• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Why do people rage quit?

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Full Squid
NNID
PKGaming
What's the point in rage quitting? Is there any benefit to it at all? Don't you just lose more than you would've if you just stuck around?

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I'm never sure how many DCs are people rage quitting, or just losing their connection. Rage Quitting is pretty silly. Even when I have had absolutely painful, brutal matches, I've never really thought to turn off my system. You just gotta deal with a bad match, and then move on.

But as mentioned before, don't assume people who drop out of a match rage quit, it's likely a forced disconnection.

SpillProff

Full Squid
NNID
SpillProff
Had my whole team rage quit in ranked mode; enemy allowed me to win and squid partied with me until I won. :)
(also I do turn off my system but that's because I have to do something)

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Because people go tilt until they get mad/angry either because they did something stupid themselves or watched their team screw up at a spectacular level.

Not going to lie- i ragequitted myself a few times.

Spiderface

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Spiderface1992
I don't understand it at all and think it's really not cool. I yell and swear at the top of my voice at my team mates a lot when I play (O_o) but I have never rage quit...

I care a lot about how I do for my teammates sake. If I play badly, gosh I'm so embarrassed and disappointed not so much for me but for others. So I'd never quit cause that would be worse.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Ragequitting affects every online game because players are physically or emotionally immature and would rather ditch than put up with a game that isn't going exactly as they want it.

chrisbg99

Inkster Jr.
NNID
chrisbg99
I've only caused a disconnect once. And that was after it became glaringly obvious that I was in a group that had a large amount of people who only played when they were with certain other players.

I've never quit because my team was losing. I'm always trying to make headway even if my team can't get anything done.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Well damn, should've chosen a better time to post just before going to work laffo

I don't approve of it personally and i hope Splatoon 2 will be less lenient on it, but of course it's hard to distinguish it from an actual D/C and the player turning off the console. Having a surrender option would've been useful in mitigating players hard-leaving the game, especially if one team got spawncamped and can't get out anymore.
Ironically, despite Turf War being stamped at a casual mode, it's easily the least fair at this as you aren't even given a single comeback mechanic unlike in the ranked modes.

I know it sounds real immature getting upset at a game with happy squid children in it, but when you strive to get really good with any game but you keep failing at it is immensely frustrating. You can't BS yourself by saying you don't care because you keep being invested in it and it just doesn't work. It kinda feels like hitting a brick wall that other people can pass through effortlessly, and that usually drives people to go tilt and lose games. Eventually people can ragequit.

In the about 700-hours worth of Splatoon games i've ragequitted like... it can be counted on one hand? I usually regret doing it immediately after. But hey, it makes a good addition to the dead sea salt topic!

Heart of Ice

Semi-Pro Squid
I know it sounds real immature getting upset at a game with happy squid children in it, but when you strive to get really good with any game but you keep failing at it is immensely frustrating. You can't BS yourself by saying you don't care because you keep being invested in it and it just doesn't work. It kinda feels like hitting a brick wall that other people can pass through effortlessly, and that usually drives people to go tilt and lose games. Eventually people can ragequit.
Don't play to win, play to learn! Playing to learn is better than playing to win for several reasons. 1. It takes some pressure off of you, making it easier to focus. 2. It allows you to experiment with new weapons, strategies, and movement options. 3. Getting so focused on the win or loss stops you from evaluating why the outcome that happened occurred. 4. If you learn more, naturally you'll begin to win more ^^ !

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Don't play to win, play to learn! Playing to learn is better than playing to win for several reasons. 1. It takes some pressure off of you, making it easier to focus. 2. It allows you to experiment with new weapons, strategies, and movement options. 3. Getting so focused on the win or loss stops you from evaluating why the outcome that happened occurred. 4. If you learn more, naturally you'll begin to win more ^^ !
Most of these people aren't frustrated because they can't win. It's because they feel like they can't learn from their mistakes.

Heart of Ice

Semi-Pro Squid
Most of these people aren't frustrated because they can't win. It's because they feel like they can't learn from their mistakes.
What mistakes are you making in particular? If you're doing exceptionally bad you might be on tilt. If you're on tilt, chances are your mind's gonna be so bogged down with salt, that it'll be hard to figure out why you made a mistake.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
What mistakes are you making in particular? If you're doing exceptionally bad you might be on tilt. If you're on tilt, chances are your mind's gonna be so bogged down with salt, that it'll be hard to figure out why you made a mistake.
Sorry man, i haven't played the game since last Splatfest. I was more or less talking about other peeps at the moment who might be facing the same issue going tilt and salty. Reached S+ a while before last splatfest which was more or less my career goal in Sploon, so i've retired happily on this game until the inevitable sequel comes along.

all hail our glorious leader

aqua46

Inkling Cadet
Only time ragequit bothers me is when the match host throws a hissy fit and D/C's to avoid the loss. Its just a waste of time (rebooting) and you lose coin when you do it, so in the end it's always silly.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
Only time ragequit bothers me is when the match host throws a hissy fit and D/C's to avoid the loss. Its just a waste of time (rebooting) and you lose coin when you do it, so in the end it's always silly.
I'd wager a portion of ragequitters are also rank scummers--they have no accountability for their rank, and if they think they're going to lose, they can DC, rank scum and get off scot free

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
I'd rather just sit still and poof away, even if it IS a risk of winning. Than to lose because of a sorry team. If it is just three or two people, it is very, very, very, VERY!!!... rare for a team of three people to win to a team of four.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
They're mad and don't want to play anymore. You usually don't think as clearly when you are mad, and most of the time you're really not going to want to be sitting there waiting to lose. I don't do it, but it is fairly obvious.

InkDaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Eyal9070
I almost rage quitted yesterday but stopped myself because it's bad. I was about to do it because The team I was fighting was much better than me, and they were so focused on hunting me down that I felt like I had no chance to win. I got very frustrated because it's not fun to constantly be scared of players popping up around you and have things so hectic that before you can settle down on what's going on you've been killed again. Yesterday I felt like I couldn't see my opponents and they kept surprising me from everywhere. Just too hectic. I hope this describes the feeling I got when I wanted to rage quit well enough, and I hope that people who actually rage quit (or almost, lke me) teach themselves to stay calm forget about winning and just ink for fun and find funny things about the match.

InkDaze

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Eyal9070
I don't understand it at all and think it's really not cool. I yell and swear at the top of my voice at my team mates a lot when I play (o_O) but I have never rage quit...

I care a lot about how I do for my teammates sake. If I play badly, gosh I'm so embarrassed and disappointed not so much for me but for others. So I'd never quit cause that would be worse.
Remember, it's just a game

Captain Woomy

Woomy Enthusiast
I don't get why people rage quit. Of course while some of them are just unintentional disconnections, I honestly don't think someone should be playing this game if they feel the need to pretty much screw their team over because a match isn't going their way. I've been in so many situations where it looked like we were going to lose and we ended up turning the match around at the last second. Just because a match looks bad at first does NOT mean that your team doesn't still have a chance. You do. You just have to actually try and not give up in the middle of the match.

And another thing about quitting that's not rage quitting... I absolutely hate when a match isn't looking good for me and my team then someone gives up in the last 30 seconds and squid parties at the spawn when we could've possibly just barely won if they didn't quit in the middle of the match. Thirty seconds is plenty of time to turn the match around...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom