyfriend of now 3 years gave me the nickname "Amii" so I often use that as well.

Nick names among friends are just Amii, Miims, or Miimii depending on how close we are. Generally people find Amii (as in Amii-bo) much easier to pronounce than Amarae heh.

InklingJoe

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5084-9470-8912
I'll bite, though mine isn't nearly as interesting as Amarae's

Way back in the days of PlanetSide 1, I got tired of coming up with user names and embraced the anonymity of the internet. I started just naming myself after what I was doing. Thus PilotJoe, DrivingJoe and ExplodingJoe were born.

ExplodingJoe carried into tf2 where I played a lot of demo-man, and I just stuck with the theme. Occasionally I'll roll out as SunSworn, if the game I'm playing had a theocratic theme, but I like the low key feel of the Joe format... It blends in.

Nerdbird

Pro Squid
Mine’s quite simple really, although you could say that I didn’t REALLY think out what the implications were.

I meant it to combine two things I am/ like.
I am sort of a nerd.
I like birds (the animals, if you were wondering...)

And so my nickname was born....

NNID
ChrisH1994
Switch Friend Code
SW-4774-3187-2019
So I used to go by the name Lord Bababa for the longest time, but I eventually decided to go with my real name as a way to distinguish myself from the stupidity I put online when I was a teenager and also because it forces me to be sincere and honest since my name's there. Granted, there are some obvious privacy concerns in place...., but there's a lot of things I want to do in life that would unfortunately mean I have no privacy whatsoever, so I kind of was just like "eh, screw it."

Erebus

Full Squid
NNID
Grace
Switch Friend Code
SW-3893-5350-1423
from greekmythology.com: "Erebus was one of the primordial deities in Greek mythology, born out of the primeval void, Chaos. It was the personification of the deep darkness and shadows."

Seems to go with the whole squid lurking, coming out to do damage thing.

Also, Erebus is a really cool volcano in Antarctica.

Phichikapparho

Full Squid
NNID
Phichi
Decided to go with greek for my handle. I was tired of having my handles (stolen) used by other people in games and people i knew mistaking them for me.
Not the worst thing in the world but it did get annoying after awhile, it was more than just once or twice, and at least a couple times I'm pretty sure it was the same person.(ie someone that I knew personally but never found out who)

So I came up with something most people would have no idea about (thusly wont sound cool enough to take) and sounds cool to boot.

Phichikapparho when it will fit, and just "phichi" when it will not.

Phi- f
Chi- c
Kappa- k
Rho- r

Yes it means what you think it does. Greek does not have a u, and the e made the full word too long and didn't sound all that great rolling off the tongue either.

But now that I'm 30, it doesn't seem nearly as clever as it did 12+years ago.

Also it's what my friends usually call me when playing against them in games like this. (Ie. you f*******!)

It's been so long I don't want to change it to anything else.

D

Deleted Member

It's the name of my best friends cat (in my profile pic) and he's fearsome and deadly

Nyabby

Inkling
NNID
soulsilveraero
Switch Friend Code
SW-0354-4659-5697
It's the Japanese name for Litten from Pokemon, I thought it was cute so I started using that.

Wonderswan

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-1405-9660-4423
In middle school I got big into retro game consoles and whenever I would play an RPG I would name my characters after them, Colecovision, Vectrex, **** like that. Wonderswan was the one that took i guess.

DualBlade25

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Haser
Switch Friend Code
SW-0688-5884-4388
DualBlade25. I made it years ago when I started watching SAO. Don't worry. I didn't get past episode 7. 25 as my Bday falls on the 25th

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom