• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Why does TW seems much harder then Ranked modes?

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
ok so if it's not splatfest i been noticing something strange..at least i find it strange and i am wondering or others have this as well?

sooooo as the title says..why does TW seems much more difficult then ranked modes? i mean with Splatfests i don't have the issue with TW but if you play it on other days..this mode seems frigging hard..i often struggle to splat others with most weapons..while if i played in ranked with these weapons it goes so much easier! i mean yeah i do focus alot more on inking then really searching for enemies ^^'' but is that the problem? or is TW outside splatfest just always a mess and it really is the luck that decides who wins? :o

Kai.E

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8062-1940-0630
All the ranked modes usually have you focused on place at one time so players get clustered together making it easier to tell where everyone is. But since turf war doesn't have people clustered you can get snuck up on a lot easier. But even so, it's just a completely different mind set than ranked since splats aren't as important.

hoo

Inkling
NNID
jawsbenjamin3
Switch Friend Code
SW-5606-6403-6999
Maybe because TW sharking is encouraged since once an enemy as taken an area they can just shark there and ambushing anyone who try to enter.
To counter this I recommend, completely turfing an area as you go in and avoid walls/corners.

Use a weapon with inkstorm and shoot one at the area you are going in. Enemy show up in the map after taking damage, so take a look in the map while the inkstorm is active to find any sharks. Remember they can always swim around the inkstorm.

Finally, this strat only works in Solo Q, but you can utilize sub strafing to bait a shark.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
ok so if it's not splatfest i been noticing something strange..at least i find it strange and i am wondering or others have this as well?

sooooo as the title says..why does TW seems much more difficult then ranked modes? i mean with Splatfests i don't have the issue with TW but if you play it on other days..this mode seems frigging hard..i often struggle to splat others with most weapons..while if i played in ranked with these weapons it goes so much easier! i mean yeah i do focus alot more on inking then really searching for enemies ^^'' but is that the problem? or is TW outside splatfest just always a mess and it really is the luck that decides who wins? :scared:
What rank are you?

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
Maybe because TW sharking is encouraged since once an enemy as taken an area they can just shark there and ambushing anyone who try to enter.
To counter this I recommend, completely turfing an area as you go in and avoid walls/corners.

Use a weapon with inkstorm and shoot one at the area you are going in. Enemy show up in the map after taking damage, so take a look in the map while the inkstorm is active to find any sharks. Remember they can always swim around the inkstorm.

Finally, this strat only works in Solo Q, but you can utilize sub strafing to bait a shark.
it is true what you say,certain areas in certain maps will give the team who has it a advantage,and all they have to do is splatting the enemy without getting splatted themselves,but i still at times make the mistake of not keeping a eye on my surroundings,then i am focused on something i plan to do and sometimes forget to keep a eye around me while i'm doing this x.x i usually look at the map when i die or i have the opportunity to take a quick look otherwise i rarely look at it ^^''

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
All the ranked modes usually have you focused on place at one time so players get clustered together making it easier to tell where everyone is. But since turf war doesn't have people clustered you can get snuck up on a lot easier. But even so, it's just a completely different mind set than ranked since splats aren't as important.
maybe that is my problem..i always feel like if i just splatted 2 or 3 enemies in TW that i did bad and did not helped out alot..while my TW points are always between 600 and 1100,and i really been less of a lone wolf in TW because i used to be 1 in TW haha,now i really try to stay near allies so we can defend each other where needed and attack together where needed but that really depends on how my allies think as well.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
welp my rank for each mode is this :D

SZ - A
RM - A+
TC - S
CB - A
There's your answer then. The new ranked system in S2 is by no means a measure of skill - anyone who puts enough time into the game can easily reach high ranks, meaning that instead of the coordinated teams that you faced in the higher ranks in S1 you have fairly mediocre players who throw themselves at the objective with no thoughts about strategy or tactics. This is also the reason for the painful number of "I'm stuck at **insert rank from B- to A + here" threads.

In TW, players are much more spread out - you don't get free kills by killing the mindless chumps who throw themselves at the objective.

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
One thing that turf war doesn't have that the ranked modes have is automatic special charge. Since if you're losing the objective in a ranked mode, you get a little special charge to comeback with.

Which makes it easy to lockout in a turf match, if you watch the flanks carefully.

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
There's your answer then. The new ranked system in S2 is by no means a measure of skill - anyone who puts enough time into the game can easily reach high ranks, meaning that instead of the coordinated teams that you faced in the higher ranks in S1 you have fairly mediocre players who throw themselves at the objective with no thoughts about strategy or tactics. This is also the reason for the painful number of "I'm stuck at **insert rank from B- to A + here" threads.

In TW, players are much more spread out - you don't get free kills by killing the mindless chumps who throw themselves at the objective.
i do admit i don't play the game all day ^^'' i just have different hobbies so i play for sometime and then i do something else,if i really played all day everyday i'm sure i could get where everyone is,i do admit about being stuck in A rank x.x ,if my team plays well then it goes well for me too,but if my team is chaotic then i don't know what to do either,i am not a leader,i need at least 1 to 2 teammates who know exactly what their doing for me to be very helpful as well.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
i do admit i don't play the game all day ^^'' i just have different hobbies so i play for sometime and then i do something else,if i really played all day everyday i'm sure i could get where everyone is,i do admit about being stuck in A rank x.x ,if my team plays well then it goes well for me too,but if my team is chaotic then i don't know what to do either,i am not a leader,i need at least 1 to 2 teammates who know exactly what their doing for me to be very helpful as well.
So you're relying on your team to carry you?

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
So you're relying on your team to carry you?
well no not exactly,i just meant that having a good team who knows what their doing really makes the difference ^^'' i was in teams that weren't all in sync or very chaotic but i still had my moments of doing some things good like splatting 3 enemies almost at the same time or taking control of the tower/splatzone or stopping the enemy with the RM from getting to close,

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
The reasons why TW can be harder then ranked is because it's a whole different beast imo.
Ranked has you focused on a objective creating a much tighter fighting space, ranked also rewards aggressive play and splats more while inking while useful serves a 'side-role'.

In TW the 'objective' is basically all over the place and as a result the playing field is much bigger, environmental awareness and stealth play a much bigger factor too.
Inking plays a much bigger factor too, i mean that's obvious but it's so important that it's legit to have play a pure inker/stealth role.
People still underestimate how dangerous it is to have your base inked by the enemy, not only do you need to clean it up but doing so means there are less squids in the main fight allowing the other team to control better.
Turf-control is key and having even one oppenent in your base can really mess up the whole match.
Also noticeable is due how there's no overtime or 'objective points', the tide can turn very rapidly, some even say only the last 30 seconds matter in turf but that's overblown imo.

So yeah, the reason why TW is harder to some is how it's so different.
Turf war being sometimes stamped as a 'casual' mode causes some to underestimate it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom