• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Why i think Animal Crossing Wii U will happen

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
1. It always takes ~3 Years until a new Animal Crossing gets released
2. Villager in Smash Bros, Nintendo likes to "advertise" other Games in Smash
3. Animal Crossing DLC in Mario Kart 8 (The Animal Crossing Track looks soooo good T_T)
4. There will be some sort of Animal Crossing Eshop game with Amiibo Cards, you may be able to use them for future Animal Crossing Titles too (they wouldn't release those Cards just for the 3DS eshop game)
5. Everyone loves Animal Crossing <3

Looking forward to the E3 :3
So i think the release will be November 2016

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
I expect to see an Animal Crossing for the Wii U, but my guess is that it will be announced at E3 of next year. I think it'll maybe be released in 2017?

AstralSpirit

Full Squid
NNID
AstralSpirit26
There better be a new Animal Crossing. I believe there's even that plaza or whatever for the series on the Wii U? They pretty much HAVE to make one at this point.

Doogle

Inkster Jr.
NNID
iamdoogle
Yes, yes, yes. 100x yes. It has to happen. I've been saying it on other forums and seeing others mention it lately I'm feeling optimistic we will see the first reveal next month.

Radi

Senior Squid
NNID
InfinityBeamX
I do see a new Animal Crossing happening within a year or two. If Nintendo wanted to keep their Animal Crossing fans happy, then they would do so. In the event that a new Animal Crossing is announced, I would think that it would be announced for the Wii U or New 3DS, or possibly both. Who knows? Not sure if it'll be announced at this year's E3 though.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
They won't do another one for the 3DS cause its always Console -> handheld -> console ->handheld

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
When the Animal Crossing Plaza on the Wii U was closing down, one of the people who worked on AC New Leaf said to say tuned for more upcoming Animal Crossing games. That was in December, and it implied that the platform they were talking about was the Wii U. Which would make sense because that AC Plaza did render all the animals in HD, so the characters are already all modeled. Animal Crossing Wii U isn't an "if" it's a "when".

ChainALM

Senior Squid
NNID
ChainALM
I could definitely see it happening with how popular New Leaf was. Also, with the Home Designer thing coming to 3DS, I could see potential for transferring created homes to the Wii U, or using the amiibo cards to unlock particular villagers and creating the town you want.

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
I think we'll see a Wii U game and I also think it will release this year, but I don't think it will be for the "main" series, I think they'll take a different approach and do a spin-off of sorts, that doesn't take too much into account the real time nature of Animal Crossing, because that gameplay is more suited to the portables.

I think something along the lines of the Island, you still have day/night cycles, various activities through the year, but they are more loosely scheduled than usual, I feel like building a resort of sorts could work great, and scanning the amiibo cards could bring specific villagers to spend some time on your island.

For some reason I also think the first phone app will be Animal Crossing and use the cards too, it's all about using those cards XD

MysticDarkz

Full Squid
Next Animal Crossing should have more GameCube villagers to return and a mode to create your own songs for the stereos, radios etc.

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
Next Animal Crossing should have more GameCube villagers to return and a mode to create your own songs for the stereos, radios etc.
Thats a really cool idea but it will never happen i guess. Maybe as a DLC though xD (Mario Paint like Music Composer would be fun)

Teddy

Senior Squid
NNID
EggplantAlloy
I think it will happen too, but I don't expect a reveal until later this year at the earliest. I don't think they want another information drought like what happened with New Leaf.

As excited as I am for any new Animal Crossing title, and despite the series' origins on a console, I think its true home is handhelds. I'll buy whatever game comes out but the style of gameplay really lends itself to portable.

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
I think everyone expects an Animal Crossing Wii U. The only thing that really needs debating is when it'll be released.

Do feel like this could've just gone in the Animal Crossing thread though, Crispy Calamari is cluttered as is without numerous threads for one game series

Squidly

Inkling
Villager being in smash isn't really the best reason since it's him from City Folk, still hoping for wii u animal crossing though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom