• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Why Do People Suck at Communicating

Should people pass the clams or the ball ,and/or squid jump when someone says "this way"?

• Total voters

SweetBread

Inkling
NNID
Buttfudge
Switch Friend Code
SW-4874-2404-8992
Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but I need to get it out of me fast and now!!!
People just don't seem to communicate well in ranked.
I was doing Clam Blitz and when I'm next to their basket and I'm telling them to go this way, i expect them to squidjump to me.
Instead, they decide to take the route where there are three people on them and die and drop or even destroy the ball.
Why can't anyone just listen to the team communicator half of the time.

Chewwiii

Senior Squid
NNID
newmoonz
Mmm
Well I would say this is partly because of accidental “this way!”s that happen almost all the time in ranked and in not ranked.
I mean it’s like people who “booyah!” at every second. Even if there’s nothing to “booyah!” about..
After a while, you start to ignore it unless you can see the “this way!”er has a pretty solid idea/ plan. Or they’re pretty adamant about you coming to them..

Breezy

Inkster Jr.
What rank are you? Not everyone knows you can superjump with the clam, and even if they do, there's no guarantee they're paying enough attention to know where you are exactly by checking the map on a regular basis. It's super aggravating I know.

SweetBread

Inkling
NNID
Buttfudge
Switch Friend Code
SW-4874-2404-8992
I'm an A+ in clam blitz
People should know how to play that mode by now

SweetBread

Inkling
NNID
Buttfudge
Switch Friend Code
SW-4874-2404-8992
That's an unreasonable expectation.
If people post it in the lobby for the game and everyone can see it then it should be a passable reason for me to expect them to do it

the

Inkling Commander
If people post it in the lobby for the game and everyone can see it then it should be a passable reason for me to expect them to do it
This may not work, but maybe booyah before saying “this way”, to let them know the coast is clear? A lot of ppl are cautious about superjumping to their death, so giving assurance could get them to jump. (This won’t always work ofc, some people are just stubborn or ignorant)

Mr Hemulen

Inkster Jr.
You are making a big leap from people seeing junk posts (by chance, not guarenteed) in the square to understanding what the posts mean (given most posts are trash that's already a stretch), to trusting you, as just another random player spamming commands, to jump to you. It's not going to happen consistently. If it happens and you are in a good position, that's a gold moment, you wont get many of them.

SweetBread

Inkling
NNID
Buttfudge
Switch Friend Code
SW-4874-2404-8992
but for them to reach an eventual high rank, they should be prepared on what a team effort is for these kind of ranked modes

Chewwiii

Senior Squid
NNID
newmoonz
but for them to reach an eventual high rank, they should be prepared on what a team effort is for these kind of ranked modes
Yes and No.
Have you ever heard of play styles and types..? Well these play a big part in being able to reach a rank. Now that I think about it the types of ranks really don’t matter..? Hmm

What I think your main problem is is their play style and how easy they can merge theirs into yours and then the teams overall style.. different types of team effort exist you know. Maybe your type of team effort is just not merging correctly with your other teammates??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom